Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Forsaking the Past

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/28 19:36:25 )
Maddie kept her eyes low as Clint paid for everything, and helped him carry some of the bags to the car. When they reached the car, Maddie noticed a reflection of another person close behind them and she paused, slowly turning to look at the woman who had number into her inside the store. The woman smiled seemingly kindly and held out a hand to Maddie. "I'm sorry, you're the woman who gives readings right? Even with a hood on, I knew I'd recognized you close up." She asked.

Maddie stifled a frown. "I dont.. do that anymore.." She murmured, down casting her eyes. "Oh please? I used to come to you as a regular. You saved my fiance's life!" The woman explained, almost pleading. "I'm afraid something else is going to happen.. My fiance has to take a road trip and I'm scared." She spoke, putting Maddie in an uncomfortable position. Didn't this woman understand? Then again.. She didn't know what to do.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/28 19:53:28 )
Clint had opened the trunk of the car and started to put the bags inside. He took the bags from Maddie and couldn't help but overhear the conversation. Now, normally he didn't get into people's business but Maddie was his friend and she clearly was being backed up into a wall. "You can get in the car. Door's open." He told Maddie while continuing to put the bags in the trunk. When he was finished, he closed the trunk and looked at the woman who was insisting that Maddie help her with her problems.

"Look...ma'am, if you're so scared why don't you talk to your fiance about it? Or better yet, why don't you just go with him on this trip?" He suggested. "My friend here says she doesn't do that anymore, so I would leave her alone please. She doesn't want to do this, so don't force her to. Look somewhere else for some help, you're not getting it here." Maybe he was sounding rude but he wasn't trying to be. He was just trying to get the woman to leave Maddie alone.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/28 21:08:27 )
Maddie glanced at Clint when he spoke and nodded lightly, slipping inside the car just to get away from the woman.

"He won't listen.. He thinks I'm just being paranoid, and I can't go with him. It's a business trip and we have kids." She explained quietly. "Please.. I don't have anywhere else to go." Maddie was starting to weigh her options here, feel bad for turning the woman away or risk something happening to the guy and have someone else try to blame her when she could have prevented it. Damn it. "I'm sorry, I can't. The whole thing was a scam, I just happened to get lucky with your fiance. Now if you don't mind, we'll be in our way now." Maddie spoke calmly, glancing at the woman with daggers.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/28 21:58:17 )
It was hard, hearing what the woman had to say. He had no way of knowing if it were true or false. Clint wanted to believe she was telling the truth but that didn't help him feel better about the situation. Clint looked at Maddie who was already in the car then looked at the woman. "The only advice I can give you is to pray for divine intervention to help. We really need to get going, we hope everything goes well." Clint told the window then walked to his door and got into the car. Closing the door, he buckled up and switched on the ignition then started to pull out of the parking spot. Was this something Maddie had to go through on the regular basis? He could see why she'd was always nervous leaving the house.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 02:10:26 )
The woman watched as the engine started, before lowering her head and heading to her own car to go home. Most of what she said was true. Most.

Maddie lowered her eyes as they drove away. "I don't understand why people want to suddenly come to me, when I've stopped going to my booth." She murmured quietly.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 02:14:31 )
"Probably because they trust you." Clint answered. "Look...I don't the the extent of you abilities or whatever. I don't know anything about what you can or cannot do. All I know is that I feel very bad for not being able to have helped that poor woman. She could have been lying sure, but maybe she was telling the truth." Clint kept his eyes on the road as they drove back home. "I'm not saying you should have helped her though. If you didn't want to, that's your right."

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 02:48:06 )
Maddie's mind switched heard when he spoke, and her darker side was starting to slip through. They trusted her? Then why did half of the people she tried to help, blame and batter her when her visions came true? Why was she being sought out by this false church woman? "You're right, I do feel bad.. but I can't take people calling my a liar and blaming me for their tragedies anymore." She murmured quietly. "Besides that.." She glanced at him with a soft exprrssion. "I don't have to anymore."

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 03:12:27 )
"I totally understand that. And you're right, you don't have to anymore. You don't have to do anything you don't want to anymore. I just hope that the woman's fiance is okay." Clint said. The drive home was uneventful which was to be expected, but when they got home he parked in the driveway and looked at Maddie. "I'm sorry that woman was bothering you. I'm sorry people have been bothering you and calling you all sorts of things. But..you're not alone now. You have me. And now you even have Nimbus to protect you."

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 03:56:09 )
Maddie shook her head and looked outside the window until he pulled into the driveway of his house. A small smile came to her lips and she nodded. "You make me feel stable.. Clint. I wouldn't give that up." She murmured softly, before getting out of the car and helped him unload their, but mostly her stuff, for the cat, into the house. Being careful not to let little Nimbus out.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 04:13:15 )
When he heard her say that, he felt his face flush. "I uhh...w-well that's good. That's r-really good." Clint answered and stepped out of the car to carry the bags into the house. When all the bags were inside, he made sure the trunk was closed and the car was locked then he locked the front door of the house and began to take out the things and set them around for Nimbus to sniff at suspiciously. "Relax little guy, this is all for you. We didn't bring another cat home."

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 04:26:57 )
Maddie giggled as she watched the kitten sniff eve and gently scooped him.up into her arms to hold and let him. "Everything here is just for you. I hope you like it." She said softly, kissing the top of his head before setting up back down and helping Clint set everything up.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 23:21:28 )
When everything was set up nicely, Clint watched as Nimbus approached the cat scratcher and pounced at it. It made Clint laugh to see how the kitten pounced and fell over. "Oh my god, he's so silly. Nimbus, you don't need to fight everything you see." He told the kitten who walked away and approached the food bowl.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/30 01:10:53 )
Maddie helped set up the toys and other things in any way she could, giggling as she watched Nimbus attack the scratching post. She giggled more when it fell over and shook her head some.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/2 01:05:01 )
"Well what do you think Mads? You think he likes his gifts?" Clint asked. Nimbus was busy tackling the scratching post again. So much so, that his little nail got stuck and he couldn't pull free.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/2 01:28:44 )
Maddie couldn't stop giggling as she watched the kitten, and when she finally did she nodded before going over and helping him free his claw without hurting him. "I'd say he loves it." She giggled, petting the top of his fuzzy head.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/2 04:45:46 )
"I just hope he actually uses it." Clint said then looked at Maddie. "How are you feeling by the way. Still bothered by what happened back there?" He asked her, slipping his hands into his pockets. He worried about her. Even though she put on a strong face, he was sure she was breaking on the inside.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/2 05:02:45 )
Maddie paused and lowered her head some when he brought it up. "For a moment, I forgot about it.." She murmured quietly. "Of course I'm bothered by it, but there's nothing more I can do. I'm done. I don't need to pay people to listen to me.." She said truthfully. "You listen, and that's enough for me."

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/20 21:37:40 )
Listening to her, Clint could understand. Of course he'd listen to her, they were friends after all. "That's what friends do. They listen to each other. Mads...when I go off to work again are you sure you will be okay? I have to admit that I worry I might come home and you'll be gone." It was true, he did fear something bad happening to her while he was at work. That evil woman had found Maddie here before, what was stopping her from doing so again and this time, while Maddie was alone?

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/21 00:52:18 )
Maddie sighed softly and gently picked up the kitten in her arms and held him. "I can't honestly answer that Clint.. I can tell you I'll be alright and then have a break down when you leave or a vision that makes me want to leave the house." She admitted softly. Of course he'd worry! Just like she'd worry about him.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/21 05:54:07 )
Clint frowned at the answer. "I know..." He said and rubbed his face with his hands. "I just...you should call me if you're going to leave. I don't want you to feel like you have to stay inside all the time. I want you to head out whenever you want but I'd love to know when you're leaving so that I can kind of worry a little less. Or a little more. I don't know. I just need to know when you'll be out of the house..and that you'll be okay. " He said to her softly, blushing as he realized what he said.

And I thought saltine crackers were salty.
Chat with me here if you wanna!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.