Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums News & Updates The Surge: Happy Anniversary!

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/1 13:30:28 )

Ah, it's a beautiful day today because you all are in it! It's so strange that this wonderful city's been bustling for a year now. I wasn't around for half of it, but you folks always brighten my days! I may be the one and only Spark, but you're the fire under my wings!

I'll never go back to being alone, and that means none of you will either, on my word as an idol who adores his wildly giving fans! I'll keep you and this city burning like a phoenix, baby, and that's a promise!

Right! Let's go on and dive into this exciting Surge because boy, will there be a lot of stuff going on around Voltra that you will not want to miss!

:crate:September Crates Have Arrived!:crate:

Let me ask you this, babes! What happens at Voltra HQ near the end of every month? If you guessed pain and suffering mixed with bouts of inspiration and happiness at being done with work, you would be right! The 1st of every month now 'til the end of our time is when people with great talent sit down to bring you the best they can offer in daring new duds!

Crate Items, or CIs as they can be called, are comin' fast to a favorite shop near you! Pay my siblings a visit and drop them a line for me, yeah? Oh, they can hear this too! Hey baby brother and equally adorable sister! Don't work too hard, alright?

Engile: By Nebulae
Catcher: By Nebulae
The Messenger: By Glume

Thank you to our Item Tech, Elithiya for uploading!

Hurry on over to OMG Imports to get yours today!

September Crates can be purchased from Ohm-my-gosh imports for 250 each through 8/31.
(If you'd like to purchase ohms, visit the donation page.)

*Reminder: You can wear 2 poses from a single set!*
*The Messenger will be available next month, then switched out with a new rare set in November's crate.*

Check out A Guide to Voltra Crates for more information.

Smiley Update!

:static-celebrate: :frizz-celebrate: :spark-celebrate: :vanora-celebrate: :vivi-celebrate: :von-celebrate: :val-celebrate: :velvet-celebrate: :violet-celebrate: :vyctor-celebrate: :virgil-celebrate: :vreg-celebrate:

So do you lovable Volties enjoy these things called "smilies?" All I know is they are kind of like pictures representing yours truly and whoever else, but now you have access to even more of them!

How I understand it is you click a thing to open up another thing and then you can click one of the new, er, "smilies," in there! Get it? Awesome!

and

are now available in the smiley
:crate:

Thanks ghost

Anniversary Block Party!

I have been holding off on this until now, but Volties?

Happy 1st Anniversary!

Things are going to get a lot more lively as the Anniversary Block Party event begins today and runs until the 8th! To start with, you can claim a free item just by logging in and clicking a certain button each day! Don't worry, you'll notice it for sure.
*Opening day login gift is available now!*
*Gift grants for the event will be live through 9/15 to allow everyone the chance to claim them.*
*Prizes can be claimed a max of 1 per user account and 3 per IP address. Claiming more than the max of 3 accounts per user is in violation of Voltra rules.*
*Extra EIs can be purchased in Joyful Jamboree!*

I'm told it's like an "advent calendar," but you better believe I have got no idea what that means! Oh, but take your time because you can learn some cool little lore with each grant. I've checked out the bits myself and let me assure you, no textbook style reading!

For activities, my savior Valentina - cannot thank that girl enough! - is hosting a huuge giveaway and raffle! My spunky sister, Frizz, is looking to spread some mischief with something she calls 'the corruption game?' Sounds fun, if a tiny bit suspect! On the flipside, my heroic boy Vontell is taking heartfelt messages to share good vibes publicly so you more softspoken loves can feel comfortable! Like a nice nap on Static's fur, though he won't let me often.

If you have artistic talent, and I know all of you do, Vivienne is scouting for art she can plug into a book of memories! Oh, wait, it's a scrapbook! Yeah! Still learning human terms, but it has been awesome so far. While Vivi's looking for art, Vanora's running one of those item design contests you've seen going around. The theme's pretty broad with just being... you guessed it, Voltra itself! I would love to model for you in either case. Art? I have juuust the pose in mind! Items? I'm fashionable! Ring me up any time and I will be there.

Last but certainly not least, I am getting in on this action! I may not have been here for the opening party, but dang if I will let this opportunity pass me up. I have been working super hard on a game for you all, so don't hesitate to come enjoy!

Vontell's Dilemma Results!

A while back, my boy Vontell was having some problems with the company that makes the shoes he sells. I offered to have a little chat with them, but Vontell wouldn't have it! He asked you good folks for help, and boy did you deliver like I knew you would!

I saw some fantastic designs, but unfortunately there can only be one winner. Well, three technically if you count second and third place, and I do! Hey, you are a winner in my heart no matter where you rank because you are awesome!

Without further ado, here are the results!

@Nalightful with Entry 03
1st place

@Raxton with Entry 01
2nd place

@Okios with Entry 02
3rd place

Congratulations to them!

Staff Information - I.T. Q&A

With our city forever growing, the demand and drive to provide more content grows with it. As a result, Voltra's marvelous staff is looking to expand too!

If you're interested in the opportunity to contribute your talents to our city, you can always check our staff thread for a list of open positions.

Currently we are scouting for Item Technicians. What is that? Well find out here!

A Message From Staff

Oh! I was just given a very important scroll, Volties! The higher-ups want me to read it for you all, so here goes!

Staff:
Hey everyone!

We would like to cut through the in-character text for a moment and get serious for a little bit here. This is Voltra's 1st Anniversary, but it has surely not been an easy road. We've hit quite a few roadblocks, had our fair share of drama, and have admittedly dropped the ball more than once across various fields. There's no excuse for it, but we want to be better, and issuing this statement to you is our promise for a more comfortable experience.

An experience where a feature is advertised and then executed in a prompt fashion. Where your concerns are addressed more efficiently and above all else, properly. Where activity is encouraged, and rules made crystal clear. There has been some confusion regarding what one can and cannot do throughout the forum, and you can expect a resolution to that in the coming weeks. Rules will be rewritten, and your feedback as to their clarity will be invaluable.

Your voice is important to us and if you feel as if your safety on Voltra is compromised, or that a user is treating you wrongly, don't hesitate to reach out! We want Voltra to be a community wherein every one of us can thrive. While we've introduced the Block feature to help address some concerns or disputes between users, please understand this feature is by no means an excuse for malicious behavior! If you're being harassed or observe questionable conduct, notify Voltra Staff immediately.

We're sure you've seen Hazer around, and if you haven't, he's our wonderful new developer who, along with Vii and Hadsvich, have been working around the clock to improve or introduce features. Truth is, Voltra got a little excited when our team was bigger and wanted to do more, but we haven't had developer power for a long time. Perhaps since even before the Blackout. Now that developers are here and active, however, we're implementing new elements and bettering existing features that should have been here ages ago. It's better late than never, we think, and hope you agree!

We - all of us on staff - believe in Voltra, and want to thank you for everything you've done. All the support you've given over this past year has been instrumental in getting us past some dark times and into a future where stable developer power can get you the polished features you deserve! We have a team capable of change and communication now, and we humbly ask you give us this chance to show what Voltra can really do. How this home of ours and yours can serve in new and exciting ways!

We've survived a year. Let's live for many more.

Coming Soon!
Common Surge [9/15]

We made it to the end, folks, and you know what that means! It is sadly time for me to fly the coop, but never fear. We will meet again sooner than you think at the game I have prepared for you all!

Now remember! It is an anniversary, but party responsibly and look out for each other. Be smart, be safe, and stay classy!

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/1 13:37:18 )
Omg that new rare o:

Also big congrats to nalightful

Admin — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/1 13:50:16 )
:static-celebrate: :frizz-celebrate: :spark-celebrate: :vanora-celebrate: :vivi-celebrate: :von-celebrate: :val-celebrate: :velvet-celebrate: :violet-celebrate: :vyctor-celebrate: :virgil-celebrate: :vreg-celebrate:

Happy 1 Year Anniversary Volties!
I want to thank our community for all the support throughout this wild ride of a year.
To many more, let's celebrate!

*raises coffee up*
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/1 13:56:48 )

I'm really excited about today.
Happy anniversary, ya goons!
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/1 14:21:32 )

Nice items :D The Engile is my fav out of those three.

Currently Questing:Yes Dark Master**, Arachnocratic

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/1 14:29:55 )
Happy anniversary Voltra!

*Throws confetti*
There is something haunting in the light of the moon;
It has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/1 14:49:14 )

Happy Anniversary to Voltra and all its inhabitants!!

Always ping me please.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/1 15:14:58 )
Yay for a fulll year with its up 'n downs. But mostly its ups ;)
That new birdy set *A*

( Also.... just a curious question: what is it with that blue cupcake next to my login info? I clicked it but got an error telling me it didnt exist. ) <- nvm it seemed to work just ater I had set this

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/1 15:18:59 )
Wow! Happy anniversary!! I really enjoy the site you guys have made and look forward to what you guys introduce to use next! (Even though I’ve only been here barely a day) this site is already gonna be a favorite of mine

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/1 15:23:53 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY VOLTRA

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/1 15:31:00 )
Happy 1st Anniversary, guys.
Glad I was here for it.

But now....
OMG Van and Viv!
:vanora_kiss:

I didn't think of it until after I closed it.
Can someone copy the text from the first item grant?

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/1 15:34:54 )
@Rallaa:
Freebie Successfully Claimed!
She closed her eyes to the soothing whir of the hairdryer, reveling in the pleasurable touch of gentle fingers through her silky hair. Vanora let out a soft contented sigh and felt all the tension leave her. The hairdryer came to a stop and its sound was replaced by a low, melodic hum. Vivi caressed the girl's scalp with both hands before slowly brushing through the strands with perfect ease.

"Such beautiful hair, Van," she leaned over the girl's shoulder with one arm draped around her neck, and smiled with a blush faint on her cheeks. "I hope you like it..."

Vanora laughed while taking the girl's hand in her own, interlocking their fingers. With her other hand, she caressed her cheek. "I love it, Vivi," she smiled wryly. "As I love you."

Vivi's face went completely red. "U-uhm! I love you too! But we should get going! T-the anniversary, right? Yeah, we have to do that, and-" Vanora silenced her with an unexpected kiss to the lips.

"Oh, we will. It's been a year, however, and I want to savor where we are now," Vanora winked. "We'll have the rest of the day for business, but only this moment to ourselves. Do you not agree?"

Vivi, brain still fried from the action seconds ago, could barely muster a response as she was swept off her feet.

You have been given the following:

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/1 15:37:09 )
Yes, good.
With so many copies, it will surely go on to be well documented.

Is this the first indication of this?
Or was there stuff about this before my time here?
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator — she, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/1 15:58:07 )
Happy Anniversary!
Thank you to the staff and all the lovely volties in the community for making a wonderful environment and home Here’s to many more years!
Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/1 16:08:31 )
happy anniversary

also loving the new items and smilies!
call me grem
they/them

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/1 16:24:43 )
So much awesomeness!!!! And I love the new crate items!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/1 16:28:17 )
:vanora-celebrate: Look at us, surviving and shit.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/1 16:30:54 )
congrats, and happy 1 year! ♡
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/1 16:37:30 )
Oooh, love the new crate items! Can't wait till I can get them.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/1 17:06:41 )
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, VOLTRA !! (((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))♡

Also about the story blurb: YEEEEEAHHHHH GIRLLL! MWAH 💋 💕

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.