Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee A wild NOOB has appeared!!

Donator — - Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:13:40 )
-jumps out of the tall grass- OOOGAA BOOGA!!

Hello! I'm Shamus. I'm a 37 year old Irish immigrant with a small army of children (11). I like avatar forum sites. I'm on a few others, so if you've seen a Shamrock Shamus elsewhere, its me. : P

I like playing video games, drawing, sleeping (when I can. I have intense insomnia, so I can't sleep as much as I need to), playing with my kids, learning languages, etc. I was a Mandarin teacher for quite some time. I unfortunately had to step down because Lupus kicks my butt.

So, hi!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:19:59 )
Hi there Shamus! Welcome to Voltra. :) What kind of video games do you like? That's awesome that you're a Mandarin teacher as well. It's such an interesting language!

Hope to see you around! ^^

Ping me so I don't ghost you by accident!
ART REQUEST

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:29:08 )
Hi, Shamus. It's Ginji. I already know you from Caedon XD I just joined too because...why not? The avatars are cute.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:30:52 )
Hi, welcome!
I think I've seen you other sites before. (I'm foxotanashi elsewhere)
foxotanashi
• A Nalightful Quest •

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:31:23 )
@Shamrock Shamus: Welcome to Voltra, Shamus! ^-^ Lol you're right about the small army of children. With all those little hands running around tho, I know I'd never do a chore again. xD Well, at least until they're out of the house LOL

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:33:45 )
@Vii: Just have to say that you're adorable <3

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:35:28 )
@Ginji: Ah, thank you so much! Instant mood booster lol ^-^

Admin — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:35:30 )
@Shamrock Shamus: WELCOME!! Wow, I thought I was busy with all you Volties. But that's truly amazing and I'm glad to have you here on Voltra! :D
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — Pokemon Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:36:20 )
@Shamrock Shamus: Jesus. 11 children?
HOW ARE YOU ALIVE?

Welcome to Voltra btw :D

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:36:48 )
@Vii: Yep, that is what I'm here for. Spreading the compliments! XD

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:47:49 )
@Kawaii Slowpoke: It probably helps him that he's not the mother. xD

@Ginji: That's always a good thing! Kindness costs nothing and the world always needs more of it ~ c:

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:50:22 )
@Vii: You got that right. There is no reason to bully others and be cruel. I always try to be nice c: Look, I donated. I look cute now too XD

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:51:22 )
@Ginji: I appreciate that c:

And way to go! *fist bump* I love those little antennae, they remind me of Loki lol

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:54:37 )
@Vii: Lol and I love Loki and you're right. It reminds me of him too XD It said I 'could' win the cake item, but I didn't win it XD

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:55:47 )
@Ginji: Yeah, the chances of actually grabbing the third item are about 1/6, so not too hard but not too easy either. I was lucky enough to grab the Static set off only my second Alpha crate.

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:58:13 )
@Vii: I bought two crates so far, but it's fine. I'm sure I'll get it eventually. It says that if you don't get the rare set after 9 crates, you will get it with the 10th XD

Donator — - Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 12:01:48 )
@Prodigy: Hello! Thank you! I like Pokémon, Legend Of Zelda, Legacy of Y's (which is highly underrated), DBZ games, GTA, Saints Row, Mario, Yoshi, Street Fighter, SSB, Mario Kart, Sonic (but I've not played a sonic game in a long time), NHL, Rayman, Mario Party (although that usually ends up causing my kids to fight with each other) and a few others but drawing a bit of a blank on the rest.

Mandarin is such an awesome language. It's full of history and cultural references, plus I find writing in it fun. I liked teaching. Most of the students were great kids and I liked getting to know them. I also really liked the rewarding feeling of when a kid has been struggling but they finally start understanding it and you see their eyes light up with confidence and happiness. : ) I'm gonna miss it.
@Ginji: Hey hey Ginji. What's up? I agree these avatars are adorable. : D
@Nalight: Ah, yes, I recall seeing you. Hey there!
@Vii: Hello! Thank you! Haha yeah! My house isn't the most messy but it's not the cleanest either. I can only do so much. Luckily, a few of my kids are old enough to do some chores and when my younger kids are done playing, I have them put their toys back in the toybox in their playroom. So, that helps. Haha.
@Fozzy: Hi! Thank you! Lol I can raise kids but I wouldn't be able to run a site. I am not patient enough. xD
@Kawaii Slowpoke: Lol idk. Although, Vii is right. At least I didn't have to give birth to all them. xD There are 4 different mothers, so at least one woman hasn't had to give birth to all them either.
I like your name btw. I love Slowpoke. He's cute.

Donator — Pokemon Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 12:03:20 )
@Shamrock Shamus: Slowpoke is my favorite!
Yeah that makes sense but you still gotta care for them all!
Would drive me nuts haha
I dunno how my mom and dad survived with me and two step daughters (my dads daughters and my half sisters).

art by: blinkini (idk why i never put this here 3 years ago)

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 12:03:45 )
@Shamrock Shamus: Heyooo~ Nothing much, just about to head off and take a shower soon because it is after 2am for me XD
This is my topic in the Exchange. Please go buy my items. I have old crate items and orb items for sale.

https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7218/#666694

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 12:11:57 )
@Shamrock Shamus: Ah, nothing wrong with a lived-in home! As much as I'd like to have a home that looks like a magazine, that just takes too much effort and time when you live in a dust factory with 3 dogs. xD

That's cool, and teaching your kids responsibility with their possessions early on is a great move. c: You do seem like an excellent father! ^-^

@Ginji: Gosh, that's still potentially $10 to spend for the item c': but at least there's an eventual guarantee. I'm looking at you, Gaia and in the meantime you'd be able to sell all the extra sets to help make up for it.

I'm kinda bummed that I have to wait a while to pick up more Ohms, but it is only the first so I just need to be patient. xD
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.