Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing When Life Just Goes Right

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 03:13:16 )
Quiet! Lady Luna is speaking!- - - -
Hollie was completely silent before looking to Hal, almost as if she was saying to stop her from losing her temper.

"Of course. Because I want to kill the one that I find myself loving. Because I want to make sure that his kind becomes even closer to being extinct than they already are." She stated, her tone scathing.

"Vincent, you have one chance," She continued, her voice getting darker as he could almost feel the tainted aspect of her mana reaching out, "one chance to prove you aren't as much an idiot as you really are seeming to be."

- - - -All right, she is finished. You may speak again.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 03:32:55 )
Hal's eyes widened as all this occurred.

'...Vincent... come on... just... don't... say anything stupid.' he thought.

"H-Hollie?" Vincent stammered.

"I... what do... I mean..." he stuttered further, before shaking his head swiftly.

"I'm just trying to PROTECT you!" he exclaimed in response.

'....idiot.' Hal thought, bracing himself mentally.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 03:43:15 )
As soon as Vincent said what he did, Hollie got to her feet. There was a calmness to her movements, no anger, no anything. There was no emotion to it.

She'd flipped the switch for the professional side of her, strictly because if she didn't... she knew her temper was absolutely horrible.

"Vincent Daniel Remmington," Her voice was hiding her anger quite well. If anything, she sounded like she was dealing with those she worked with, "you have five seconds to excuse yourself from these premises, before I force you off of them."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 04:04:54 )
Vincent was silent as Hollie said what she did, and threatened what she did.

"Hollie?" he mumbled.

'...4...' Hal thought, counting down mentally.

"Hollie, I'm just looking out for you, I swear." Vincent protested.

'...3...2...' Hal continued to count down.

"I don't want anything to happen to you!" Vincent then exclaimed.

'...1... and 0.' Hal concluded.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 04:08:20 )
"Time is up, Vincent." Hollie stated mere moments before he felt her mana around him. He couldn't fight it, she had far stronger mana than he did.

"Goodbye." Was the last thing she said before he was gone, dropped into the pool that he had in his backyard with a splash.

Once her brother was gone, she just left the room, leaving Rowena and Hal alone.

The former looking quite unimpressed herself.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 04:40:23 )
Hal just sighed, and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Damn it." he cursed.

"Just... damn it." he sighed.

"Sorry, Rowena." he said to the Fyrane.

"Tonight should have gone a lot better." he went on.

"I'd really hoped so, anyway."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 04:43:32 )
Rowena didn't say anything for a moment as she just got to her feet.

"Well..." she trailed off.

"Vincent is completely incapable of moving past the histories of people, or beings. Obviously." She said.

"I have a divorce to go speak about now. I shall speak with you later, Hal. I am sorry this went so horribly as well." She added before sighing lightly and vanishing in a flash of fire. She appeared back home, in the den, and looked around, wondering where Vincent was. She had a few choice words to say to him, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 05:01:18 )
"....divorce?" Hal muttered after Rowena left.

"....oh my..." he said quietly, shaking his head and leaning forward on his elbows.

"This is a fine mess." he mumbled further.

Meanwhile, as Rowena was looking for Vincent, she discovered where he was by hearing him. She heard him climb out of the pool in the backyard, and then heard his steps approaching the manor.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 05:04:14 )
By the time he reached the door, Rowena was already there.

"So, I'm going to go and talk to Kalin to get divorce papers." She stated simply, straight to the point.

"Because obviously you cannot look past histories." She then added.

"Therefore, obviously, this marriage is a farce."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 05:13:13 )
Vincent froze where he was, seeming to be stunned.

"D... divorce?" he asked.

"What!?" he exclaimed.

"What do you mean!?" he asked Rowena.

"Rowena, what are you talking about?" he asked her.

"How is this marriage a farce!?"

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 05:18:47 )
Rowena just shrugged.

"Well, you have issues with histories." She said.

"How can you NOT have issues with the person with the history of death?" She asked.

"Because mine is littered with it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 05:36:50 )
"What? No, no, no." Vincent replied.

"Your nature isn't about death and murder." he told her.

"That's just the madness of the Fyrane curse." he said.

"You're not like that any longer." he went on.

"And Racquel isn't like that at all."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 05:39:42 )
Rowena just shrugged.

"But you are obviously holding that over my head, even if you don't want to admit it." She stated.

"What? Why do you think that?" He asked, his voice bewildered.

"Or perhaps you're merely judging Syraene for being an Order member, because they're usually asses overall. Or Demi for being a Lycan, because aside from her, you've never had a pleasant experience with them. Or maybe even Anna for being a draydin, because... psychotic forest sprite." She continued, not giving him a chance to say anything.

"Regardless, end result? You're obviously judging people by their past, or the past that they cannot control of those like them - like you're judging Rocky because of MY history." She paused a moment.

"It's plain as day to see, Vincent. So you don't need to continue with this farce. I'll go get the divorce papers and you can be rid of us."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 06:07:55 )
By the time Rowena had finished what she was saying, Vincent was feeling a tad overwhelmed. He was filled with confusion, irritation, and anger.

And it all came out when he shot her a glare.

"Just... shut up!" he yelled, as he thrust a hand at her... which resulted in a blast of powerful mana shooting past her, missing her by mere millimetres.

Which was when Vincent froze once more... this time looking absolutely horrified.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 06:23:35 )
Rowena just sighed.

"And... you've proven my point. You don't love me. Then again, how could you? My past is filled with anything but love. I can't be capable of it." She snapped.

"Just like you believe it is for Hal." was the last thing she said before just vanishing from where she was. It was quite apparent that the entire night had left a mark. She knew that Vincent wasn't normally like that, but for all she knew... well, for all she knew that since he couldn't let go of the history of the Djinn.... well, how could he let go of her history?

She appeared outside of her sons home and just knocked on the door, hoping someone was home.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 06:35:11 )
Sure enough, someone was home. It was Lindsay.

"Mom?" he asked.

"...you look like you need to seriously talk." he mumbled, before stepping out of the way so she could step inside.

-A couple of days later-

"...I still think you should talk to Vincent before going to Kalin." Ash told his mother as they ate lunch.

"At least... if you're going to go through with the divorce... let him know calmly, so he knows the terms." he reasoned.

"I agree." Lindsay said.

"Leaving things as you did, regardless of how justified it might have been, is a recipe for a storm." he sighed.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 06:38:08 )
Rowena just sighed as she shook her head.

"I know." She stated.

"But honestly? I don't know if I can face him without him actually stepping up and not being an asshole. That was completely uncalled for." She then said.

"I ... honestly thought Vincent was better than that."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 06:46:23 )
"I guess nobody's perfect." Ash replied.

"Do you want one of us to go with you?" Lindsay asked.

"Just for some support, or anything like that?" he asked further.

"We can both go." Ash said.

"The three of us can confront him about this."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 06:48:49 )
"No." Rowena stated simply.

"If I can't face him myself, then I don't deserve anything to do with him - whether it be a divorce or not." She stated before getting to her feet.

"And I'm going to go see if he's home, or if he ran away. Who the hell knows?" She then asked with a sigh.

"Back later." was the last thing she said before vanishing in a burst of flames.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 06:51:48 )
The boys were silent as their mother disappeared.

"...this could end very badly." Lindsay said.

"Ya think??" Ash asked in response.

"Ugh, this is stress that nobody needs right now." he murmured, shaking his head a little.

Meanwhile, when Rowena appeared back in the manor, she found it empty.

No signs of life at all.

Rocky not being there was expected, as she was probably still away, gathering materials, but she didn't sense any part of Vincent there, except for trace remnants of his mana, and what was embued into the manor for security reasons.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.