Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee A wild NOOB has appeared!!

Donator — they / he Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 12:14:23 )
@Shamrock Shamus: Yoo, Shamus what's up? Should have known it'd only be a matter of time before I saw you around here. You're basically everywhere XD

Donator — - Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 12:19:32 )
@Kawaii Slowpoke: Slowpoke is great. : ) I think Slowpoke deserves much loves.

Lol true. They tire me out. Idk, kids are difficult to raise sometimes. It's also kind of a guessing game in a way. They don't come with instruction manuals and there is no definitive way to raise them. You just do what you think is right and good for them at the time and hope it goes well.
@Ginji: Ahh, alright. Have a good night. : )
@Vii: Exactly. Besides, homes you see in magazines are deceiving. It looks like a home but it's probably just a set. If it is a home, it was most likely staged for the picture. My mom would freak out when we were going to have company when I was a kid. She wanted the house spotless. She might as well have just said, "I want no signs that anyone actually lives here!" haha
Wow, 3 dogs? Nice! What breeds?
Thank you! : D I hope I'm doing a good job raising them.
@SamSpyroxis: Hey! Hahaha! I like avatar sites. : P

Donator — He Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 12:21:57 )
Welcome to the site :vanora_heart:

Donator — they / he Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 12:24:09 )
@Shamrock Shamus: Nothin wrong with that though :P I mean, if someone here had a problem with people liking avatar sites.... Well, they'd have an odd problem of their own to figure out XD
Always @ me
DATHIGTwitter

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 12:26:44 )
@Shamrock Shamus: My grandmother is sort of the same way. She's one to clean the bathroom pretty much every day, and I can totally get wanting to keep a nice bathroom / keep it from getting nasty, but every day? Come on now. xD If I clean something like that I feel like I'm just wasting product lol. And you're totally right about them being staged. Half the time they're assembled in Photoshop or even a sculpting program. It always does make for a really nice, surreal kind of presentation though.

And yeah, 3 dogs in our tiny home c': everyone things we're crazy but they're like our kids. One Queensland heeler, one beautiful cream lab mix, and a lighter Golden Retriever. I think they kind of like our cosy living situation too lol

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 12:26:48 )
I'm glad so many names I recognize are finding this site so quick!
Welcome!

Donator — - Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 12:42:50 )
@Raxton: Thank you! : D
@SamSpyroxis: Haha very true. xD
@Vii: Ha! I found it! This was basically my mom when we had company coming over: https://youtu.be/GBwELzvnrQg
Wow, everyday seems a bit excessive. But, at least her bathroom is sanitary. : )
Exactly. It is nice to look at but I always feel like my house is way to messy after. Haha.
It's okay, people think I'm crazy for having a small army of children. Crazy isn't always a bad thing. xD Cute! I love dogs! I'd like to see them sometime if you were to be okay with it.
@Anarchist Beauty: Hey you! Haha, yeah, I'm glad that I've seen some familiar people here as well. I hope this place does well.

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 12:51:06 )
@Shamrock Shamus: AHHH that's hilarious! I mean, I feel bad for what you must have dealt with as a kid but you were probably snickering at the same time about how funny your mom looked when she got all crazy. xD
My grandmother definitely knows how to keep a tidy home and was ALWAYS riding me about "being more ladylike" and cleaning more... oTL my house is like... nice for two days, and then trashed by the third LOL
And certainly, I love sharing photos of my pooches ~ I don't have any good ones on hand right now tho, so I'll have to get back to you. But I'll definitely ping you when I end up posting some!

I'm off to sleep as I have to work tomorrow morning. ^-^ Have a good night!~

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 12:52:18 )
@Shamrock Shamus: I have faith in it.
I love it so far.
It's cute and the staff are lovely peoples.
I was on the discord before even Alpha opened and I've been super excited for everything. Haha.

Donator — ...... Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 13:45:10 )
HI SHAMUS

Donator — - Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 13:56:02 )
@Vii: Haha it is hilarious. It's alright. My mom has social anxiety and was under the assumption that literally everyone was constantly scrutinizing her behind her back. So, she was constantly trying to make everything seem picture perfect in front of other people. I remember that when we had somewhere to go, such as a get together, she'd wake us up at 8 am to shower and get ready, even though 98% of the time we'd not have to be there until 12:30 or 1 pm ish. And she'd always force us to dress up in fancy clothes and stuff. >.>
Ugh, I hate the whole, "being lady like" and the notion that women "need to be tidy" because it gives growing girls the wrong idea about being a woman. I mean, I'm not "feminist" per se but I don't believe in gender stereotypes. Though, I understand why she has these values. That's what she grew up with. That's what she knows. It's harder for older people with these new ways society is being shaped because it defies all they've ever known. I mean, I'm getting up there in age. In 2019 I will be 40, so even I've been a bit lost on things like gender identity and just LGBTQ things in general as well as some other things that are becoming mainstream in society because none of this was talked about or around when I was a kid.
Lol, my house stays nice for 5 minutes, then I turn around to do something and turn back around and things are everywhere. It's almost like a curse...except its actually a small army of children. lol
Haha alright. I'm looking forward to seeing them.
Goodnight! Sleep well!
@Anarchist Beauty: I do to. I like the avatars as well and I think people here are incredibly nice. : )
@Espy: Hii!! -waves- What's up?

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 13:59:39 )
@Shamrock Shamus: Woohoo! Welcome to the site :D

Donator — ...... Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 14:03:50 )
Nothing much, feeling a little bad for neglecting Voltra and Tris to play Morrowind :|

Donator — - Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 16:42:49 )
@Panda: Thanks Panda. -hugs- It's good to talk to you again.
@Espy: Ah, well, it's understandable. As long as you come back every now and then because we'll miss you otherwise. : )
I've not been on Tris in so long.

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 19:22:37 )
@Shamrock Shamus: You're definitely right, the generation gap has a lot to do with it. Up until about the 80's, women were simply raised and bred to be the homemakers, and since she was home all day while the husband was away at work, it was only fair to keep the home spotless. My boyfriend are both pretty good (pretty good but not perfect lol) about taking care of some of the housework if the other is away at work. But I'm also lazy so there are some days that the vacuum and the sink go untouched. xD

"Feminist" as a word confuses a lot of people and carries such a negative undertone anymore (thanks, reddit and 4chan) that it's easier anymore just so say "I believe in equal rights". I'm one of those people who doesn't care much what other people are really doing so long as they aren't hurting anyone. xD Life is too short to spend it worrying about what the next person is doing.
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 19:33:44 )
Hey!! Nice to see you here too! Welcome to site! :D
-Vlad

Donator — - Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 20:33:04 )
@Vii: Yeah. And I feel like if something is all you've known your whole life, it's a bit difficult to adjust. It's not the same but I was 4 when my parents uprooted my brother and I and we left Ireland and came to America. Before that, all I ever knew was the Irish ways of life. America was extremely perplexing to me and it took me forever to adjust to American ways of life.
It's good that you guys try to split it. I have a few friends who are like, "I raise the kids and do all the housework while my husband goes and hangs out with his friends, yada yada." and I just don't understand why people make their s.o raise kids they helped create and do all the work in the house they live in to. My dad was an abusive drunk and my mom had to work two stressful jobs (she was a paramedic at two different hospitals) and she had to raise us, cook, clean and everything while my da just got drunk. I overheard her one day when I was a young teen crying to her friends that she felt stuck and miserable, so on so forth. So, I mean, after hearing something like that, I decided that when I settled down, I didn't want my wife to be miserable and feel stuck. So, I tend to advocate for splitting housework/raising kids with one's s.o 50/50 or at least close. It's not fair that one does everything and the other does nothing. Although, I don't blame you for not wanting or having the energy to do chores sometimes. I don't either and like yours, my sink and vacuum tend to go untouched sometimes.

Yeah, that's exactly why I'd rather say "equality". It's so negative now and I'd rather people not assume I'm some tumblr sjw. xD
@Thalanil: Vlad!! -hugs- Thanks. Nice to see you to.

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 20:46:13 )
@Vii: Yeah I know what you mean and Gaia isn't the only one. On most sites, I have such bad luck that I won't get anything that is considered rare. I can see myself getting all the way to the 10th crate before I get it XD

I feel your struggle though. I am not a patient person and hate waiting.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 20:50:47 )
Hi Shamus! Glad to have you on here! -hugs-

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 20:58:01 )
@dragoness129: Hi there, dragoness. I know you too from Caedon! Maybe you recognize me.
This is my topic in the Exchange. Please go buy my items. I have old crate items and orb items for sale.

https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7218/#666694

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.