Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing When Life Just Goes Right

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/1 21:52:07 )

"So I've noticed." Hollie said before pausing.

"To be completely fair though, it doesn't matter where you are... one could always argue that the location is gorgeous." She added.

'There are spots in every city that can be breathtaking in a good way." She added.

"Besides, having Earth mana really does help with that too."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/1 22:08:27 )
"Oh, I'll bet." Sharp responded.

"If you can't find those beautiful natural spots, you create them." he chuckled.

The rest of the drive was in relative silence, with idle chit-chat here and there, and finally, Sharp pulled into a small parking lot, in front of a place that seemed to be one of those 'hidden gem' locations.

"We're here." he announced.

"The food's sure to please."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/1 22:10:20 )

Hollie climbed out of the car as Sharp did and just chuckled.

"This place looks like quite a little treasure." She commented as she looked around.

"Which is definitely appreciated." She added with a light chuckle.

"Anyhow, lead the way."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/1 22:29:07 )
Sharp nodded.

"Of course." he said.

With that, the two of them made their way inside, and immediately Hollie started to fall in love with the smells and aromas that wafted through the establishment.

And the decor made it clear that there was a lot of love and passion in this business.

"We seat ourselves." Sharp told her, as they made their way to a table and sat down, where there were already drink menus at said table.

"We decide on drinks, and when the server shows up, we get food menus, and order the drinks."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/1 22:31:10 )

Hollie nodded.

"Simpler way to do it." She said with a light chuckle.

"But only works in places like this, that don't have insane buisiness." She added as she started to look over the menu that was there.

---

Some time later, they had their food and were just talking. It had been just a nice lunch and something that Hollie had desperately needed, as well. It wasn't something too unusual, though.

She often needed a break.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/1 22:48:48 )
Sharp could tell that Hollie had loosened up considerably, and was having a good time.

So he gathered all his courage, took a deep breath, exhaled it quietly, and looked at her.

"So." he said.

"How is your personal life going?" he asked.

"I'll bet that, with how busy you are, you haven't had much time to find that certain someone." he commented.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/1 22:51:28 )

When Sharp asked his question, Hollie fell silent. She hadn't expected that to come up, and while she didn't have an issue telling people the basics, she really found herself hoping he wouldn't try and pry more information out of her.

At the same time, she wasn't entirely opposed to him having the information in the first place.

"I..." She started before sighing.

"I did, once." She stated.

"He was torn from me by a ccruel twist of fate, quite awhile ago, and I just never found another." She added honestly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/1 22:57:23 )
"......" Sharp was silent as he heard that.

"I.... believe it or not, I know how you feel." he told her.

"I had a love once... but she was taken from me as well." he admitted.

"So very long ago. I never thought I would love again, if I'm being perfectly honest." he then told her, before pausing for a moment, and sighing.

"....until recently, that is."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/1 22:59:06 )

Hollie didn't say anything as he spoke, before looking to him, almost quizzically, at the end.

"Really?" She asked.

"You found someone? I find that rather surprising, to be perfectly honest." She added. Before he could ask why, she continued.

'One would have thought you'd have found someone before now."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/1 23:16:51 )
"Well... it's hard to explain." Sharp responded.

"I... for the most part, thought it would never happen, as those like me tend to just see others at their worst. Their greediest, their most selfish, their most vindictive... that sort of thing." he told her.

"But then I met someone." he went on.

"And told them what I was, and gave them a wish." he told her further.

"And her wish was so selfless, so pure and innocent... I knew she was different. And I've been thinking about her ever since she made that wish years and years ago."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/1 23:18:59 )

"Does she know?" Hollie then asked.

"Because, honestly? You should tell her. If it's been years, as you said." She added after a moment, her voice sincere.

"For all you know, she ma return the feeling."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/2 02:51:19 )
Sharp was silent, biting his lip a little.

"Yeah, I should." he agreed.

"I've been wondering if she will or not, but I suppose risks are to be taken." he admitted.

"...I've been thinking about it for a long time now." he then told her. "Known her for a while, as I said.... But it's been about 5 or 6 months since I realized how I felt, and mulled it over in my mind." he said further.

"....her wish is still clear in my mind, too." he then went on, deciding to go for the 'kill' now, so to speak.

"She told me her brother was under a lot of stress because a mutual friend of theirs was in a predicament... suffering from a virus that was almost certainly fatal to mages. So... I poofed the disease out of her." he finished.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/2 03:07:13 )

Hollie was silent before just leaning forward on the table, her fingers linked with her hands up, under her chin.

"REally now." She said.

"So I suppose that would be why you invited me out to lunch, hmm?" She asked with a chuckle, knowing full well that leaning forward like that made the collar of her shirt shift that little bit to give whomever was in front of her a view of her cleavage.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/2 03:20:27 )
Hal was silent for a moment, as his eyes drifted to the inevitable sight of Hollie's cleavage.

"Ah... I... uh..." he stammered, losing his cool for a brief second.

"Well... yeah." he told her.

"I finally managed to build up the courage, and knew that we would be meeting for business today." he said.

"So I'd hoped I could convince you to take a social outing with me." he went on.

"Seems it... it paid off." he added, his eyes still drifting towards her cleavage every so often.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/2 03:23:11 )

Hollie just chuckled softly.

"Well, we could do a ... trial period, I suppose." She then said.

"Considering the fact that, well..." she sighed lightly before shaking her head and meeting his gaze.

"What you are, and who I am. We don't know for certain they would mix well." She then admitted. She didn't mean she'd have issues with him being a djinn, it was more a statement of how she wasn't sure how it would be.

Plus... she knew her brother would have... some choice words.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/2 03:47:25 )
"Well, it's better than I expected." Hal replied.

"But... Hollie, I would like that." he told her.

"Thank you." he said.

"For giving me this chance, that is." he went on.

"Just... yes, thank you." he repeated.

He was about to ask her if she reciprocated his feelings... but the fact that she was willing to do a 'trial period' indicated that, on some level, she did.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/2 03:50:17 )

"TRust me, I have no issues with this." Hollie said with a light laugh.

"I do hope it works out though. If only just because of the fact that I would be rather disappointed if this would go poorly." She added with a light sigh.

"So, considering where we now stand, and I am banned from the council for the moment... how about we head to Wales, since it's later there, and hit up a pub for a drink?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/2 04:00:08 )
Hal raised an eyebrow when she made her suggestion.

"Oh-ho." he said.

"Sounds like a plan I can get behind." he told her.

With that, he took some bills out of his wallet, and put them down on the table, as their server approached with the bill.

"That should more than cover it." he told the female.

"Keep the change."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/2 04:02:31 )

She was silent as he said what he did before looking to the bill price. She opened her mouth to argue, before Sharp just held a hand up to silence her.

"Keep the change." He repeated, his voice sure, but kind. She just closed her mouth before nodding.

"Thank you." She said after a moment, as Hollie chuckled lightly.

"Let's go then." the mage said before getting to her feet, stretching and heading off with him, leaving the server behind, stunned.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/2 04:15:02 )
"I was feeling generous." Sharp chuckled as they left the restaurant.

"So." he then said.

"We going to head straight to the bar?" he asked.

"Or should we take the car someplace first?" he asked further.

"Either works for me."
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.