Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Spiders in the Shower

Donator — Monster Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/22 04:11:00 )

Edit: I'm gonna preface this story by apologizing for having drowned the spiders. Yes I know they were living creatures, and yes I probably could have done something better, but I was naked with others in the house, my options were limited.

So today I wanted to have a nice refreshing shower before school. I get all my stuff ready, I get into the shower and as I turn the water on I notice a black circle hidden under our bath mat (my sister needs it to prevent her from slipping in the tub). I've become a well-known bug killer in my house so I just washed the butt away, no problem. BUT THEN I casually put my hand on my thigh because I felt proud of myself for catching the spider, but I felt something soft and weird on my thigh. YUP, THERE WERE TWO. There was another spider just chilling on my thigh - needless to say it went to bug heaven too. I felt bad, I screamed so loudly I scared my mother.

So uh, summer is great right? ;_;

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/22 04:28:45 )
Spiders are sweet, lovable multi-limbed angels.
Poor little guys.

Donator — Monster Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/22 04:31:19 )

@Glume: Well I mean, I normally get a cup and paper and send spiders outside, but at 6 in the morning, naked in the shower I didn't really have time to process.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/22 04:36:51 )
I've become so scared of the spider escaping and getting on me or disappearing while I try to get it outside, so whenever I see one I just have to end it for my own sanity. It's sad but I just cant handle it.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/22 07:29:14 )
RIP itsy bitsy spider
Sorry if Reply late!
Please ping me!

Questing

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/22 10:52:56 )
@Sulley: Totally understandable given that specific set of circumstances.
I've personally always thought it was kind of nasty that we'll kill spiders and other bugs simply for being scary. Like.... if you compare deaths from spider bites to deaths from dog bites, and then compare their treatment....
but I digress!
I you guys!

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/22 11:24:14 )

@Glume: since the world's deadliest animal is the mosquito, we can kill them, right?

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/22 11:39:53 )
@Tuijp: If something attacks you, feel free to defend yourself!
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/22 12:08:21 )
I sympathize with the spiders in the shower thing. There are many here, since we live in the forest. I'm kind of numb to them being there by now, and just sort of move them out of the way, and keep going. XDD;;;

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/22 19:58:49 )
How environmentally minded of those spiders for trying to save water!

As a class of animals, spiders will do fine without us carrying them outside every time we see one. But I'm not a see-spider-n-scream kinda gal. They do their thing, I do mine.
Ping me

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 10:48:48 )

@Eruca: I'm the same until their huge brothers jump on me. Then it's game on.

Donator — Artist Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 23:39:55 )

@Sulley: Oh eww... I hope it wasn't a poisonous one o: I would have done the same, scream and all :P
Ping me if needed

I do pixels. check my shop

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.