Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing When Life Just Goes Right

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 04:56:38 )
Quiet! Lady Luna is speaking!- - - -
Hollie glanced to her brother before sighing and getting to her feet.

"I do not care what any of you say." She started, her voice cold, professional, as her brother last saw her, "I am the one that has this position, and I am the one that should boot all of you old asses out of yours. You need to catch up with teh times, and quit living in the past. The world is different, and honestly, I am getting sick of needing to reiterate this. Again. and again. and again." Her voice was losing patience, and those that knew her well, knew quite well that it would be quite a bit of trouble to follow.

- - - -All right, she is finished. You may speak again.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 05:33:04 )
"You need to know your place." one of the people replied.

"If enough of us put together our own power, we can veto your power, and throw you off of your throne." they continued.

"All we need is someone that can see things for how they really are, and keep the correct attitude about other... creatures... in this world." they went on.

"And Vincent is just the-" they started to say, before a small pressurized orb of air slammed into the side of their head.

"Not ONE. MORE. WORD." Vincent said, venom in his tone.

"I do not want the position, I despise your company, and the very fact that you feel my views are correct is the biggest insult that anyone could EVER throw at me." he hissed further.

"So you can take your 'compliments', and shove them so far down your throat you will be literally speaking out of your posterior, as opposed to metaphorically." he continued.

"Hollie will remain as Head of the Council, and if you don't like it, then you'll contend with the BOTH of us."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 05:38:34 )
Hollie was silent as she heard everything that was said. She wasn't sure what it was that she could reply with, but quickly found that she hadn't a need.

Vincent had replied for her.

Instead, she looked to one of the higher-ups that was on her side and sighed lightly.

"Right, I will be having my brother, and the Triad help me with this, as I am very well aware of how a few certain people within this room have had... quite vocal and loud issues with them.... to remove them from their positions. You, I know you have the suggestions for replacements elsewhere, as I have asked you to keep them safe so they cannot get at them." She paused a moment before smiling softly.

"Bring them to my office in two days. That should give me enough time to have these ... gentlemen vacate the premises."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 05:45:42 )
The one that she was speaking to nodded in response.

"Of course." they replied.

"What!?" one of the opposing mages exclaimed.

"You heard her. And me." the other mage replied.

"I'm just as sick of this as she is, and this will finally be what kicks you and your antiquated views OFF this Council." they declared, as Vincent clapped his hands.

"Bravo." he said.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 07:03:06 )
"Meaning I can find people who are more... shall we say... modern." Hollie then said.

"Now you all have ..." She trailed off, "Well, I was initially thinking two hours, but I will give you a bit more time. You have 24 hours." She stated.

"If I catch wind of any of you on the premises after this time tomorrow, you will be brought up on trespassing, and then some. I will not dole out any punishments for being your insufferable asses, but I'm sure I could find something if I need to. And it would be completely valid." As she saw one was about to argue, she met his gaze.

"Like the sexual harrassment charges that I should not be ignoring. ... you harrassing Lydia." She statd, her voice bland.

"Yes, I know about it. I learned of it yesterday. I can use this as a reason to not ignore it." She then said.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 07:07:59 )
"Let me help you get started." Vincent told them.

With that, the members of the opposition found themselves lifted up by wind mana, and then tossed out of the room... and then down the hallway.

"Right." he then said.

"I... should go." he commented.

"I just came here to help you kick THEM out." he finished, pointing down the hall.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 07:09:22 )
Hollie was silent for a moment.

"Don't leave, Vincent." She stated.

"Meet me in my office." She added. After he was gone, she finished with those that remained before sighing and making her way up to the room in question. Shge had no idea if her brother would be there or not, but did find herself hoping he would be.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 07:18:07 )
When she stepped inside, she saw that Vincent was, indeed, there.

He was leaning against a wall, arms crossed over his chest.

"Yes?" he asked.

"You told me to meet you here, so I did." he said.

"What is it you want?" he asked further.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 07:24:06 )
Hollie didn't say anything before stepping up to her desk and setting her staff into the little ring on the end to hold it up. She then turned to her brother, closed the distance, and just wrapped her arms around him.

"I know you can take care of yourself, but no matter how pissed I am at you... you're still my brother and I worry about you." She said quietly. It wasn't hard to tell that she was relieved to see him again, at the very least.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 07:35:54 )
Vincent was stunned silent as Hollie said and did what she did. After a moment, he returned the embrace, and held her close.

".....mm." he mumbled.

"I'm still just as much of a fool as when I was young." he said.

"Please... forgive your brother his stupid prejudices." he begged her.

"For, with hard word and a little openness... they will be gone from me."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 07:40:41 )
Hollie remained there for about two minutes before stepping back and sighing.

"I..." she started before pausing a moment.

"Well... you're a stubborn old fool, I know that." She told him.

"But I also know you DO learn. Unlike those that I booted out of here."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 18:46:38 )
"I try." Vincent replied.

"Oftentimes it has to be the hard way, though." he then sighed.

"Seems I still have a lot to learn." he added, shaking his head a little.

"Regardless, it seems things here at the Council are sorted now." he went on.

"One less headache for you."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 20:20:36 )
"For now, at least." Hollie commented with a light sigh.

"Sionce, you know there will be something else that sparks up later." She then said.

"Or those that you helped remove will be having cohorts that I don't know about pick up their slack." she added.

"But that's in the future, not now, so I don't think I have to worry about it so much for the moment."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 20:32:58 )
"Just take things as they come, I suppose." Vincent responded.

"...." he was then silent, before sighing.

"I should go." he commented.

"I already spoke with Rowena, and now I have one more stop to make."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 20:40:03 )
Hollie was quiet for a moment.

"One more stop?" She asked, her voice curious.

"What.. .do you mean about that?" She asked.

"Or rather, where."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 20:57:23 )
Vincent just sighed.

"I insulted your intelligence and maturity. Therefore, I needed to try and set things right with you." he said.

"I rattled Rowena's faith in me, so I needed to restore it, and try and regain some stability to our marriage." he went on.

"But there's one other that I have slighted, and in a very big way." he continued.

"They need to know that I am in the process of trying to make amends." he told her further.

"So I need to go to San Diego."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 21:13:19 )
Hollie was silent for a moment before sighing.

"I... don't know how that will go." She admitted.

". . . I do know that Hal is even less impressed with you than I or Rowena, but it's more because of how I took it." She added before pausing.

"Good luck, Vincent. You may need it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 21:46:14 )
"Yeah." Vincent replied.

"I know." he said.

He then sighed, shook his head, and left the building, disappearing in a gust of wind, and appearing in a designated special area near the unit.

He then started to make his way to the front door, when he noticed someone else approaching the building. Someone he was quite familiar with.

"Hello." he greeted the female, when they were close enough.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/10 04:38:09 )
She looked over to Vincent and just chuckled.

"howdy stranger." She said with a wave.

"What brings you around these parts? Hollie isn't here if you're looking for her."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/10 04:42:10 )
"No, I'm not looking for Hollie." Vincent responded.

"I'm... actually looking for Sharp." he told her.

"He and I... well... we have unfinished business." he said further.

"I'm here to hopefully put an end to it." he went on.

"But I know that... I wouldn't receive a warm reception here." he added quietly.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.