Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing When Life Just Goes Right

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/2 20:49:47 )

Hollie nodded.

"Of course." She said with a light chuckle before hitting a button on the wall by the door, and holding a hand out to Hal.

"Shall we then? I can mana us out of here easily enough." She then said with a smirk.

"Better than tryin' to walk through the throng of people that will have collected by this point." She added as she motioned to the door out, and he became vaguely aware of the din on the other side of the door.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/2 23:04:44 )
Sharp looked at the door out, before looking back at Hollie.

"Ah, yes." he said.

"Right you are." he commented.

He then took her hand again, and nodded.

"All right." he said.

"I'm good to go." he told her.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/3 03:08:29 )

Hollie just chuckled lightly before nodding.

"Wonderful." She said before they felt the mana swirling around them, moments before they vanished in a flurry of leaves. The next thing he knew, was a den that he had never been. It looked... almost regal. Certainly had an old world feel to it. Well, old world mixed with the modern world.

"All right. Feel free to sit down, would you like anything?" She asked as she set her staff up on a ledge above a door they were near. When she did so, he could feel the mana mix with everything else, and fill the walls of the building, strenghtening them.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/3 03:32:00 )
Hal sat down, and looked around, as he felt the walls strengthen.

"Hmmm." he mumbled.

"Just some water." he said.

"And that staff is truly a wonder." he then commented.

"I can feel its protection."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/3 03:35:25 )

Hollie just laughed.

"It really is." She stated.

"I will be back in a moment." She then said before vanishing, deeper into the house.

She returned about two minutes later with some water for both of them. She handed him one.

"That, combined with the ring, are what regulate my mana, and boost it." She then said before pausing.

"Before you ask how much I have... let's just make it easy." She said before leaning forward slightly as she sat down.

"I wish you would know my mana levels, both natural, and boosted due to my position." She stated, very clearly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/3 03:46:56 )
Hal was silent for a moment, before snapping his fingers.

And then he was silent.

"....goodness." he mumbled.

"That... is a lot of mana. A lot of powerful mana." he commented.

"Does anyone else truly KNOW how much power you have?" he then asked her.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/3 03:58:20 )

Hollie shook her head.

"Not at all." She answered honestly.

"There's no way for me to accurately let anyone know, unless they were to have both the ring and staff." She added.

"I have a portion of the power from every previous council head." She then said with a light sigh.

"It's... hard to handle sometimes, and part of the reason why I'm happy I cannot have children." She added, not even considering how he didn't know that she couldn't conceive.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/3 04:22:08 )
Hal nodded along with what she said, before pausing.

"I'm sorry?" he asked.

"What was that?" he asked her.

"Cannot have children?" he asked further, before pausing a moment.

"So you are infertile?" he then inquired.

"It is because of time, or something else?"

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/3 04:29:21 )

Hollie sighed.

"Always have been." She answered honestly.

"I'm not sure why, but I've always been. As soon as I was able to, I had a test done, and found out for certain." She added.

"But... while it does bother me sometimes, I've never truly been bothered by it. I mean, I don't know like, but there are benefits. Fro instance, no overpowered children that I would end up neglecting because I have to put so much timeinto work at the Councils." She then said, some bitterness to her voice at the end. The only reason why she put so much time in, truly was because she knew that she'd be overthrown by those that wished to see her fall... and she knew that it would be horrible if that happened.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/3 04:42:43 )
"...." Hal was silent as he heard the bitterness in her tone.

"Hollie." he said.

"I can see where you're coming from. Really. I can." he told her.

"I feel the same way about children." he went on.

"But I have a question." he then said.

"Are you absolutely opposed to having children?" he asked. "As in, if you could conceive, would you?"

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/3 04:46:04 )

Hollie just sighed.

"Sometimes, I really wish I could. Sometimes, not so much." She added.

"Because I know that there's a good chacne that they would end up quite neglected, unfortunately. They would know who I was, but they'd be raised by someone else. I wouldn't be able to be part of it much, because of my responsibilities and the like. I can't just dump it all." She admitted.

"At any rate, how about we pick another topic?" She asked, before smirking.

"Although, me being incapable of conception... well, that does mean that there are certain... things we do not need to be wary of."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/3 05:01:00 )
Hal raised an eyebrow, and then returned the smirk.

"Well... yes." he replied.

"That IS true." he admitted.

"Miss Remmington, are you hinting at something?" he then asked her.

"Because... if you are... let me tell you something..." he went on, trailing off a bit, and looking directly into her eyes.

"...you're looking at a VERY interested party."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/3 05:05:46 )

Hollie just chuckled.

"Let me go grab some Rye, and we shall... retire to my bedroom." She said with a smirk before leading him to the stars. She made her way to the kitchen after splitting for a moment, before heading up the stairs, a bottle of rye in her hands that Sharp could tell was both old as hell, AND boosted with mana, before heading upstairs with him following.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/3 05:26:58 )
Hal raised an eyebrow as he eyed the alcohol.

"...my, my." he said.

"That seems to be some... premium vintage drink, to massively understate it." he commented.

"Normally, something like that is special occasion drink." he said further.

"...I'm flattered." he added with a wry chuckle.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/3 05:33:09 )

"I'd say this is a special occasion." Hollie replied with as they made their way upstairs.

---

The next morning, Hollie's alarm woke her up. She groaned as she smacked the button to turn it off, before carefully getting to her feet. She had to make her way down to call for a replacement today. With how she was feeling, she would not be able to in any way shape or form.

"Ugh... I'm still fucking drunk..." she muttered before looking to the clock, having not realised the time. The display read that it was 5.25am.

A mere hour after she'd finally managed to pass out next to Hal.

"That explains it." She muttered. They'd been drinking until well after 3am. She just staggered out into the hall and down the stairs, nearly kissing the floor at a few points as well. Once at her phone - which was more difficult to get to then she'd cared to admit - she sent a text.

Hey. Can you fill in for me today? It was a simple text, to the one person she knew wasn't completely swamped today.

She knew it was only 12.30am there, and it would mean he'd be going without sleep, but she was hopeful that he'd be able to help.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/3 05:45:29 )
Hal was passed out as well, with a confident and content expression on his face.

However, it seemed that the previous night had taken its toll, as he was still solidly asleep when she got up, and made her way to the phone to send her message.

Meanwhile, the recipient of the message had woken up from the sound of his phone chiming.

"Nngh... huh?" he mumbled, fumbling for the device, and reading it.

"...huh?" he asked again, before responding.

I suppose so, yeah. Is something wrong? he asked. He knew the Council building was still being repaired from the earlier incident, but there was a smaller backup building for just such an occasion, a few hours away from the main building.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/3 05:48:50 )

Hollie, in her drunken state, had completely forgotten about the repairs, and it showed.

I can't. She sent before pausing, knowing he'd ask questions.

Too damned drunk still. She added without thinking. Normally, she would have likely not have given him that informaiton so quickly, or easily, but this time? She did.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/3 06:03:29 )
The man was silent as he read those texts.

"................." he really didn't know what to say here, before he lightly cleared his throat.

I'm assuming this is information you do not want readily available. he then sent.

Do you want me to say you are... under the weather, or something along those lines? he sent further.

He sighed quietly, and looked at the ceiling.

'Wonder what happened over there...' he thought to himself.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/3 06:06:31 )

That'd be grand, Lindsay. Thanks. I'll repay you later, and you know I am good for that. Hollie sent back as she sank to the floor, unable to keep herself on her feet any longer. She felt like she was going to keel over, but that was very much a believeable thing. She was still quite messed up still.

"Thank you...." She said quietly as she laid her head back against the curpboards behind her.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/3 06:19:38 )
Lindsay looked at the phone again, before looking over at Casey, sound asleep.

'I'll leave a message for her. No need to wake her up just for this.' he told himself, before getting out of bed.

Meanwhile, Hollie had not been there for a few minutes, before she heard footsteps. They were headed towards her, and, sure enough, Hal showed up.

"Good morning." he said to her.

"Everything all right?" he asked.

"You don't look to be doing very well."
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.