Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day Event 2020 Vontell's Dilemma: Item Design Contest

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/10 18:00:00 )

Ah, you all came! My apologies for the short notice, but I am unfortunately in quite the bind, and would be most appreciative of any assistance you can offer!

You see, I received a curious call early this morning. It was from the shoe manufacturing company responsible for turning my designs into reality. They informed me that they would no longer be accepting my ideas, and would have to terminate our partnership with no further explanation.

I questioned the decision, of course, and told them I would be more than happy to work with them on pursuing creative avenues that would align with their wants. But suddenly there was this strange laughter before the call cut off as if the line disconnected. When I attempted to redial the number, I reached a voicemail belonging to the company. I left a detailed message, then, and await their reply!

While I do wonder what spurred such a spontaneous move, I have a thought. Perhaps my shoes have indeed grown stale? It is true I have been spending more time on my novel, and artistic block is a strong possibility. That is where you come in, friends!

After your glorious aid to Velvet, I humbly ask that you grant me license to your creative genius! Lobster shoes? Melon clogs? I foresee no end to the innovative possibilities and request thus: share with me your concepts for footwear, and I am sure I could win back the support of this company, or! Hmm.

I could potentially start my own as such programs to produce your own products are becoming popular online, are they not?

Should Vontell start up his own shoe making business?

OR

Should Vontell look for another manufacturer?

SUMMARY

Looks like Vontell is having some difficulties with the corporate honchos who make the footwear he stocks. He's asked for your help in an effort to win their favor again, but are things really as they seem?

He has also asked for your advice in whether he should start up his own manufacturing business so he doesn't have to rely on outside sources. His choice, decided by you ultimately, will have an impact on future circumstances.

RULES

Deadline: August 21st
@Vontell the post with your design submission(s)
Max of 3 submissions
Designs must be footwear, but can be any kind of shoe imaginable
Leg mods are allowed if they're primarily footwear; see Velvet's Boots in the shop as an example

PRIZES

Your item in all 35 recolors + Common Orb RIG!
1st Place

5k Volts
2nd Place

3k Volts
3rd Place

Can not wait to see what you have in mind!

Submission 1: Birb Slip: Cute fuzzy fluffy bird themed slippers because I am your Voltra neighborhood crazy bird lady (Millet being a beloved seed of many birds) so it would be a crime if I didn't make one submission bird related. (the birb ending with b is not a typo. Its meme lingo haha)

Submission 2: Scaler: A reptile, platform combat boot- though I think one of the yellow varieties should probably be leopard print? or a yellow scale print too idk.

half joke submission 3: "The Modern Trojan". Back in the day you needed a army to operate a trojan horse, with today's advancements you need only one.
If you can walk on stilts you can walk in this metal contraption that still manages to look gallant AF:

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/10 19:31:06 )
@Vontell: is it safe to post in here yet, I just may have to try this.

as a matter of a fact, there are some shoes, that I think would be awesome to have on here. that I wanna try and draw.

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/10 19:36:13 )
@Unicorn: Ah, most certainly! Feel free to post any designs or simply converse with me as I and Leo would love the company.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/10 19:38:33 )
@Vontell: if I sent an image link concept for inbox would that help ypu in anyway, I don't think I am that great for making shoes?
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/10 19:54:30 )
We\'ll carry on

@Vontell: can I whack that person of the shoe company with a high heel for you?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/10 20:03:50 )
Oooh can't wait to see what awesome designs we get

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/10 20:06:45 )
@Unicorn: I apologize but I do not quite understand. Could you elaborate on your troubles, my friend?

@Tuijp: I would rather it not escalate to violence! I am sure it is merely a misunderstanding. If not, however, I am positive my friends here will help me greatly!

@sunny: Yes! Volties did remarkably on Velvet's request, and I cannot wait to see what possibilities emerge this time around.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/10 20:11:18 )
We\'ll carry on

@Vontell: I can make it look like an accident

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/10 20:22:06 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

Is it ok if I just draw a concept? I cannot do pixel art for the life of me.

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/10 20:57:39 )
@Millet: Of course! Concept art is perfectly acceptable so long as it is your own work. Keep in mind I will not select winners based solely on artistic talent. I care for the imagination put into it, and execution overall.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/10 21:08:22 )

You should definitely start your own shoe making business! Everyone here at Voltra already loves you, so I'm sure that you'll be able to get all the help and support you need
I might give the design contest a shot too.

● sry, i'm not that interesting ●
also please ping me

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/10 21:15:26 )
@Vontell: I think the company who dropped you is losing on the deal. Anyone with hair as fabulous as yours surely knows fashion when they see it!

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/10 22:01:01 )

Submission 1: Birb Slip: Cute fuzzy fluffy bird themed slippers because I am your Voltra neighborhood crazy bird lady (Millet being a beloved seed of many birds) so it would be a crime if I didn't make one submission bird related. (the birb ending with b is not a typo. Its meme lingo haha)

Submission 2: Scaler: A reptile, platform combat boot- though I think one of the yellow varieties should probably be leopard print? or a yellow scale print too idk.

half joke submission 3: "The Modern Trojan". Back in the day you needed a army to operate a trojan horse, with today's advancements you need only one.
If you can walk on stilts you can walk in this metal contraption that still manages to look gallant AF:

(I tried :vanora_cry: )
@Vontell: last one being a leg mod technically ish I figure its prob too big to be considered tho lol

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/10 22:27:19 )

@Millet: i am LOVING your designs!

I'm so glad to see another contest! can't wait to see all the entries <3

Questing: click here!

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/10 22:28:41 )

Thanks Nyuu <3

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/10 22:32:42 )
@millet: Cute avi <3

And I can't wait to enter this contest! Sounds fun!
I know we can help ya Vontell!
foxotanashi
• A Nalightful Quest •

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/10 22:35:24 )

@Nalightful: Thanks you too! :valhappy:
I bet you'll make something epic and fox-full :P

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/10 23:42:08 )
@Llama: Thank you for such heartwarming words of encouragement. And please, do consider joining this contest as I would be thrilled to see your ideas!

@Kozi: My deepest thanks for your sincere compliments, and gracious confidence in me! I was considering a change in my hair style, but I would hate to disappoint those who share my aesthetic. What do you think? Should I talk with Vivienne about a potential shift?

@Millet: An inspiring wave of designs! You are quick, my friend, and highly effective. The mod is especially interesting to be sure. It may not count as a valid submission, but I will notify you immediately if that is the case!

@Nalightful: Yes, please do and share with us your imagination! I have no doubt in my mind that you Volties will provide the inspiration I most desperately need.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.