Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Forsaking the Past

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 22:39:18 )
Clint gently reached over and pet the top of the kitten's head with his index finger. "You are one lucky little guy, you know that?" He said and chuckled as he lay there on the floor near the kitten. "You had a girl run off after you and then she brought you home. Most guys would be lucky to get her number." He said and laughed softly. He watched the kitten eat the food and drink the milk easily. "Must have been really hungry huh?" He asked it, as if expecting the kitten to answer back. "I need you to hold down the fort while I'm out at work alright? Can I trust you with that?" He asked the kitten who eventually waddled away to take a nap. "Good, glad we had this talk then."

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 19:36:05 )

Maddie quietly watched Clint interact with the kitten who seemed to be ignoring him while he ate his food and drank his milk. She couldn't help giggling once the little fuzzball trailed off to take a nap, and slowly approached Clint. "Having a chat with the little guy?" She asked curiously, not trying to startle him or anything. She did find his behavior amusing though, and rather cute.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 23:08:42 )
Clint looked up when Maddie spoke up and nodded. Quickly, standing up and brushing himself off. "Huh? Yeah, of course. We had a umm..very serious conversation. I don't think he likes me but it's totally okay." He answered and looked at her. "Still can't believe you did that. I'm just glad neither of you got hurt." He commented quietly. He remembered he needed to shower a nice hot shower so that hopefully he wouldn't get sick in the morning. "If it's still raining like this tomorrow, I think I'll just stay home."

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 03:18:07 )

She couldn't help smiling some at his words. "If he didn't like you, you'd be covered in little claw marks." She semi-teased. Maddie only lowered her gaze some when she heard his comment, truly having nothing more to say about it. She nodded lightly to his suggestion to staying home if it kept raining like this tomorrow, and part of her wished the rain wouldn't stop and felt her cheeks warm up at the thought. "Sounds good.." She said quietly, trailing off some and going to sit on the couch.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 03:49:06 )
"Pfft, you're probably right mads. He probably just tolerates me since this is my house. Ahh but who am I kidding, I'm a sucker for cute things." Clint wondered if he should work on dinner later. Was she even hungry? "Umm, I'll work on dinner afterwords. Some soup sounds good I think.." He said but made his way over to his room. He grabbed some clean clothes, his pajamas, and headed to his bathroom to take a hot shower. He didn't realize how cold he was until he stepped underneath that water.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 04:19:16 )

Maddie stifled a chuckle at his comment and shook her head lightly. He really did have a good heart. Most guys weren't like him. But, he wasn't really 'most guys', he was Clint. A very strong willed guy who still has enough heart to share with others. The mention of dinner made her stomach to growl slightly and she glanced down as he walked off to go take a shower. She nearly forgot that she hadn't really eaten today.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 07:12:23 )
The shower had helped, Clint quickly got dressed after drying off and tossed his laundry into the basket in his room. This was his way of making sure their clothes didn't get mixed up. Afterwards he walked to the kitchen to start up on that soup he had promised to make. It was cold out and the fireplace alone was not going to warm them up enough. "You're very quiet mads, everything okay?" He asked from the kitchen.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/20 20:17:15 )
Maddie sat quietly on the couch, her light and dark blue eyes staring down at her hands resting on her lap. Whether or not she was zoning out of having one of her episodes was questionable. Maybe she just wasn't feeling very talkative.. She blinked when Clint's voice reached her ears and she glanced over at him. He was in the kitchen, so he was working on dinner? "Yeah.. Just tired, I guess." She said casually, rubbing the back of her head. "What's for dinner?" She asked curiously.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/1 22:01:30 )
@Boss Rimi: bump

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/12 00:42:56 )
"I'm just making that soup I promised. Something warm will be nice right now when it's so cold out. Besides, it will help prevent you from catching a cold." Clint explained to her, eyes on what he was doing. "If you're not hungry though and would prefer to just sleep, you can go ahead and get some sleep mads. I won't get upset." He said to her. Her health was important to her. Sure skipping meals wasn't good, but if she was really tired, then maybe heading in wasn't such a bad idea.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/20 18:41:56 )
Maddie shook her head and glanced at him once more. He promised soup? When? Perfect, she couldn't remember him stating he'd make soup for dinner. "I don't plan on missing dinner. I'm alright." She said casually. "Your cooking is much too much of a prize to miss out on." She said, wearing a silk thin smirk. Sure, she was tired, but she had just gone out in the rain and had to fight to save a kitten.. Not the smartest idea, but it worked. She'd be alright until she ate, then she'd go to bed.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/9 17:24:42 )
Clint laughed softly, "Well thanks Mads. I'm glad you think so." He said to her. It wasn't long before the soup was ready and he was already serving it into two bowls. One for each of them. He looked over at her and could tell just how tired she was. "Hopefully you're able to get some sleep tonight. You could really use it right now. Besides, you can't take care of this kitten if you're sleep deprived." He said. Thinking of the kitten made him think about the horrible woman that had taken the kitten in the first place. Would she come back? What if she came back while he was at work? How would he find Maddie? There was no way he could tell the cops, Maddie would kill him if he brought the police into the picture.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 02:08:24 )

Maddie smiled more casually when she heard Clint's soft laughter and she slowly got up and made her way over to the table and sat down just as he served the bowls. God, just the aroma of the finished soup made her stomach growl a little and she blushed faintly. She could've said something regarding his comment on her being sleep deprived, but she decided not to, and instead tucked a strand of loose hair behind her ear before blowing on a spoonful of soup and eating it. Sleep didn't exactly come easy to her due to nightmares.. She did tell him. Maybe he forgot, or he wasn't thinking when he said it. Slowly, she started to eat more of the delicious soup which was soon starting to warm up her core.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/12 02:09:05 )
Soup was always good during a rainy or just a cold day. Plus, it helped prevent you from catching a cold since it warmed up the body from the inside. So it was good for you and it tasted good. What more could you ask from soup? "Don't worry about washing the dishes, I'll do that. You and your cat friend just head on to sleep after this alright?" Clint suggested. He was pretty tired but he knew he could handle washing the dishes at least and then get himself some sleep. His priority was making sure that Maddie got plenty of rest. After being out in the rain for so long, she really needed to bundle up and stay warm. He needed to put out the fire, wash the dishes and then get ready for bed.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 00:41:45 )
Maddie took her time eating, and once she was finished it was evident that she was feeling a bit better, but she was still tired. It just wasn't as visible as before. Even though Clint had told her not to worry about the dishes, she did at least take her dish and rinse it out before putting it in the sink. She then glanced at him and gave him a small wave. "The soup was amazing, goodnight." She said before turning and heading down the hallway to her room, walking in, partiality closing the door and getting into bed. It didn't take long at all for her fall asleep.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 03:50:29 )
Clint ate his serving of soup calmly. Sometimes he'd look around for the small kitten and relax when he saw it. He was going to have to get it a few things wasn't he? He never really had a pet of his own, but how hard could it be? "Thanks, have a goodnight Mads." Clint answered, raising a hand in a silent goodbye. "Hopefully she doesn't get sick.." He said to himself. Once he had finished his soup, Clint took his bowl to the sink and started to wash it in silence. He glanced out the window. Still raining hard out. With luck, it would be that way tomorrow and he could stay home to look after Maddie. Clint dried off his hands, cleaned up the place, locked the door, turned out the lights and headed to his room to get ready for bed. Afterwards he crawled into bed and tried to get some sleep.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 05:30:45 )
Maddie woke sometime in the middle of the night after having a nightmare of what could have happened if she hadn't gotten herself or the kitten away from the woman at the church after a bolt of lightning blew a generator. It was pitch black, everywhere, which also set off Maddie's 'attacks' and she freaked out since all she saw was blood even though it wasn't really there. It was all in her head.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 06:27:17 )
At the time that Maddie had woken up, Clint was fast asleep. The kitten had made its way into Maddie's room and had curled up beside her, but when Maddie woke up it hopped off and slowly stumbled off towards Clint's room. It meowed and meowed outside his door over and over until that door opened and a sleepy Clint walked out. "Mm..what you want?" He asked. His voice sounded so tired, but he followed the kitten in the dark until he reached Maddie's room. "Ah...Maddie...another nightmare?" He asked, stepping into the room and sitting on the edge of her bed.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 06:38:03 )
Maddie was making a little progress in calming down, but she had cocooned herself in her blankets from head to toe, even her face. Making herself a fat bundle of blankets. She heard the kitten, then someone's voice and then felt her bed shift and she told herself it was Clint. She slowly opened her eyes and focused on what she could make out as his figure, from under the cocoon of blankets. "Mhm.. When I woke up I couldn't see anything.." She said from under the blankets, unwilling to come out.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/15 23:00:44 )
"Sounds pretty scary.." Clint started and gently shook her where she lay. "Hey..umm...do you want me to sleep here for the night? Maybe it will keep the nightmares away or something?" He offered. He didn't mind sharing a bed with her. It would just be like a sleepover. Friends did this all of the time didn't they. "Actually..just move over. I'll just lay here and make sure all of the scary monsters don't get to you." He murmured, already laying down beside her. The kitten meowed, wanting to be on the bed as well. Clint sat up and reached down to puck up the kitten and placed it on his chest after he lay back down.

And I thought saltine crackers were salty.
Chat with me here if you wanna!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.