Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing When Life Just Goes Right

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/31 02:03:20 )

"What... do you mean?" She asked, her blue eyes questioning.

"I mean what I said. I am a djinn" Was his answer. His voice was calm and level.

"That ... is quite a big pill to swallow, to be honest." She commented as she took him in from head to toe.

"I'm sure you wouldn't be offended if I asked for some proof of some sort." She added. He regarded her with a bit of an unreadable look before shrugging.

"Of course not." Was all his replied with. It made her life easier, after all.

"You have but to make a wish." She fell silent for a moment. It wasn't long, maybe three seconds, before she spoke next.

"All right.... What are the limits to your wish-granting?" She asked. "I mean your abilities specifically." He just smirked. That was a fair question after all.

"There are none. I may be freed, but I have no lost any of my power." He assured her. "There are no limits as a result." She regarded him silently for a moment before sighing slightly.

"I wish for my brother, Vincent Remmington, to finally find some peace of mind." She said with a light sigh.

"I hate how he's worrying so much about Desiree has found herself in quite a predicament lately."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/31 02:37:11 )
The man was silent for a moment, before he smirked.

"Such a pure and altruistic wish." he commented.

"Very well, then." he said.

With that, he lifted his hands and snapped his fingers, a small puff of dark smoke rising from the point of contact between his fingers.

After that, there was a moment or two of silence, before her cell phone chimed, indicating she had a text.

"You should probably read that." he told her.

When she looked at the text, she saw it was from the woman her brother was currently dating.

It's a miracle, Hollie! Vincent received a text from Desiree, and I don't know what it said, but he's suddenly on cloud 9, and it looks like the weight of the world has been lifted off his shoulders! it read.

I just thought you should know. the second text that was just sent read.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/31 02:40:44 )

Hollie was silent as she read the text, a soft smile on her face.

That... is amazing. She started typing.

I don't know what happened, but whatever it is, make sure to keep it happening. Because something good happened she sent before sighing and putting her phone back in the drwaer and looking back to the man that had there.

"Well then." She started, her attention back on the dark skinned man she had in her office, "I daresay you managed to prove your point quite effectively."

"Hal Sharp, you have proved your point." She added with a light chuckle.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/31 03:02:35 )
Hal just smirked again.

"You're welcome, Hollie Remmington." he responded.

"And... hey, that wish allowed me to go for a two-for." he told her.

"All I had to do was help this Desiree, and your brother soon followed." he said further.

"Regardless, there you go." he concluded, folding his arms over his chest.

"Nobody do that voodoo I do like I do." he said further, chuckling a little, and nodding slightly.

"I think we'll get along nicely." he commented.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/31 03:04:26 )

Hollie paused a moment.

"I...." She paused a moment.

"What did you do to Desiree..?" She asked almost hesitanttly.

"And... you could do anything without knowing of whom I spoke?" She then followed up with, her voice curious.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/31 03:31:23 )
Hal just smirked again.

"What did I do?" he asked.

"Well, she had that virus that was attacking her mana. However, my own mana falls outside of mage mana. So I just... poofed the little buggers out of her system." he said.

"Which meant she started an immediate and obvious upturn in her recovery." he went on.

"And yes. When a wish is made, I am granted the full knowledge needed to fulfil that wish." he then confirmed.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/31 03:33:49 )

Hollie just let out a breath of relief.

"You... have no idea how relieved I am to hear that she's not plagued by that damned virus." She said. He could hear the relief. Seemed this was someone that cared about people a lot.

"Thank you, seriously." she added.

"Anyhow, It is good to know that you obtain the information required to fulfill a wish.

"How many wishes do you actually grant? Are you not actually tied to anything?"
She asked, her voice curious.

"And I apologise if I am overstepping any bounds with my inquiry."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/31 03:50:04 )
Hal just shrugged.

"I don't mind questions." he told her. "The thirst for information is something I have great respect for, so I would be a fool to deny something the chance to quench that thirst." he reasoned.

"And it's limitless." he then answered her.

"I can grant as many as I feel like granting." he said. "If I were still confined, then it would be the limit of whomever 'owned' me." he told her.

"However, as with most djinn... they tend to make it that nobody wants more than one." he then mumbled.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/31 03:52:43 )

Hollie just chuckled lightly.

"Well, that is certainly good to know." She said before pausing.

"You... do realise that I will have to alert the council, right? And there's a decent chance that 1 or 2 of the three will be on your ass about it." She added.

"I can't withhold this information, unfortunately."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/31 04:16:48 )
Sharp just sighed.

"I know." he said.

"Not many people like us djinns." he told her.

"Our... reputation precedes us." he mumbled. "To put it lightly." he added.

"Regardless, you do what you have to." he then told her.

"And whatever happens, happens."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/31 04:20:20 )

"I trust that you aren't an issue, if only because of the fact that I am quite certain that you would not have been chosen to take the lead of the Unit otherwise." Hollie commented.

"But I have little to no control over that." She added with a light sigh.

"Anyhow, thank you for coming and answering my questions, and allowing me to get the unit Properly registered... as it really should have been previously."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/31 04:44:44 )
"You are most welcome." Sharp responded.

"And hey, I sent in the paperwork when I was supposed to.' he told her.

"If I were to wager a guess, it got lost in the bureaucracy." he then said further.

"Regardless, I'm glad I was able to get things back on track." he finished.

"Thank you for being so courteous." he added.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/31 04:51:45 )

Hollie just laughed.

"I try to be courteous. The last thing I need is someone who really is as powerful as yourself to want me out of my position." She commented with a chuckle.

"I mean... come on. Seriously." She added before pausing.

"Are you happy with your position with the Triad?" She then asked suddenly. She knew it wasn't anything extreme, and that it was a lot of paperwork, but that didn't mean that it wasn't something he hated. She knew he was offered it, and had accepted it. So she was sure there were no issues with the position.

"Seriously. Are you? If you aren't, I can see if I can improve it, unless you wish to leave." She added.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/31 04:55:13 )
"Bah." Sharp replied.

"I'm fine with it." he told her.

"It's not as stressful as it could be, and I manage to juggle it and running the Unit." he said further.

"Besides... it's probably for the best that it's me." he went on.

"Someone else might be... well... more djinn-like, let's say." he muttered.

"Which really wouldn't help the stereotype we already have."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/31 05:00:32 )

Hollie was silent for a moment before sighing.

"I... wish I could argue with that." She told him.

"I really wish I could. I know what you speak is true, and I know that they try to have all that they can in the Triad, so that there is less 'favouritism' claimed as well. So I do appreciate the fact that you are willing to sit back and do the work.

"And I'm willing to bet it's a welcome break from the Unit, too."
She added with a laugh.

--

Hollie sighed as she looked at her brother, the man that she'd used a wish to help (and Desiree too, of coursE).

"Really?" She asked him.

"Are you seriouisly going to tell me that you have such a large issue with there being a Djinn anywhere in the Triad? And an even bigger issue that he's running the Unit?" She asked him, her features surprised, along with her voice.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/31 05:43:07 )
"Indeed." Sharp replied.

"I do what I can." he told her.

"Which... can be a lot." he chuckled.

--

Vincent just grumbled.

"Djinn cannot be trusted." he told her.

"They are cruel tricksters by nature, and I refuse to be made a fool of by one AGAIN." he said further.

"Mark my words, the day will come when his true colours show." he then said, looking at her.

"You'll see."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/31 05:44:43 )

Hollie just pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Then don't do any dealings with the Unit. Period." She stated.

"As it stands, I have absolutely NO reason to step in. Nor does the Triad." She added.

"So you can just suck that up." She finished with while pinching her brow between her eyes. She really couldn't believe that he was being so pigheaded with this...

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/31 05:50:22 )
"Very well." Vincent replied.

"I do not intend to have any dealings with the Unit." he told her.

"So let us leave it at THAT." he finished, finality in his tone.

-45 years later, present day-

Sharp and Hollie sat in one of the meeting rooms at the Unit, and had just finished going over some papers.

"And... there." he said.

"He will be released to your custody, for whatever judgement you feel is suited." he told her.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/31 05:55:05 )

Hollie nodded before making the files vanish, swallowed up into the air. They appeared back where they were meant to be, with the Triad.

"Of course." She said before sighing lightly.

"I still cannot believe that someone even found that artefact... nevermind been able to figure out how to use it." She then said.

"But, I have someone coming to pick him up now." She told him honestly. "And he will be taken care of." With that, she got to her feet.

"Thank you, Hal, for contacting me so quickly about this. Now, if there is nothing else, I shall not distract you from anything else you may need to do any longer."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/31 06:19:54 )
"......" Hal was silent for a moment, before clearing his throat.

"Oh, uh... yeah. About that." he said.

"I don't have anything urgent to do right now." he told her.

"What about you?" he asked.

"If not, might I extend an invitation for a late lunch?" he then offered.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.