Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Forsaking the Past

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/16 03:17:55 )
Maddie got pretty quiet after Clint spoke so casually about sleeping together, in the same bed, as if it was nothing! Was it something friends did..? Either way, she was glad her face was hidden because she could feel her entire face burning. That and he was almost talking to her like she was kid, which wasn't far from how she felt. "Okay.." She murmured softly, and slowly, once Clint had already begun to lay down, she and her cocoon of blankets scooted over on the bed to give him room to do so.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/16 07:16:27 )
"Well I'd invite you to my room, but you look too comfortable so I won't have you get up and walk." Clint explained. He was so tired though, so that was another reason why he didn't invite her to his room, he too was already really comfortable beside her. When she moved over to give him some room, he was quick to adjust himself on the freed up space and yawned softly. "Goodnight Mads, sweet dreams. And remember, I'm right here. You'll be okay, I'll be okay. It was just a nightmare."

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/18 01:13:34 )
He didn't have to explain himself, but he did and it made her smile a tiny bit. "Goodnight.." She murmured softly as she drifted back off into a black dreamless sleep.

Maddie woke the next morning, not having noticed at first that she had sort of huddled up next to Clint sometime during the night, and when she opened her eyes she also realized that she couldn't get out of her cocoon of blankets. "Uhhhh, Clint? You awake?" She asked from the cocoon of entangled blankets, partly hoping he was already awake. She was stuck.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/20 05:12:17 )
It was a windy morning when Maddie had woken. Clint lay there in bed beside her, perfectly comfortable but awake. "Hmm.." He hummed in response to her question. Yes he was awake, but he was tired and he didn't want to get up and go to work. It was like when he was going to school and he hated having to get up to go to school. He wasn't really a huge morning person. Still, he knew that he had to get up, so he slowly sat up on her bed and yawned loudly, rubbing his eyes sleepily. "H-how'd you sleep Mads?"

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 20:58:15 )
Maddie was quiet for a bit after hearing Clint's sleepy voice. "Better.. No nightmares after you came.." She murmured shyly. "But...... I've wrapped myself up and can't seem to un-wrap myself.." She said, wiggling within the cocoon of blankets. "I'm suck."

(sorry about this! couldn't think of much else ;~;)

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 22:21:21 )
"That's good to know." The nightmares would be coming back though. Clint was sure of it. He didn't want to have to sleep here with her all the time. Wasn't it weird? He wondered if she felt uncomfortable having a guy sleep next to her. Sure they were friends, but still. It would take some time to get used to it. Clint laughed when he heard what she said. She was stuck in her blanket burrito. "Wow, a Mads burrito. I never thought I'd live to see the day where I wake up next to a Mads burrito." He said, laughing softly.

(It's okay. I hope my post is okay.)

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 23:12:04 )
Maddie felt her cheeks heat at his teasing and wiggled a little more. "Please just help me..? It's getting really warm under here.." She murmured quietly. After enough wiggling, she managed to wiggle right over the side of her bed and plopped onto the floor. "Ow.." She murmured, chuckling some.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/4 03:02:46 )
"Okay, Okay I'll help you because I'm such a great friend." Clint answered. While she squirmed, he tugged on the thick blanket. He pulled on it over and over until she fell over the edge of the bed. Clint looked down at her and chuckled then helped her up to her feet. "You okay? Didn't hit your head too hard did you?" He asked, running his hands through his messy hair.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/5 02:08:04 )
Maddie was happy to be free from her burrito and stood with Clint's help. She shook her head and smiled some. "No, I'm okay. Thanks for unwrapping me." She said, rubbing the back of her head lightly. "How about some coffee?" She asked before heading out of the bedroom and down to the kitchen.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/5 04:32:12 )
Clint raised a brow. Coffee? Well, it would help him wake up for sure. "That sounds great. No sugar on mine please." He requested and walked to his room to turn off his alarm. Afterwards he looked in the mirror of his room in passing. He looked a mess. Not that it mattered to him really. They were friends. He wasn't here trying to impress anyone. When he reached the living room, he couldn't help but look at the phone, expectantly. Jesse hadn't called. It was for the best, but it worried him. What was that girl up to? Why did she suddenly stop?

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/5 19:40:57 )
Maddie set up the coffee pot and started the batch. It took a few minutes to brew, and she used those minutes to think quietly while she was alone in the kitchen. She heard mewing and glanced down at the small fuzzy kitten and smiled some. "Don't worry, you'll get some food." She murmured softly before fixing Clint a cup of coffee like he had requested.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/5 20:12:18 )
He tried not to dwell on it much. It really didn't matter. If she decided to leave him and Maddie alone then he was a happy camper. From the kitchen, he heard little meows, seemed like the little kitten was awake now too. "Good morning little guy." He said as he entered the kitchen and yawned. "Ah, I don't want to go to work. You're not going to go running out rescuing another animal while I'm away, are you?" Clint asked with a chuckle.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/5 21:30:08 )
Maddie glanced at him and carefully handed him his cup of coffee, then chuckled. "No, I won't be running off." She said after catching his comment. "Maybe some food for him though.." She murmured, teasing, as if contemplating the idea. She shook her head. "I'm kidding, Clint. I promise I'll stay right here." She said with a small smirk.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/5 22:55:50 )
"Thanks." Clint took the coffee and sat at the table. "I'll believe you. Hey um, do you need me to buy anything on the way home from work?" He asked, taking a sip of his coffee. Bitter, totally bitter. He liked it that way though. It helped him really wake up. Of course he'd have to buy cat food. And toys...and treats. So many things he was going to have to buy. He just hoped he had enough room for it all.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/6 04:29:46 )
Maddie took a moment to think while she got a glass and pulled the Orange juice out for herself. "Nothing I can think of." She answered casually, then poured the oj into her glass and put it back in the fridge. She sipped from it for a minute before getting out the eggs and a pan and started to fry up some eggs for the kitten and clint. Breakfast was important, she wasn't hungry yet.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/6 06:52:15 )
"Well I have to get a few things for this little furball don't I?" Clint asked. It was such an obvious question so he wasn't even sure why he had asked it. Maybe he only asked out of habit. Maybe he just wanted her to confirm his actions. Clint watched as she began to make eggs for breakfast, "Coffee and eggs? Well this is a nice surprise." Usually he was the one making the food in the house. It felt nice to have a break though.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/10 03:33:49 )
Maddie chuckled lightly as she carefully tended the eggs. "Aside from the needed things for the kitten." She murmured teasingly. This was probably the first time in a very long time she had ever cooked, but she had been watching Clint every time he cooked. She got down a bowl and a plate when the scrambled eggs were finished and split them. Some went into the bowl and the rest went on the plate. She took the eggs in the bowl and made them smaller so the kitten could eat them. Then she set the bowl down on the floor, picked up the plate and brought it to the table. "Do you want toast, or anything?" She asked curiously.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/11 00:39:27 )
"Right, I'll be sure to get that on my way home from work. Some toast would be great Mads, thank you." Clint answered. Already he was making a mental list of the things that he would need to purchase for the cat. He'd have to look for anything labeled kitten since it was just that. A kitten. Regular cat food would be too tough for the kitten to eat. He looked down at the kitten now inching towards the bowl of eggs and sniffing it. Then the kitten began to eat it and Clint started to imagine how the kitten would grow up. What it would be like. Would it be an introverted cat? Or an extroverted cat? Would it be close to Maddie? Or would it want to run away and be free?

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/11 02:09:57 )
Maddie nodded to his request and turned to get the bread, pulling out a slice and putting it in the toaster before pushing down the little button. "I know I said I wouldn't go anywhere.." She started to say as she waited for the toast to pop out of the toaster. She was definitely nervous about asking whatever was on her mind. "I'd like to.." Maddie hesitated to say anymore. This was really hard for her. Once the toast popped out, she carefully picked it up and set it down on his plate. "I want to go with you, Clint.." She murmured hesitantly. The kitten would be alright for a little bit on his own, right? He'd probably end up going to sleep after he ate anyway.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/11 06:53:52 )
I know I said I wouldn't go anywhere.. Clint looked up from his cup of coffee. His eyes now on Maddie who was making him some toast as per request. "But?" He nudged. She wanted to go somewhere didn't she? That's why she had said what she said in that tone. There, she had said it. She wanted to go with him. It was to be expected. No one could stay indoors without wanting to step out for a little while. Besides, staying inside all the time drove people mad. Or could lead to you being depressed. "You want to go with me...to the store?" He asked. He didn't think she'd want to go with him to work. She'd be bored there. Plus it was pretty loud in there sometimes and pretty hot as well.

And I thought saltine crackers were salty.
Chat with me here if you wanna!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.