Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Cirque ad Infinitum Act 1: Presenting Cirque ad Infinitum

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/26 18:58:19 )

"Honored guests and esteemed comrades! Friends of all ages!"

Three spotlights switched on to illuminate a solitary figure standing tall in the center of the big top. All eyes were drawn to Lin and the confident grin on his made-up face.

"I bid you welcome to this new and fantastic realm," he stepped off a raised platform and seemed to fall through the floor as the lights switched off. They came back on with a thunderous sound to reveal Lin stepping between two supporting beams with seemingly nothing supporting his feet. His arms were crossed behind his back, fingers interlocked. Gasps rang out, but were drowned by his smooth, uninterrupted voice.

"You now find yourself lost in a maelstrom of curiosity and wonder... much like me," he hung his head when he reached the other side and seemed to sigh. "For years have I walked this road," he motioned towards the air he had just traversed. "But never once have I seen it! Much like YOU, I am sure? For we all must... stumble and fall," he stepped back shakily and let out a cry as he fell, but the sound cut off abruptly.

"-But we catch ourselves, of course," he continued, lights swirling into focus on his form as he descended slowly from mid-air, levitating it would appear. "Life demands it, time and again. We here at Cirque ad Infinitum repeat this struggle for days, for years... for however long it takes, and you - WELL, you are surely on this journey with us, no?"

His feet had touched the ground and he was already pacing, using the grand stage upon which the audience was seated around. He made eye contact with individuals as he spoke, and outstretched a hand at the end.

"I invite you, then, to take a vacation from whatever simple cage life has crafted for you and, for just a moment..." His voice trailed off as the lights suddenly gave out, and for a split second there was total shadow. When they boomed on, an entire cast of characters were arranged on the stage with Lin nowhere to be seen.

"For just a moment," he began again, and the audience drew their gaze upwards to where he had fallen from before. He was back there, light shining down on him. "Enjoy a feast of the unknown with my friends and I - the colorful types before you that will now introduce themselves in turn."

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/26 18:59:01 )
Summary
The circus is in town and Lin, the Ringmaster, is welcoming the people of Voltra to the greatest show in the realm

Instructions
Coded messages by the troupe members will be posted throughout the day!
Decode the messages to view all the introductions and learn more about Cirque ad Infinitum.
The method used to decode each one may be different, so be vigilant!
Please put any potential answers in a spoiler so other Volties may participate at their leisure!

Prize
All participants will be granted a free Ringmaster EI grant.
Additional copies will be available in Joyful Jamboree for purchase with Tickets.

The Codes

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/26 18:59:39 )
"That brings us full circle to yours truly! My name is Lin and I am the Ringmaster of this beloved troupe. I shall be your guiding voice for the next two weeks as that is the duration we plan to entertain! A pleasure, Voltra," he gave a deep bow with a hand over his heart, and the lights switched off to shine on him and one other.

"To my left, the Oracle Io, who can tell your fate with powers mystic and all-knowing," he smiled. Fanning out his arms, he declared: "His activity is up for you to take part in and enjoy, but tomorrow a new attraction will open - and the day after that, another at the same time. Check back to us daily and the fairgrounds will have a treat for you!"

The lights focused solely on Lin once more, and he made a clicking sound with his tongue that echoed throughout the big top.

"That reminds me! You all know of Trick and Treat, yes? Cirque ad Infinitum is well aware of their Reaping Ritual for we have been tasked by city hall to incorporate it into our show! Do be in attendance for that spectacle on October 31st, or you will surely miss a fantastic experience!"

He turned and the billowing of his garb cut through the air. "Now then, friends! We proceed with an evening of delight sure to set your eyes alight..." His voice shifted as if whispering to each member of the audience before fading as did the light that trailed him until nothing was visible.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/26 19:47:08 )
she looks to the sky to build herself

oooh shiny thread
*waits for more people to come participate*

x
@ me tho. | Hangout. | OCs. | Avatars.
looking to buy: ARIES

Donator — she, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/26 19:48:06 )
Here in the darkness I know myself

Oh my goodness, those numbers tho.
Can\'t break free until I let it go.
Let me go..

Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Voltie — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/26 19:48:46 )
My wish is your command~

Mm, yummy numbers *noms on*

554/750

For a price, at least~

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/26 19:56:35 )

Come and enter guys!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/26 19:58:57 )
My wish is your command~

@Hazer: well you are a coder dsfjksdh >w>

556/750

For a price, at least~

Donator — A.I. Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/26 20:08:02 )
The Circus has been a long time coming, I'm excited that it's finally here! 8D maybe I'll actually have time to participate, too RIP

please ping me if you need my attention! || stardust || be excellent to each other ♥
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/26 20:10:14 )
What does the future hold~?

Good luck Vii, I hope we can all enjoy the Circus together >w<

557/750

I will find out one second at a time~

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/26 20:11:57 )
Oh God codes :o

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/26 20:19:34 )
@Lin: I think you're saying...

Don't underestimate my short size.
You won't want to miss this surprise.
More than just a clown that honks a horn.
From my hands creative illusions are born.

]

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/26 20:24:52 )
Dont underestimate my short size.
You wont want to miss this surprise.
More than just a clown that honks a horn.
From my hands creative illusions are born.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/26 20:25:44 )

Ooh, ooh, this is sweet, I'm so excited, guys >w<

560/750

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/26 20:29:24 )
Ohh ciphers!
*flashbacks intensify*

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/26 20:30:16 )
How is participation counted? Just posting in the threads?
I knew how to decode that first one, but others got to it before me.
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/26 20:36:11 )
A number code, cool. o:

Voltie — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/26 20:42:37 )

@Siron: Huehuehue, I can imagine. >w>

@Rallaa: You're allowed to decode it even if others have gotten to it before you, it's why they were asked to place it in spoilers, so that others may decode it if they wish to. Participation is counted just by posting and being involved, but the fun is in getting involved.

562/750

"I'm the loser of the game you didn't know you were playing."

Ping me for a response.

"Someday, somewhere, somehow..."

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/26 20:44:50 )
Soo many numbers o.o

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/26 20:47:35 )
@Dipper: *squints* It still haunts me :^)
it sure helped with my cipher solving skills though, i hope
Sorry if Reply late!
Please ping me!

Questing

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.