Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Frosted Sprouts

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/30 05:13:34 )

Callie was completely unresponsive, almost seeming to be comatose. It wasn't too unbelievable though, considering what he saw. Meanwhile, as it seemed that she was being absorbed by the pod that was there, he noticed the roots.

It wasn't hard to guess wht he needed to do. That thing shouldn't be there.

That room felt oppressive with it's corruption, he could literally feel it in the air.

And that thing was likely the cause. So he needed to kill it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/30 05:49:39 )
Adam narrowed his eyes when he stared at the seed that was before him.

He gritted his teeth and started to make his way towards it, growling slightly.

"Right." he said.

"It's time to deal with... YOU." he spat.

He then started to quickly make his way towards it, spears of vine and bark forming in his hands, and an expression of anger in his eyes.

"Let us see how soft you really ARE!" he declared, before thrusting one of them towards the seed.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/30 05:58:24 )

When Adam thrust the vine toward the seed, he found there was some resistance. The shell was stronger than he'd thought, but that didn't stop it.

He heard something akin to an outright scream when he pierced the shell of the seed, before he saw what seemed to be something akin to a deep emerald green ooze out. The ooze spread over the floor, and Adam had to jump back in order to keep out of it. He didn't know what to make of it, and was ready to attack if need be.

After about two minutes though, he was able to relax, as he saw that it seemed all the things that had been absorbed, were being returned. the floor was quickly littered with dead animals...

But that was the problem.

Dead.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/30 06:15:24 )
Adam's face drained of all colour when he saw that the animals were dead.

"...oh no..." he whispered.

"No!" he yelled, as he turned and ran back towards where Callie was.

"CALLIE!" he screamed.

"Please be okay, please be okay, please be okay..." he muttered and pleaded.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/30 06:17:38 )

He didn't get a response from her, it seemed as if she was like the critteres that now littered the room.

But he checked for a pulse, and he found one.

She was alive.

The question, was whether or not she'd wake or if she'd be herself when he did. There was no way to know, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/30 06:22:37 )
"....oh, thank heavens." he said quietly, as he felt a pulse.

With that, he looked around, before picking her up, and getting out of the room as quickly as he could, the door not being locked. He made his way up the stairs, before stepping outside, and laying Callie down on the soft ground.

"Come on, wake up." he told her.

"Please, Callie..." he said further, making sure she was laying comfortably, and causing a soft leaf to grow under her.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/30 06:26:35 )

Adam got nothing from her, but now that he was outside, and in the light of the setting sun, he was able to see that her complexion was all right. She wasn't ashen. Sure, she was a bit pale, considering what she'd been through it wasn't hard to believe, but she wasn't ashen. She wasn't blue.

Adam just sighed before sitting down near her and watching the setting sun. After a bit, he looked around, noticing that the area had changed drastically, already.

It wasn't until the sun had fully set that she stirred. It wasn't too long after, only an hour, maybe, but she woke in the darkness.

"Nnng..." her voice was quiet as she stirred and sat up carefully.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/30 06:37:02 )
When she woke up, she looked around her, and saw that the area around her had changed drastically.

She saw that the vegetation looked a lot healthier. Cleaner. More wholesome. Like the corruption was gone, completely.

She also saw that there was a luminous plant beside her, emanating a soft light that illuminated her immediate vicinity. She then noticed that Adam was sitting beside her, asleep, having passed out while keeping watch over her.

That's when she noticed that he was draped in what looked to be a spider web... but it looked more like a blanket or a shawl. Which is what led her to see that she had had some over her, as a blanket.

Which THEN led her to make the discovery that they were surrounded by a ring of small spiders, with one noticeably larger one in the ring, looking at them.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/30 08:36:35 )

Callie was completely silent as her eyes passed over everything. When she noticed the spiders, she paused.

". . . " She didn't say anything before looking to the webbing that was draped over the pair of them.

"I'm guessing that these," she motioned to the webbed material, "Are thanks to you guys." She commented.

"Thank you." She added, not sure if thye could even understand her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/30 16:46:32 )
The spiders were silent for a moment, before the larger one of the group skittered forward a little, towards them.

It stopped once it was a few feet in, and then looked like it 'bowed down' towards them.

It was then that the little spiders all clustered together behind it, between two smaller trees, and started to make a web together, it coming together amazingly quickly.

And that's when she saw that there was a small word in the centre of the web. It wasn't in English, but thanks to her father, she understood what it said:

'Guardian'.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/30 18:59:21 )

Callie was silent for a moment, marvelling at the speed for the webbing.

"Wow..." She said quietly before looking back to the larger spider.

"So you're the new guardian here." She said.

"Good. We were hoping that it wouldn't take long for the next to come." She added with a soft smile, relief in her voice.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/30 23:41:56 )
The larger spider rose up from its genuflecting position, and then made its way back towards the other spiders. Some small chittering and clicking noises were heard from them, before they looked back at her.

They then disappeared into the darkness that surrounded them, but she could still feel their eyes on her and Adam.

But not in a bad way.

What she felt seemed to be more like the eyes of guardians. Like they were being looked out for.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/30 23:50:40 )

Well, at least we're safe for now. Callie thought before sighing lightly and looking over to ADam, not entirely sure what it was that she was to do here. She didn't even know exactly what it was that had happened, for that matter.

". . . Should I wake him? Or leave him be to sleep?" She asked the air quietly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/30 23:59:21 )
A few seconds after she asked the question, she heard him mutter and stir.

"Nn... hm?" he mumbled.

His eyes then slowly opened, and he saw Callie was looking at him.

"Callie?" he asked.

"Hey, you're awake." he commented with a smile.

"Thank goodness for that." he said, before noticing their new blankets.

"Uh...." he mumbled, looking confused.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/31 00:03:16 )

Callie just chuckled lightly.

"Yeah. I'm awake." She said.

"And the blankets are a gift from the new guardian." She then told him simply, and honestly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/31 01:32:09 )
"Hm?" Adam muttered, before looking at the web with the word on it.

".......huh." he said.

"That was fast." he commented.

"Well, at least there IS a new guardian." he said further.

"That's a relief." he went on.

"How are you feeling?" he then asked her.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/31 01:39:28 )

Callie was silent for a moment before smiling lightly.

"I'm good." She said.

"I mean, I feel a bit off, lost time and all that, but I'm good." She then said.

"Seriously, I'm all right."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/31 01:50:58 )
"That's good." Adam replied.

"Seriously. I'm glad to hear it." he said.

"I was... afraid I'd lost you back there." he then admitted, shaking his head slightly.

"Anyway... um... yeah..." he mumbled further, his face a bit on the reddish side now.

"You want to... lay down for the rest of the night, or... what?" he asked.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/31 01:52:09 )

Callie was silent for a moment.

"I... actually, I'mm all right to continue if you are." She told him honestly.

"I don't know how dead tired you are or whatever."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/31 01:57:17 )
"I feel... fine, actually." he replied.

"Guess that nap was a solid one, however long it lasted." he commented.

"Maybe we should head to town." he then suggested.

"I've heard rumours of an oracle there with impeccable vision." he continued. "They say she's never wrong." he then told her further.

"Perhaps we ought to seek her advice?"
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.