Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Frosted Sprouts

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 21:46:32 )

"I noticed." Callie said with a sigh.

"Any bright ideas? Because I doubt this thing wants to play with us nicely." She added as she looked between them, then up to see the body of the giant spider that was overtop them.

". . . . That's nightmare fuel." She muttered.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:04:10 )
"....I..." Adam muttered.

"I don't think we can reason with it." he said.

"But why?" he asked. "Why is it...?" he started to ask further, before looking more closely.

"It's... corrupted." he realized.

"We... we need to kill it, somehow."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:05:25 )

Callie was silent.

"There's no way to reverse the corruption?" She asked, her voice curious.

"Because... would it not be better to not kill the guardian...?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:30:54 )
"Maybe. It depends on how deep the corruption is rooted." Adam replied.

"But the chances we can save it are... low." he admitted, dejection in his tone.

"Regardless, we need to worry about ourselves right now." he told her.

It was then that the spider raised one of its legs, and Adam tackled Callie out of the way, narrowing dodging a stomp from the giant arachnid.

"That was close!" he exclaimed.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:32:39 )

Callie let out a cry as they both hit the ground.

"Damn. Thanks." She said before getting to her feet.

"Any bright ideas then?" She asked, her voice curious as she eyed the monstrosity that was ahead of them.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:53:06 )
"....I don't know." Adam admitted.

"I have ideas, but odds are they're not bright." he commented.

"We might need to cripple its legs." he told her.

"Force it down to our level." he reasoned.

"Because we are at a very large disadvantage here."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 23:03:53 )

"I noticed." Callie comented before sighing.

"Beyond that... I could get close to the body by scaling the trees - if they'll let me." She added.

"Otherwise, I have no idea. I don't even know the full size of that thing, since it looks like it's keeping itself lower."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 23:17:29 )
The dodged another stomping from one of the legs, and Adam looked around.

"I... hm." he muttered.

"I could probably launch you up there." he told her.

"I can grow a plant that has some... volatile and explosive pollen. It might be able to get you up into the canopy in a hurry." he suggested.

"But it's your decision."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 23:22:43 )

Callie was silent before sighing.

"Know what? You do you. I'm going to see if I can find anything that can help. Or at least a better leverage point.

"I... have an idea."
She Then said before sighing and darting off into the trees. It didn't take long, only a couple of seconds, before he couldn't see her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 23:41:55 )
"Callie!" Adam called out to her, but it was too late.

She had disappeared.

"Ah crap..." he muttered.

He then watched as a large leg came up, ready to stomp down. He dodged it, and grew a large plant with red and black petals, standing over it.

The spider stomped down again, but Adam dodged, and the flower exploded, causing the spider to recoil a little.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 23:44:23 )

Adam was left dealing with the giant spider for longer than he cared to count, before he heard it almost... scream in pain. When he looked around, he couldn't see a reason. It was trying to turn around though, trying to see whatever it was that was making it scream.

But it couldn't.

And Adam couldn't see what was going on, but it wasn't hard to guess tha tit was Callie.

After about two minutes, he saw her form approaching quickly. She was running toward him, but it was mostly because she wanted to not stay in one place for too long.

At least... until one of the spiders legs came down, and as far as Adam could see, it hit Callie. Solidly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 23:59:26 )
"CALLIE!" Adam exclaimed, as he started to race towards where the leg had come down.

"CALLIE, SAY SOMETHING!" he yelled further.

The spider then stomped down again, barely missing Adam, but causing him to lose his balance and be sent flying forward, landing in a bit of a crumpled mess.

"Ah, damn it." he cursed.

"Callie!" he repeated loudly, scrambling to his feet, and checking the area for her.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 00:01:06 )

He didn't get an answer from her, and that was enough to make his heart skip a few beats. Mere moments later, the reason fo the silence was explained.

Ice was crawling up the leg of the spider, freezing the limb as it went. It wasn't just a shell, was piercing through as well.

It was taking immense concentration for her to be able to keep it up, and as Adam neared and saw that, he realised it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 00:24:14 )
Adam saw what she was doing, and looked up at the spider.

He saw that it was screaming and writhing in agony, and looked to be desperate.

It opened its jaws, corrosive poison and venom dripping from its fangs, before it launched a glob of it right towards Callie.

However, before it hit, a large blue broadleaf erupted from the ground in front of her, blocking the substance.

"Keep it up!" Adam said.

"I'll protect you!"

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 00:34:37 )

Callie didn't say anything, but she did nod to show he heard him.

As the spider thrashed about, Callie continued to freeze it, and Adam continued to protect her - and himself when need be as well. After a bit though, one of the legs came and smacked him out of the blue as he was proecting Callie from anotehr leg (it was easy to forget that this thing could attack with multiples at a time), knocking him into a tree with enough force to daze him for a few seconds.

That few seconds was all that was needed.

As another glob of the poison was thrown at Callie.

She managed to dodge it, thankfully, but the spider then brought one of it's last free limbs and smacked her hard enough to send her through a couple of small trees, and into the trunk of one that was a lot older, and thicker.

Adam could run to her, yes, but... it may be the smarter move to take care of the spider, first.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 00:59:50 )
"Callie, no!" Adam called out, biting his lip.

He wanted to go after her, make sure she was okay.

But he couldn't... he'd risk himself, and probably her even more.

"Damn it all." he cursed, as he looked back at the giant spider.

The humongous arachnid was getting ready to attack again, but Adam was quicker. He placed his hands on the ground, and dozens of hardened spear-like vines shot out from where he was, piercing the beast in various places... with him trying to aim for vital areas.

"...I'm sorry..." he whispered.

"Please... be at peace..." he said.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 01:04:22 )

The spider let out a feral cry of pain as it was pierced before slumping forward, it's bloodrunning down the vines, and onto the grass.

Adam had done the one thing he probably didn't want to do, he killed something. Beyond that, it was a guardian, something that should have been saved to maintain the life here.

But something had corrupted it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 01:29:23 )
"........." Adam was silent for a moment, as he witnessed the spider's final moments.

The final moments that he was responsible for.

He tried to rise to his feet, but found he couldn't. He could only slump to his knees, and stare at the dead creature, before falling forward on his hands.

"...what have I done..." he whispered.

"I've taken a life... and the life of a guardian, no less." he said further.

".....damn it..." he cursed again, his voice quivering.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 01:34:54 )

While Adam was there wallowing, Callie approached.

":Quit it, Adam. We'll worry about it later. WE need to figure out why this place isn't clearing up." She said.

"Because if we don't, chances are we'll have another giant spider to contend with."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 01:47:35 )
"............" Adam just remained silent, before rising to his feet.

"Mm." he mumbled.

He then started to walk forward, though his steps were heavy.

"Come on, then." he told her.

"Still need to get to the shrine." he said.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.