Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Frosted Sprouts

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/26 04:06:46 )

Callie was silent for a moment before snapping her fingers.

"Then the sap I saw was from a Eventide tree." She then said.

"Good to know. Means... somewhere around 5 miles, or so, from Kreeya." She then added as a mental thought.

"But... not welcoming?" she then asked.

"How...howso?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/26 04:42:41 )
Adam just sighed.

"Firstly, yeah." he said.

"Good deduction." he told her.

"Secondly, the forest has been... hostile..." he then said. "The animals have been more skittish and violent... the vegetation has been acting strangely and lashing out..." he went on.

"It's a real mess." he lamented.

"Something must be happening at the shrine."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/26 05:30:03 )

"That... really isn't good." Callie commented after a moment or two

"Anyway, I'm going to head out... I guess? I have no idea." She then said after a few seconds as she looked around at those in the area.

"Since... I'm not sure they'll let me leave....."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/26 05:56:44 )
"Oh, you don't have to stay here." Adam replied.

"I've made sure they all know that you mean no harm, and you are NOT to be sacrificed." he assured her.

"But... head out?" he then asked.

"Where?" he asked her.

"Where do you intend to go? Where CAN you go?"

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/26 06:08:40 )

"Honestly? I'll go check on that shrine." Callie answered honestly.

"Because... this place used to be so calm." She then said. "I used to come camping here with my Dad, and honestly? I'd much prefer it to remain that way."

"Especially since... if I were to hazard a guess... I'm not that far From the shrine, overall, as well." She then told him.

"The Eventide tree is only in specific areas on Tevash, and considering how you said we were in the middle of Hylexis, means that the chances are... if I were to guess, the shrine is... about a two day trek to the East." She then said, guessing.

"Assuming I remember my geography for here at all."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/26 06:22:09 )
"You're spot on." Adam replied.

"But you're not going to that Shrine alone." he then insisted.

"I was actually going to make my way there, myself." he told her. "I have a responsibility to it, being a Wood Elf." he explained.

"...among other reasons..." he then mumbled.

"Regardless, I'm coming with." he insisted.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/26 06:44:19 )

Callie was silent for a moment before shrugging.

"Sure." She said. She'd learned long ago that trying to tell an elf no for something that they wanted to do... was a pretty stupid thing to do.

"Then let me know when you're good to go. I'm good at any time."? She then said with a light shrug as she stuck her hands into her jeans pockets.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/26 06:57:40 )
"I'm good to go now." Adam responded.

"I was just checking up on the tribe to make sure things were all right here, in spite of what's happening to the forest." he explained to her.

"So yeah, we can leave right now." he said.

"...it's actually rather frightening that Vyran found you." he then sighed.

"But... I suppose you can't run from fate." he lamented.

"After all, my parents tried the same with me."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/26 09:56:49 )

Callie was silent for a moment, not entirely sure what to say there. His parents tried the same with him...?

"Wait..." She started.

"You mean your folks ran and took you to Earth?" She asked. "Or somewhere else? I... actually I think that Adaminia connects to other planes as well."

"Earth is just the most common, and easiest to access."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/26 17:29:14 )
Adam nodded.

"Earth." he told her.

"I used a special glamour magic to hide my ears." he said. "Because, other than that, I look just like a human." he explained with a small chuckle.

"But yeah, my parents had me sent to Earth to protect and hide me." he confirmed.

"And yeah, I can use and manipulate those time-space tunnels." he then added.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/26 20:23:26 )

Callie was silent as he said he could manipulate those tunnels. With what she knew about them, that meant a couple of things. One, that he could be royalty within his kind, or two, that he was a lot stronger with the magic than he appeared to be.

Both meant that she would have to be fcareful though, and she knew that.

"Well, that is definitely handy." She said. "And you managed to have a glamour work on you on Earth? I must admit, that is surprising. Earth has no magic, nothing for it to to feet off of in order to stay active."

"Unless I don't know as much about magic as I think I do"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/26 22:00:35 )
"Well.... hm." Adam replied.

"See... you are correct, in a sense." he told her.

"I... well... I am a special case." he said. "A glamour will work on me, but it needs to come from a specific kind of source, and... well... hm." he started to explain, before looking around.

"Right." he muttered.

"Obviously you are an enemy of Vyran." he commented.

"There's a very special reason that this tribe reveres me. And it's not because I'm a Wood Elf." he told her.

"If you like, I can share some very important information with you."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/27 00:44:54 )

"Of course I am. I kinda have a personal vendetta against him now." Cellie said with a chuckle.

"Beyond that, you don't have to share anything." She added. "If only just because it is quite easy to tell you don't want the word to get out."

"Anyway, I'm heading off." She then said.

"If you're following, feel free." With that, she started to head down the path out of the area

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/27 01:02:43 )
"Everyone seems to have a vendetta against Vyran." Adam responded.

"He's ruined so many lives... countless lives..." he said, as he followed her. "Death, destruction, loneliness, you name it, he's wrought it." he said.

"And yes, I have to be careful about bits of information." he told her.

"Vyran... well... he doesn't know it yet, but he's after me as well." he admitted.

"And I realize that doesn't make much sense." he added with a small sigh.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/27 01:23:07 )

"Yeah... do you realize how much you told me with that one statement?" Callie asked as they entered more of an unlived area.

"And if did it intentionall, don't worry. I getcha. If you didn't, well... you just gave me a lot of information, possibly more than you wanted." She added before falling silent. After a bit of walking, and once why they were in the dead of anywhere, and the silence, she sighed.

"Being an elf, I doubt you got fire..." She then muttered as she turned to face him.

"And I know you're not water." She added.

"So which did you geT?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/27 01:52:33 )
Adam just smirked.

"That's how one gives all the information, but none of it at the same time." he said.

"And you're correct. It's not fire. And it's not water." he told her.

"It's something very appropriate." he went on.

"Nature." he said, getting right to the point.

"What about you?" he asked.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/27 02:07:50 )

"That... seems far too fitting..." Callie commented with a light laugh.

".... how do you know I'm any, for certain?" She then asked.

"Call it a sixth sense. I don't know how I know, I just know." Adam answered simply. Callie sighed before bringing a hand up, causing... nothing to happen.

Until the sun peeked through the clouds and he was able to see the shine. When he reached out, curious, and touched her hand, he found it was cold as ice, and was frosty even.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/27 02:54:25 )
"Oh, wow!" Adam exclaimed, withdrawing his finger.

"That's strong." he said.

"Like, REALLY strong." he commented further.

"But... all right then, good to know." he then said, as they continued through the forest.

"...yep, things are hostile..." he mumbled, looking around.

"Something is definitely wrong, and I'll bet anything Vyran's behind it."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/27 02:56:28 )

"Would not surprise me in the least if Vyran was behind it." Callie commented as the chill, the frost, the ice, vanished.

"Even if not directly." She added.

"Anyway, lead the way. I'm sure you have a better way as to where we're going than I do. I know I could find it, but you would be able to get us there more directly, I"m sure." She added.

"So, I haven't been back to this world for nigh on a decade. Any warnings you feel I should have?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/27 03:24:37 )
"Plenty." Adam responded.

"This world's changed a lot, since Vyran started his active rise to power." he told her.

"Nature is being destroyed, volcanoes have become more active, the skies are more dangerous with dragons and drakes and whelps..." he went on.

"And people are more hostile, overall." he said.

"Some even blame those like us for the world becoming this way."
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.