Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Forsaking the Past

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/12 03:19:13 )
Maddie nodded lightly and tucked a strand of her black hair behind an ear. "Right.. To the store." She agreed, figuring he wasn't talking about taking her to work. Did he work today? Well cripes, she couldn't remember..

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/12 03:55:11 )
"Right...well I'll come pick you up after work. I'll have to clean up quickly before we go though." Clint explained. It worked better this way, at least he wouldn't look all messy and have oil stains on his hands and clothes when they did head out to shop. It would be interesting, shopping with her but he was sure nothing bad would happen. "Could call in sick." He hinted with a smile.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/12 04:03:46 )
Maddie smiled as she listed and loosely draped her arms around his shoulders in a friendly manner. Of course it was brief and soon she was settling down n the chair across from him. She chuckled at his hint and shrugged lightly. "I won't stop you." Maddie voiced casually. "I think you work much too hard as it is." She mused teasingly.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/12 04:28:02 )
Clint laughed softly. "I was expecting you to tell me to go to work and lecture me on why skipping work is a bad thing." He said to her. He took a bite of his toast and started to eat his eggs. This breakfast was just right. He didn't like to eat too much but eggs were something he enjoyed eating for breakfast. Only for breakfast. "I'll call the boss after breakfast then we can get ready and head out."

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/12 04:45:41 )
Maddie rose an eyebrow. "Now why would I do that?" She asked with a light tilt of her head. "I was half expecting you to tell me to stay here, and lecture me about how dangerous It was for me to be out in public." She murmured with a small smirk. She glanced at him, then down at the table. "Are the eggs okay?" She asked curiously.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/12 05:01:18 )
Clint snickered, "Fair play." He answered. "I am honestly concerned for your safety. However, we'll be in a public area so I'm sure you'll be just fine." He said, sipping his coffee. "Just stay close okay? Just in case?" Clint knew he was probably annoyingly over protective, but people always seemed to want to hurt her so of course he was going to worry about her. When she asked about the eggs, he nodded. "I like them. I think you did a good job Mads." He told her.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/12 05:21:56 )
Maddie actually giggled a little aria comment, and she nodded to his words. "I know." She said to him. "I'm not wandering far from you, you're going to be my anchor." She said. Did he forget how close she stuck to him the first time they had to go shopping? It wouldn't be as embarrassing this time, since they were getting things for the kitten.

She felt her cheeks warm a bit when he said he liked the eggs, and Maddie smirked a tiny bit. "I was worried at first.. I haven't cooked before." She murmured quietly.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/13 01:13:34 )
"Don't worry, you didn't burn anything so that alone is a great thing." He said, sticking out his tongue at her teasingly then continuing to eat his breakfast. "I'm surprised you're not eating anything though. You should be eating breakfast you know, most important meal of the day after all." He chuckled after saying that though. That was so childish of him to say.

Once he finished his breakfast, he finished up his coffee and stood to take the dishes to the sink. "I'll call in sick and get ready so we can go." He said and headed to his room to get ready then called up his boss who wasn't too happy. "I know, but it was pouring hard yesterday and well it's only natural to get sick in a downpour." Cliff sniffled and managed to cough away from the phone. "Huh? Oh, okay sir. Thank you." After hanging up he laughed and made his way to the living room.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/13 02:41:38 )
Maddie smirked and shook her head at his tease. She ran a hand through her black hair when he spoke and lowered her gaze. There was the lecture she was waiting for, one of them anyway, for not eating. She wasn't really hungry right now.. Maybe she'd eat after they went to the store. Maybe.

She glanced at Clint as he finished and took the plate to the sink and curiously watched him as he went to call his work. Maddie smirked lightly, then got up from the table and headed down the hall to her room to get cleaned up. She got some clothes and closed her door before changing.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/13 03:54:39 )
"Alright, I am officially sick." Clint said. He made sure he grabbed his keys and wallet and phone. He walked to the kitchen and tore a page off his notepad on the refrigerator door. Clint began to write down a list of things that they needed to get for the kitten that way they didn't forget anything. "Food labeled kitten..." He said to himself. He noticed Maddie wasn't there. "Why do girls take forever to get dressed?" He asked himself and glanced over to the kitten who was busy looking under the couch in awe.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/13 04:26:28 )
Maddie came out of her room shortly after and tilted her head. "I like to her think I don't take as long as most girls." She teased. She was wearing a blue t-shirt, jeans, her green hoodie and she was slipping on her shoes right now.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/13 04:45:52 )
"You're right, you don't. And I thank you for that." Clint looked over his list, "I think I wrote everything down." He said. "Alright little guy, don't go anywhere okay? Just hide somewhere until we get back." Clint folded up the list and slipped it into his wallet. He slipped his wallet into the back of his cargo pants. He was wearing a black muscle top and a grey long sleeved top but not buttoned up all the way. Sneakers were tied on, phone and keys in his front pocket. When she was ready, the two of them headed out of the house and towards his car so they could go to the store.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/14 01:47:41 )
Maddie chuckled and watched him as he looked over his list. She glanced at the small kitten and smiled some. "We'll be right back, I promise." She murmured quietly, and followed behind Clint when he walked out of the house, closing the door behind her and moving so Clint could lock it. Maddie walked over to the car and waited for Clint.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/16 03:41:54 )
Clint made sure to lock the door and then made his way towards the car. He pressed the button, unlocking the doors and opened the passenger door for Maddie to get in. Once she did, he closed the door and walked around to his side before getting in as well. This would be the second time he would be shopping with Maddie and he was worried for her safety. The only thing keeping him calm was that they would be in a public area so the chances of anyone coming after her would be somewhat slim. Someone could easily not do anything there but follow them back. Clint put his seat belt on and started up the engine, backing out of the driveway when she was ready then starting to drive off.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/16 03:50:33 )
Maddie waited for the car doors to unlock, then she opened the door and sat in the seat before buckling her seat belt and closing the car door. Nearly every time she left the house something bad happened.. She really hoped this wouldn't be one of those times.

She focused her attention on looking out the window and silently listening to the radio once Clint began to drive.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/16 05:16:26 )
While Clint did worry about Maddie's safety, he was also freaking out about leaving the kitten at home alone. No one would break into his house to steal it knowing that Maddie would run after it..right? Maybe they did know, and maybe that was enough reason for them to do that. He only hoped that they'd get back home before any of that happened. The radio played very softly in the background as he drove. The clouds above looked dark still, meaning it would be raining again later in the day. When they got to the store, he parked and killed the ignition. Looking at the people who were walking in and out, he wondered if any of these people would be an issue. Hopefully not. "Let's go." He said softly, taking off his seat belt before getting out of the car.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/16 23:15:44 )
Maddie found herself softly humming along with the quiet radio songs that played in the background, while trying not to think about other things. Which was very difficult for her with the settling silence between her and Clint. After a short time, she stopped humming as a few thoughts slipped into her mind and caused a chain reaction of other thoughts sinking in and she zoned out while staring out of the window. She hadn't thought about grabbing her hoodie.. What if someone recognized her? Or the head of cult saw her out with Clint? Would she try anything out in public? Shite.. What was she thinking, asking to go to the store with him?

Her thoughts slammed to a halt when the car stopped and she realized that Clint had killed the ignition, and soon she unbuckled her seat belt and got out of the car. Maddie suddenly felt very exposed, seeing all of the people coming in and out of the store and she fiddled with the bottom seam of her shirt nervously. This was a terrible idea, was it?

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/19 22:06:58 )
Clint wasn't an idiot, he could tell something was wrong. He walked over and spoke in a low voice so that only she could hear. "Hey, relax. I'm sure no one is going to try anything. We're in a public place, and if anyone tries anything then we'll deal with that then. For now just try to relax. We're just here for things for the kitten so I'm sure we won't even be here for a long time." He was sure it wouldn't take them too long to get all the things they needed. "Let's go." He said and wrapped his arm around hers then started making his way towards the store. He grabbed a little cart to put their things inside and pulled out the list. "Alright, you can read off the list and we'll get the things." He said, handing her the folded up sheet of paper.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 00:59:27 )
Maddie nervously pressed her lips together as Clint spoke and she nodded lightly, walking with him towards the store after he wrapped an arm around hers. She felt a little better knowing he was right there, and his quiet words did sink in a bit. She felt safe, oddly enough. He had a point, a very valid point, and she wasn't alone. She unfolded the list in her hands once he handed it to her and nodded, her eyes on the paper with his writing on it. "I can do that." She said quietly.

"First we need the important stuff- cat food for kittens, and a food and water bowl." Maddie read, glancing at him briefly.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 01:56:18 )
"Okay, easy. No dry food. I don't think he's able to have dry food yet so let's play it safe with the canned food. It has to have the word 'Kitten' on it." Clint said. He walked with her towards the pet food section of the pet store he had taken them to. Sure you could find it in grocery stores too but a pet store had everything they had put on their list. "Hmm, let's see." Clint looked around to look for the cat food. They had food for many different animals here. "Oh, over there." He said, pointing towards a different aisle. "Cat food is right there. So I'm sure kitten food is there too."

As he had thought, there were many kitten foods both dry and canned. They only wanted canned food though. Now they just needed to figure out what flavors to take with them. "I guess it doesn't really matter what flavor it is, does it?" He asked, looking at her.

And I thought saltine crackers were salty.
Chat with me here if you wanna!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.