Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing When Life Just Goes Right

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/3 21:54:10 )

". . . of course it is." She stated.

"This is the fourth..." she half groaned before fighting to get to her feet, quite unsteady still.

". . . he's going to demand an answer, probably." She added with a sigh.

". . . help me down the stairs?" She asked after a moment as the bell chimed again.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/3 22:26:40 )
Hal just nodded.

"All right." he replied.

"Come on, then." he told her.

With that, the two of them started to make their way down the stairs, but when they reached the bottom, they heard the door open.

"Hollie?" Vincent called out.

"We have to talk." he said, closing the door and making his way further in.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/3 22:35:16 )

Hollie wasn't able to fully process that her brother was in her house, and that Hal was curently still with her.

Now did she fully process the fact that Vincent had issues with Hal, and there was a very real chance that he wouldn't take this well.

"Oh.... shit...." was all she managed to get out quietly as her brothers gaze rested on her... and Hal

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/3 22:52:40 )
Hal was silent, as was Vincent, as the two of them locked gazes.

And that's when Vincent's mana flared up... violently.

"GET AWAY FROM MY SISTER!" he ordered.

Then, before anyone could say anything else, he threw a couple of orbs of wind mana right at Hal.

Hal released his hold on Hollie, and managed to dodge the attack, before looking at Hollie to make sure she hadn't fallen. She hadn't, but her balance was most certainly off a bit.

"Hollie, run!" Vincent said to his sister, as he started to form floating icicle spears in front of himself.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/3 23:05:53 )

Hollie hadn't fallen, but she did have to grab hold of the railing as Hala dodged her brothers attack.

At first, due to due the hangover that was brewing, and the fact that there was still enough alcohol in her system to classify her as still a bit on the drunk side, she was a bit slow to register what was going on. It wasn't until she felt one of the orbs barely miss her.

"Hey!" She exclaimed, before she fully realised what was going on.

Her brother was attacking her lover.

Almost instantly, there was a massive pulse of mana from her. It was enough to render both men to their knees, not that it was entirely surprising. Hal knew exactly how much mana she had, and her brother did have a rather good idea.

"Both of you, Stand. Down!" she exclaimed, barely able to hold herself up still. Her mana was oppressive, as was she, despite seeming like she could just keel over because of the night before, and how it was still lingering within her.

Even her mana felt off though. She didn't have the finesse she normally did. Without thinking about it she just flicked her hand in the direction of Hal, releasing him from the oppressive mana. It didn't even occur to her that with her, seemingly 'favouring' him like this, for all her brother knew, he'd done something not nice to her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 03:09:36 )
Vincent and Hal were caught off guard by Hollie's sudden verbal and mana outburst... to say the very least. However, Vincent seemed to be absolutely furious when he saw Hal being freed from it, and not himself.

"You!" he exclaimed at the djinn.

"Me?" Hal asked in a faux-innocent tone.

"Yes!" Vincent responded. "What have you done to my sister!?" he demanded.

Hal was silent as he heard that, before raising an eyebrow, and smirking.

"Ohhhh Vincent..." he responded. "Wouldn't YOU like to know." he said.

"What do you mean by that!?" Vincent asked insistently.

"Let's just say your sister is... quite the catch." Hal replied, a subtle smirk on his face.

"What do you mean by THAT!?" Vincent shouted further, clearing getting more and more agitated and angry.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 03:15:55 )

Hollie just sighed before smacking Hal upside the head.

"Watch your tongue." She snapped.

"I am NOT in the mood to deal with any of this bullshit." She added before looking to her brother, although it was almost a glare.

"You.... I will speak to you tomorrow." She stated. "When I am feeling better and less like I'm going to die because of this hell."

"So Vincent? I have two words for you." Her voice acquired a weight to it, a weight it only ever got when she was completely serious.

"Fuck. Off."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 03:35:59 )
Before Vincent could even say anything in response, he felt himself to be in great pain.

"AGH!" he yelled, clutching at his sides.

"What did you have her do!?" he asked Hal.

"I did nothing!" Hal insisted.

It seemed that Hollie had tried to teleport Vincent out of there... but there were two things that were messing it up.

The first was that Vincent was resistant to her mana, overall.

The second was that she didn't have the finest of control over her mana, in her current state.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 03:51:02 )

Hollie was silent, surprised, as she noticed that Vicnent was still there.

"I... can't..." She said quietly.

"You're too resistant to the idea of leaving. You're actively fighting against my mana." She then said to her brother, anger in her voice.

"So I'll force you out of here." She didn't take her gaze off of her brother as she spoke the next bit, that she was sure he would aboslutely hate.

"Hal," she started.

"I wish for Vincent to leave these grounds." She continued, "And for him to be unable to return for 24 hours."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 04:29:28 )
"HOLLIE!" Vincent yelled.

"........very well." Hal responded.

He then snapped his fingers, and Vincent was gone.

He appeared in his backyard... or, rather, several metres above the ground, in his backyard. He flailed a little in the air, before he collapsed to the ground...

...right next to a woman that lived there, and was sunning herself.

"Ow." Vincent growled, as he started to get up.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 04:34:37 )

"Thank you." Hollie said with a light sigh.

--

The woman who was there jumped when Vincent hit the ground. She looked over, and upon seeing who it was, just acquired a puzzled expression.

'I..." she started.

"I thought you were off to see if Hollie was ok."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 05:01:12 )
"Oh, hello Racquel." Vincent greeted her.

"Sorry about dropping in so suddenly." he said.

"And I WAS off to see if my sister was all right." he confirmed.

"In fact, I'm going back there NOW." he told her, before freezing, in silence.

"...I'm not." he realized. "I've... been barred." he said.

"That goddamn djinn." he hissed further.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 05:02:55 )

Rocky just acquired even more of a puzzled expression.

"What's this about a djinn?" She asked.

"Seriously... Vincent, what's going on?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 05:25:18 )
Vincent just sighed, but there was anger in it.

"Hollie's being tricked and manipulated by a djinn!" he told her.

He then proceeded to explain what he had seen, what he had heard, and what had happened.

"I KNEW it was odd that she'd been taking a day off a month, voluntarily." he said further. "She NEVER takes days off unless forced to." he reasoned.

"This has to be the work of that blasted djinn!" he declared.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 05:27:41 )

Rocky was silent throughout his entirely explanation. All the while, she couldn't shake a question.

A djinn? The hell? I thought they were nigh on extinct. She though.

After he'd finished his explanation, she sighed as she got to her feet.

"All right, I'm heading inside. I'll see you later Vincent." She said before pickling up her stuff and heading inside.

--

Ten minutes later, she appeared outside of Hollie's house, a messenger bag slung across her torso, and knocked on the door.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 05:41:43 )
Vincent was silent as he watched her go inside.

"..........hm." he muttered, narrowing his eyes.

--

By the time Hal and Hollie had heard the knock on the door, they were back upstairs, in her room, in the bed.

Hal was the one that got up, and made his way to the window in the room, looking down towards the door.

"...it's a woman." he told Hollie.

"She... looks to have a messenger bag, appears to have... stars... or something... on her face, and is wearing a dark hat." he said further.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 05:42:54 )

Hollie just sighed.

"Go let her in, will you?" She asked.

"I don't think I could make my way down there again." She added seriously, her tone sounding about as horrible as she looked.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 05:52:29 )
Hal looked over towards Hollie, and nodded.

"All right." he replied.

"Back in a second." he told her.

With that, he made his way downstairs, and over to the door, he opened it up, and looked at the woman.

"Hello." he greeted her.

"I assume you are here to see Hollie?" he asked.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 05:57:41 )

She just shook her head.

"No. There's no need to see her. From what Vincent had said..." she trailed off before meeting Hal's gaze, "I'm about 90% sure that she's either still drunk, or hungover." She paused here for a moment.

"So I just thought I'd stop by and bring some tea." She added.

"It's a blend I from my poersonal stores that will help with... mmm, the body processessing alcohol. It'll either help with getting rid of a hangover, or help with preventing one, depending on when it's had." She reached into her bag at this point.

"Here." She said, pulling the box out and holding it out to him.

"I trust you can take care of her. Pretty sure Hollie wouldn't send her twin away were she actually in danger."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 06:15:26 )
Hal was silent as he heard all that, and accepted the box of tea.

"I see." he replied.

"....hmmm." he mumbled.

"Ah! You must be Rocky!" he then said, snapping his fingers.

"Hollie's had nothing but the best of praise for yourself and your teas." he told her. "And, having tried some, myself, her compliments are well-earned." he said further.

"Thank you for this." he went on.

"And thank you for being more... level-headed..." he then added.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.