Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing When Life Just Goes Right

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 06:53:41 )
Quiet! Lady Luna is speaking!- - - -
Rowena was silent before sending a text to Ash.

He's not even here. was all it said. After a moment, she texted Vincent.

I need to talk to you. So do come home whenever you decide you don't want to hide. was all it said.

- - - -All right, she is finished. You may speak again.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 07:23:10 )
As soon as she sent the text to Vincent, she heard a chime. A familiar chime, that she recognized as Vincent's text notification sound. And it was coming from the den.

When she made her way to the den, she saw Vincent's phone on the couch, it looking like it was haphazardly tossed there.

And when she checked it, she saw that it was at about 10% power, meaning it hadn't been plugged in or charged in... at least a few days or so.

Which was when she received a text back from Ash.

So what do we do? Scry for him? Send out some hunters to locate him? the message asked her.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 07:25:28 )
"Jesus fucking Christ." Rowena growled before resisting the urge to throw his phone clear across the room. Instead, she just tossed it on the table that was there before sitting down.

After reading her sons text, she just called him.

"I don't care what is done. Something is going to be. He's not here, and he left his fucking phone too, meaning I have no way to track him down."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 07:37:04 )
"......right." Ash replied.

"I'll see if I can't get some Candentus Lux resources on it." he told her.

"...and Lindsay says he'll try and scry for him." he then said.

"We'll do all we can, Mom." he assured her.

"Should we tell Aunt Rocky about this?" he then asked.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 08:35:07 )
"Not sure how you'll tell her."[ Rowena commented.

"You know she's pretty much compeltely unreachable when in Europe like this." She added after a few seconds.

"Which is rather irritating at times like this, but at the same time... there's no need to get her involved in this drama."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 13:27:44 )
"....good points." Ash admitted.

"Regardless, Lindsay's gone to scry, and I'll head to my guild." he reiterated.

"...what about Hollie?" he then asked.

"Should one of us tell her about this? Or should we assume she already knows? Or not bother?" he asked further.

"Because, I admit, I have no idea how to handle this kind of situation, informing-wise." he then sighed.

"I never thought it would come up."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 22:22:53 )
"Tell Hollie if you want, but I suspect she's not too impressed with her brother either." Rowena commented.

"I don't know what she'd do either." She then said "Aside from possibly wishing for Sharp to help, which would just make things worse in Vincent's head, I'm sure." She added.

"Whenever Rocky gets home, if before Vincent's return, I'll definitely get her help with scrying as well."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 23:08:41 )
"....hm. Fair point." Ash responded, before sighing.

"Just... all right." he said.

"I'll keep you updated." he told her.

They then ended their conversation, as Lindsay returned.

"Odds are he's gone to do some serious soul-searching and head-clearing." Lindsay commented.

"Whatever." Ash growled.

"I'm going to get some hunter power after him." he said, before disappearing.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 23:25:17 )
Hollie just sighed as she made her way down to the kitchen. SHe needed to have a quick breakfast, before heading off to the council. Today would be a rather hellish day, as she knew that part of the problem that she was addressing today, was those that wanted to see her, and her family line, out of the position that they had.

She knew her brother would be brought up.

And she knew that there would be a comparison to her and how he was how she should be.

As she stepped in, she found a piece of paper, along with an envelope, stuck to the fridge. The page was a note from Hal, saying that he'd had to bail due to something going on at the Unit. It was understandable and not something completely unusual. It also mentioned that the envelope was found just inside the door when he left, so he thought he'd leave it somewhere for her to find easy.

When she grabbed it, she found it was rather thick, and with a familiar scrawl on the front.

". . . of course." She muttered, seriously considering ignoring it for a moment before sighing and just opening it to find the letter within.

Dearest Hollie,

I have lived for a very long time. I have accumulated vast amounts of knowledge, and people have come to me for a source of wisdom and insight. I suppose on, some subconscious level, I let that get to my head, and seemed to think I knew what was best for others.

Whereas I have now learned that nothing could be further from the truth. I am still nothing more than a fool, I have just gone from a young and foolish, to an old fool.

I have judged another based solely on what they are, and my experiences with others like them in the past, without considering that this other is an individual. And that is something that is unforgiveable.

What else is unforgiveable, is that I have treated my own sister with all the respect a little child would get. And I know that is not true. You are a grown woman, with as much experience as I, and if you deem someone worthy of your affections, then that should be more than enough for me to support you and give you my blessing.

I do not deserve forgiveness, nor do I expect it.

If you and/or Rowena wish to confront me, I am in Australia. Otherwise, I shall return home within 48 hours of this letter being delivered.

-Vincent

She was silent as she read it before just sighing and sending a text to Ash. She wasn't going to send one to Rowena, because she was sure the woman was still rather unimpressed (hell, she was still unimpressed, but this did help).

Vincent's in Austrailia. was all she sent to the hunter. She knew that he was getting others to hunt her brother out, so maybe someone could go talk to him. Prepare him for what he was likely to return home to.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 23:46:35 )
Got it. Ash replied.

I will concentrate all hunter power to Australia, and force him back. she then received.

Do you know whereabouts? he then asked.

That's when Hollie noticed numbers on the bottom of the letter... obviously coordinates.

She relayed them to Ash, who said they would have him back within the hour, whether he liked it or not.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 02:16:15 )
There ya go. She sent before sighing.

I don't care if you go for him. He said he'll return in 2 days time She told him.

Just pass the message on, will you? maybe someone will want to go talk to him instead of forcing his ass home.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 04:03:01 )
What happens, happens. was all she got in response.

It was clear that Ash was not happy.

He hadn't been directly involved in what happened, but it had hurt Rowena.

And that had made him particularly mad, himself.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 04:06:10 )
Hollie just sighed slightly, but didn't reply. She knew that she didn't have to.

--

She looked around, wondering where it was that her target was. She wasn't a hunter, not by any stretch of any imagination, but she had been told where the target was.

So she was tehre to speak with him.

Assuming he'd listen, that is. Of course.

Once she had an idea whee she was going, so made her there.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 04:11:17 )
Her target was the sort that, if he didn't want to be found, he wouldn't be found.

So it was immediately clear where he was.

She saw a man sitting in front of a fire, with a dingo laying down, head in his lap, as he roasted some meat on the flames in front of him.

"Hello." he said to her as she approached from behind.

"Came to get me, did you?" he asked.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 04:14:35 )
She sighed as she came and sat down next to him.

"No. I didn't." She told him, her voice light as it usually was.

"I just came to talk." She then said.

"that's all." She paused a moment as the wind whipped her pink hair around.

"There are some that have some things to say to you, but others that are worried. Why did you run off?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 04:32:33 )
"Because I was a danger to people." the man replied.

"My mind was unstable, and I was afraid of what I might do." he said further.

"I did not want to say anything else that was in the heat of the moment, and cause further damage." he went on.

"My own sister probably hates me right now, my wife wishes divorce..." he listed.

"When my world comes crashing down around me, I need to remove myself from it."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 04:34:29 )
"Hollie doesn't hate you." She told him.

"She really doesn't. She just wishes you would smarten up, as she put it." She paused a moment.

"As for Rowena... I don't think she seriously wants a divorce. I think it was more a case of how she doesn't seem to know you anymore, what with the recent display. You just... gotta prove that you are who she believes you are, that you are who she loves."

"You know she loves you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 04:43:24 )
"Regardless." Vincent replied.

"I needed to go away. I needed to sort through everything, before I potentially said something that I would have regretted even more, and made things even worse." he went on.

"I invited Hollie and Rowena out here to see if they wanted to speak with me in private, but... perhaps they do not." he then said further.

"As evidenced by yourself being here."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 04:45:32 )
"well, it's more a case of Hollie is too damned busy, as isn't surprising," She started "Apparently there's been a bit of an uprising at the council once word got out about this entire thing... they're trying harder to boot her out of the throne, so to speak."

"Rowena, I don't think knows what to say to you if she did come hunt you out." She then added.

"If only... just because of the fact that she's not happy about all this... and until you go speak with her, she's still thinking that YOU are the one that wants the divorce, that YOU are the one that was lying all this time. Honestly, you need to approach her, not the other way around."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 04:51:23 )
"You're right." Vincent replied.

"I should speak with Rowena, and then with Hollie." he agreed.

---

Hollie was sitting at the head of a conference table, with many other people there, each of them ranting at her.

"How could you stoop to this level!?" one of them asked.

"You're not fit to be the head!" another declared.

"If you do not step down, we will pull all our power together and force you down!" yet another threatened.

Just them, as still another started to ream into her, the door was violently blasted open (and off its hinges), by Vincent, who stepped inside the room.

"SILENCE!" he bellowed.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.