Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Frosted Sprouts

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/27 07:11:44 )

"Probably whatever the hell is going on at the shrine." Callie commented. It was the most logical thing she could think of.

"Especially considering we've already established this forest isn't safe." She added after another second.

"But... if I wre to hazard a guess... we've got to move and move fast to fix this."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/27 07:21:57 )
"I can agree to that." Adam replied.

"But we'll need to get past these defenses." he told her.

"Just... these thorns... we won't be able to manoeuvre them properly, without getting hurt." he said.

"We'll need to find a way around." he continued.

"By the way, did you discover any paths or anything like that?" he asked her.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/27 07:23:33 )

Callie sighed.

"Sadly, no dice on my end." She said.

"Now about the thorns... they actually hazardous? O rjust gonna hurt?" She asked after a moment, her voice curious.

"Because... that'd be good to know." She added before pausing.

"I mean... if they're actually a hazard, I can easily do a path of ice above them for us? It'll be taxing, but I could do it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/27 07:35:28 )
Adam looked at the thorns, before getting closer towards them.

"Hmmmmmmmm..." he mumbled, staring even more closely.

He then gingerly touched his finger to one of them, and concentrated.

"....nnnnno." he said.

"They don't seem to be hazardous." he told her.

"Well, in the sense of toxins and what have you." he then clarified.

"They'll still hurt, as they'll scrape and scratch and all." he said further, before turning and facing her again.

"You think we ought to just barge on through?" he asked.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/27 08:29:58 )

"Well, that's probably the best way to do it." Callie then said with a light sigh.

"Of all days for me to not have my switchblade on me... seriously." She muttered.

"I mean... really. I didn't se any other options. Have you seen any others?" She asked, her voice curious.

"And if the tree attacked, I'm sure the throns and branches and everything on the way won't react nicely either."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/27 19:27:14 )
Adam just sighed.

"I... cannot argue that." he admitted.

"I can't think of any other options, seeing as they won't listen to me." he said.

"But... hm. A switchblade?" he asked.

"Callie, just how fine and controlled are you with your abilities?" he asked her. "Would it be possible to manipulate some sort of ice blade, hard enough to do the job?" he asked further.

"Otherwise, all I can think of is myself growing us up something to be used as 'armour'." he finished.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/27 19:54:15 )

Callie sighed as Adam asked his question.

"I doubt I could." She told him.

"I can control what I can to do quite effectively, but I've never been able to do that - and I've tried." she added.

"It sucks. I just an't strengthen the ice to the point of being durable enough for that."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/27 21:47:34 )
Adam nodded.

"Right." he replied.

"I'll get to work, then." he told her.

With that, he placed his hands on the soil, and concentrated.

"Don't be alarmed." was all he said to her.

Then, before she could respond, vines sprouted up from under her feet, and started to wrap around her legs, individually. Once her legs and part of her torso were covered, Adam did the same to his own legs and torso.

"Don't know how long these'll last." he admitted.

"But we should be able to get through a lot of these thorns before they give out."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/27 22:04:08 )

Callie nodded.

"With any luck, anyway." She added after a few seconds.

"At least you can provide some protection, and thank you for that."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/27 22:25:06 )
"Yeah, no worries." Adam replied.

"Come on, then. Let's get this show on the road." he told her.

With that, they started to wade through the tangles of sharp thorns, and the vines were, indeed, providing protection from the thorns that surrounded them.

However, she noticed that they were being scraped and eaten away by the thousands of thorns.

"Figured as much." Adam muttered.

"Let me know if you start feeling them against your legs." he told Callie.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 01:52:30 )

"Yeah. Will do." Callie said before falling silent. After they were a few metres into the dense thicket of thorns, she paused and looked around.

"The trees are really dense..." she muttered.

"Wonder if I could climb across them. It'd likely be safer than this." She added with a light laugh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 02:06:30 )
".....hm." Adam muttered.

"Maybe." he said.

"Depends on how willing they'd be to let us navigate through them." he commented.

"Or how deft we are at dodging its attacks." he then added.

"If you want to try, I'm game." he told her.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 02:09:36 )

Callie paused.

"Ok, fair point." She commented.

"I didn't even take into consideration the trees attacking." She admitted.

"I'm just not entirely sure we can make our way through here with no issues."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 02:42:52 )
"Odds are we won't be able to." Adam confirmed.

"These thorns are tough as nails." he told her.

"So we might need to take our chances in the canopy." he muttered further, looking upwards.

"I'll do what I can should it come to that." he went on.

"When do you want to try?" he asked.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 02:47:43 )

Callie was silent for a moment.

"I'll go try and scale a tree now." She said.

"back in a minute." she added before amking her way to one of the trees right by them. She looked around, up above, to try and get a read before staring to climb. As she reached the top, it all seemed all right... at least until Adam noticed the vines and thorns that they were wading through were moving. Before he could react, a vine shot up and wrapped around her ankle. Before anything could be said, done, or even though, she was pulled down.

Callie landed with a cry, hard, in the vines and thorns again. This time on her back. The vines closed in around her, covering her, and... nto nicely either.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 03:14:47 )
"CALLIE!" Adam exclaimed, as he raced over towards where she was.

Not caring about the damage it would deal to his hands, he grabbed the vines, and started to pull them off of her, ignoring the thorns that were cutting into him.

"Damn it, LET GO!" he yelled.

"CALLIE! Try to break free!" he called to Calysta.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 03:21:10 )

He could tell Callie was trying to get out of there, but the vines were not cooperating. The more she tried, the tighter they got.

Adam then noticed that they were coiling up him, as well.

They were both perceivd as a threat, it seemed. The question was how they could avoid this, but in all honesty... it almost seemed like it was unavoidable. There was something else that they needed to know.

Would this result in their death?

Considering how much blood was being drawn from them both because of the razor sharp thorns, it was easy to believe that it would.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 03:34:10 )
"Nngh... damn it." Adam growled, as he fought against the vines.

"Please!" he cried out.

"You have to believe us! We mean no harm!" he pleaded.

"We just want to HELP you!" he exclaimed, as he tried to keep the vines off of himself and Callie... but was failing miserably at doing both.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 03:41:18 )

The forest didn't reply, as it truly couldn't. In response though, the vines seemed to get tighter around him, and her.

At least... until the air started getting a lot colder. As some vines shattered from having been frozen solid, Adam could see them retreating. Leaving Callie alone for the moment.

Once Adam could actually see her, he saw that she wasn't in good shape. As she got to her feet, she was silent, bleeding from several locations, but thankfully they weren't poisonous.

"Come on. Let's get the hell out of this mess. The only way to do that, is to move forward, right?" She asked Adam after a few seconds.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 04:08:29 )
"......." Adam was silent for a moment, and nodded.

"Right." he said.

"Let's go." he agreed.

"Forward!" he yelled.

With that, the two of them started to move as quickly as they could.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"You don't look so good." he commented.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.