Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Forsaking the Past

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/21 19:28:49 )
Maddie sighed some and carefully out the kitten down before standing and giving his shoulder a light pat. "I get it, I'm just not want to get you in trouble be calling you at work.But if it'll take some worry off your shoulders, I'll be sure to call you." She said calmly. "I promise."

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/21 20:36:31 )
((I can't remember if they had dinner yet or not. lol))

Just knowing that she would call him, did help him relax a little more. "Alright, you promised so now you can't take it back." Clint pointed out, playfully ruffling her hair. "Don't worry about me getting in trouble, I'll be fine, promise." He didn't think he'd get in trouble if he took an 'emergency' phonecall during work.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/21 22:01:06 )
(( Don't think they've even had lunch xD they had breakfast, then went to the store :p ))

Maddie chuckled quietly when He ruffled her hair and nodded. Of course, she'd have to use the house phone since she didn't have a cell phone, and she wasn't about to ask Clint for one. "You could put a bell around my neck to act as a beeper, if I ever get lost." She semi jokes before wondering into the kitchen to look for food. She was getting hungry, and she was pretty sure they hadn't eaten since breakfast.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/22 08:34:13 )
((Oof really? Dang they must be starving! xD))

"Pfft!" Clint shook his head and glanced to look at the kitten now wandering around. "I don't think that would be a good idea Mads. You'd attract too much attention." He replied and walked to the kitchen. "Hungry too huh? Alright, I'll get started on some lunch. I think little Nimbus is expecting lunch too so maybe get him his food?" He suggested politely as he rummaged through the pantry to grab a couple of things he planned to work with.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/22 18:12:16 )
Maddie smirked. "I think I already draw attention, even when I don't try to." She murmured, nodding some when he mentioned making food and getting the kitten some. She went and got a can of wet food and opened it up, then got a spoon to dish it out into the bowl. "Time for lunch buddie, I really hope you like it." She said softly as Nimbus came rushing over at the smell of salmon. She gave his head a light stroke before standing and tossing the empty can into the trash, and quickly washed the spoon.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/30 00:58:48 )
Clint chuckled, he understood what she meant though. She did seem to always attract unwanted attention. It was a little annoying but she seemed to be used to it. That didn't make it better. While she fed the kitten, Clint was busy preparing their lunch since all they had eaten was breakfast and that already felt like so long ago. "Oh I'm sure Nimbus will like it. He's probably been waiting for lunch all day, poor little guy. You know, I wonder what he will be like once he grows older." Clint commented softly.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/30 02:37:05 )
Maddie chuckled and smiled some as she got up and went to stand over by the counter in the kitchen, while Clint prepared lunch for them. For a moment she couldn't help watch him, as if learning from watching. She wasn't really watching him, she was more so watching him cook.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/19 09:22:46 )
Out of the corner of his eye he could see her watching him. He didn't know why she was watching but he didn't mind it either. He did though, understand that watching someone cook could be considered relaxing. He personally liked to watch his parents cook when he was younger. There was something soothing about a person making any kind of food. The sounds, the smells. It all helped relax him greatly. Maybe that was why he enjoyed cooking so much. "I'm not boring you am I?" He teased, eventually finishing up and serving them each lunch at the table.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/20 03:44:20 )
As she watched him cook, she made a few mental notes to remember if she ever cooked for him, and it helped her get her mind off all the shopping they did that day. She smirked some when he spoke and shook her head. "Not at all, I'm getting some free lessons." She teased back, having not really ever been shown how to cook.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/7 20:08:45 )
Clint laughed softly at her comment. "Ha ha, very funny." He joked and poured them each some water to drink. "I should start charging you for watching then." He teased. "In all seriousness though, I could teach you to cook if you wanted to. Of course it would have to be after I get back from work every day but you know." He shrugged his shoulders. "I wouldn't mind doing it." He told her. If she wanted to learn to cook, he would teach her. Plus, that way she could feed herself if he ended up having to work later hours for some reason. That hardly ever happened but there were times when the boss decided he wanted to stay open a bit longer than usual.

And I thought saltine crackers were salty.
Chat with me here if you wanna!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/8 16:39:56 )
Maddie smirked some at his own comment. Though he meant it as a joke, it was only partially funny seeing how if he did, she'd have no way of paying him. She shook her head at his offer. "That's okay, I'll learn better just from watching you. After all, I did make an omelet either yesterday or the day before, and you seemed to like it." She said with a small smile, not able to to remember when exactly she made him breakfast. Watching people was how she learned how do things when she was in the streets, like ducking and avoiding people. She shook the thoughts from her head and turned to go sit at the table. She wasn't on the streets anymore.. Why couldn't she accept that?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.