Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Frosted Sprouts

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 06:17:38 )

CAllie didn't answer him, and as he started to make his way down, he saw that she was on the floor, not moving, seemingly unconscious... or dead, but there was no way to know.

As he landed though, a few feet away from her, he noticed that the air shifted. Mere moments before he saw that he was up on the grass again, no hole in the ground... and no Callie around either. He was where he'd been before, but he didn't see her, or anything other than the plant borne walls.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 06:35:22 )
".....the hell...?" he mumbled, looking around.

"What? But I... and the... with... and..." he stuttered.

"The hole..." he went on, seeing that it wasn't there.

"Where!?" he exclaimed.

"CALLIE!?" he yelled, getting on his hands and knees.

"CALLIE!" he exclaimed further, trying his best to communicate with the flora around him for info.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 06:41:42 )

The flora around him gave him no answers of any sort.

He was left there, left wondering what was happening, before one of the walls gave way, allowing him to go and traverse the maze once again. The question, really, was whether or not he would, considering he had no idea what the hell was going on regarding Callie for the moment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 07:02:20 )
Adam was silent as he watched a wall give way.

"........I see how this is..." he growled.

"Divide and conquer." he muttered.

"And you've forcibly divided us." he said further.

"All right, I'm going to find Callie, and I'm going to save this shrine." he declared.

"Callie! I don't know where you are, but I'm going to move forward, and see if I can't find some way to get to you!" he then called to the air.

With that, he started to slowly inch forward, proceeding with caution, and being on the lookout for anything else odd. Or any sign of Callie. At all.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 07:07:57 )

Adam was left in silence as he made his way through the seemingly neverending twists and turns. He had no idea what to expect in here, and had no idea what it was that he could hope to try and predict. Instead, all he could do was just continue on, and hope to make it out alive.

And with Callie, of course.

But nowhere he looked, did he see any evidence of her life...

---

Callie woke with a start, and scrambled to her feet. When she looked up, she saw that there was nothing above her, no evidence of a sky, or even fresh air.

There was nothing but blackness surrounding her, as well.

She had no idea where she was, or where seh needed to go... so she did the one thing that she could think of. She started to carefully walk forward, keeping her hands out to make sure she didn't walk into a wall, and walking slowly so as to make sure she didn't trip over anything, either.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 07:18:06 )
As she walked, she heard nothing. It was absolutely silent around her.

However, as she continued to walk, she did notice that the darkness surrounding her seemed to be getting thicker and thicker, as well as more oppressive.

But she swore she suddenly heard something that spurred her onwards.

A thumping... a rhythmic thumping.

Almost like... a heartbeat. And it was echoing all around her, but could clearly be heard originating from straight ahead of her... and slightly to her right.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 20:06:23 )

Callie was silent as she heard the light beats, before heading forward, heading deeper into the dark abyss she found herself in. She didn't know what was down there, and did't know if she was truly brave enough to find out, but she realized that it would be best if she found out. That was a truth that could not be denied.

As she approached it, she saw something come into focus. It was a deep green, almost seemed to be too dark to be natural. As she approached it, she felt something overcome her, but didn't know if she could actually follow through on it. Or if she could avoid it. There was something going on around her, and she found she couldn't bring herself to care, to pay attention to it.

As it stood, she found herself almost entranced by that dark green thing she could see. As she neared, it seemed to give more light, as well. Callie found that she couldn't question it for the moment, question anything about it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 21:53:05 )
As she got closer and closer, she saw that the thing in question that was giving off the glow.

It looked to be a seed. A giant seed, a little larger than her head. It had many roots sprouting out from it, and they were all burrowing into the soil around her.

And that's when she noticed it was moving.

Pulsing.

In time with the beat that she was hearing.

And every time it pulsed, something seemed to flow through the root system into the soil, and the glow it gave off increased for that fraction of a second.

It was almost like watching a heart beat, but in nature. It was mesmerizing.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 22:50:43 )

Callie was completely silent, not knowing what it was that she was to expect here, or what she was supposed to make of this. It was a thing, and it was keeping her attention completely perfectly, as well. She couldn't even fully realise that by this point, either.

As she reached out toward it, she didnt' seem to realise what she was doing.

As her fingers touched the surface, there was silence, before the air all the way up to where Adam was, seemed to change. Sharply.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 23:45:44 )
The young Wood Elf froze in place when the air around him changed as drastically as it did.

".........." he was silent as he scanned the area around him.

"The hell was THAT?" he asked, and received silence in return.

"....Callie...?" he mumbled.

"Was that...? What the...?" he wondered aloud, before looking to the ground.

"Something happened." he said.

"But what?" he wondered, as he closed his eyes and tried to get a read on the area and situation.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 23:51:21 )

He could almost feel a new 'wave' of the corruption in the area starting to wash over everything. It had no visible effects, mind, but he could feel it. The air seemed to sing with it, for lack of a better way to put it.

And it put him on edge. Seriously.

As he tried to make his way through the max, he found himself getting more, and more, lost, though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/30 00:12:39 )
"Damn it all!" he cursed, as he found himself getting more lost.

"This can't be happening!" he shouted.

"I can't be lost here! And I can't have lost Callie, already!" he exclaimed.

"....nnnngh..." he grunted, as he stopped and felt his frustrations reach a boiling point.

Then he let it all out with a loud scream of frustration, and also a massive pulse of his nature magic.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/30 00:23:16 )

That pulse of magic seemed to be just what was needed. The flora around him reacted to it, and he could see them retreating slightly. The maze wasn't shrinking, not by any means, but he could see a clear path now.

As he followed it, he found himself at the entrance to the shrine. It was one that was half underground. There were stairs that went down, and then a small hall before the actual room.

He could feel the source of corruption was in there, as well.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/30 00:58:36 )
"........underground..." Adam muttered.

"That's where Callie disappeared to." he said.

"And it's where this corruption is originating from." he went on.

He then took a deep breath, held it, exhaled it quickly, and darted forward, running down the stairs to where he could sense the heart of it all was.

"If you're there, Callie, I'm coming." he said.

"Otherwise, please hold on, I'll find you, I promise."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/30 01:15:15 )

Adam was met with silence, with an almost suffocating air, as he descended the stairs. That feeling got worse the deeper he went. Once he reached the door to the next room, the room with the shrine, he was almost pushed onto his ass with the amount of corruption he could feel seeping out of that room - or out of whatever was in there.

There was no way to see what was going on in there, though. All he could make out was the neverending blackness... and a very subtle glow somewhere.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/30 04:30:29 )
"....what the...?" Adam muttered.

"What is that glow...?" he asked himself.

"It... doesn't seem right. It... shouldn't be here." he then realized.

With that, he steeled his courage, took a few more breaths, and pressed forward.

"Whatever that is, I need to investigate." he muttered.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/30 04:35:42 )

As he stepped in, the door behind him slammed shut. He was alone in the darkness, the darkness seeming to eat everything whole.

And that ominous glow. It wasn't pulling him in, but he didn't know it was supposed to.

It was completely dark in there, and there was no way for him to know what the hell it was that was going to happen in there. He couldn't SEE anything in there.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/30 04:51:11 )
"....geez." he mumbled.

"It's darker than nighttime in the Nocturn Glade." he said.

"Time for some light." he told himself.

With that, he held out his palm, and a small flower started to grow out of it, rising into the air. It stopped after about a foot, and its petals then opened, revealing a glowing orb. Its luminous nature was soft at first, before it started to get brighter and brighter, illuminating the entire area.

"Let's see what's going on."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/30 04:55:33 )

When he looked around, after creating some light, Adam was able to see how empty it was in there. The shrine at the far side of the room was empty, devoid of the natural life that should have been there.

There was broken stone everywhere, and that seemed normal - a sign of a lack of attention and care to the place, but normal - until he reached to his left.

There was a glowing pod there, and someone he found himself caring for more than he figured he would (and so much that he would reason as being nothing more than jsut caring for her because she was a living person, AND she was an elemental)

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/30 05:10:27 )
"......oh, no...." Adam whispered, almost letting go of his light source.

"No... no, no, no..." he repeated, as he started to walk towards her.

"No-no-no-no-no-no-NO!" he then yelled, as his walk turned into a run.

"CALLIE!" he exclaimed.

"CALLIE, answer me! PLEASE!" he yelled.

"Are you okay!? Can you hear me!?" he asked further, as he looked at the pod... and saw that it was connected to a large green pulsing seed, via a root system.

"....is... is this...?" he wondered, as he started to process the situation.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.