Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries Godawful's Picture Cauldron!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 00:19:24 )
Oohh gosh your works are incredible. I really love the tall pixels and bet they take a lot of time to do :O
I'd love to do an art trade with you sometime in the future if you are ever interested * v * //I don't do pixel stuff, but I'd love to give you something in return for your hard work * u *

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 01:04:13 )

Im Not Actually Sure If There Are Any Websites For Local Selling. I Know Of A Shop Or Two
Nearby But Im Pretty Sure They Dont Have A Site Or Anything. It Would Be Cool If They Did Though.
I Know There Are Some Records At Thrift Shops And Stuff But Those Are Usually By People I Dont
Really Care For Too Much, Or Christmas Music. So Much Christmas Music. Never Fails To Be There.

I Think I Prefer Phonographs And Turntables To Jukeboxes. Probably Cause I Like Stuff Thats Smaller
And Easy To Move By Myself Lol. Man I Bet Theyre Expensive. Must Cost A Lot To Restore Them Too.
Probably Also A Lot To Keep Them Maintained And Stuff. Ugh. But The Cost Is Worth It To Those Who Care!
Man, Id Love Some Retro Radios! Theyre So Neat And Honestly I Just Love The Old Timey Feel The Give Off

Record What If I Found Some? (Im Not Used To Having So Much To Say/Read So I Lose Track Of What Responds To What)
(Nah, I Doubt Its Asking Too Much! Its Cool To Have Someone Who Also Has Some Interest In This Stuff!)
They Arent Really Far Up In The Attic, But I Can See The Ceiling Like, Dip? Every Time Someone Goes Up.
Like They Didnt Reinforce The Place Correctly. So Im Afraid To Go Up And Hear A Creak Or Snap. If Nothing
Else I Can Probably Send My Younger Sister Up Since Shes The Lightest, But I Have Nowhere To Put Those
Records Even If We Brought Them Down, So Theyre Probably Safest Up There Till I Have More Room.

I Only Know Of Two, But Im Sure There Are Much More. I Just Dont Always Have The Time And Money
To Go Around Looking For Antiques/Vinyls. ;w; And Wow That Sucks! Hopefully Another Place Like It
Opens Up Nearby And You Get To Check Out (And Maybe Even Buy) Some Neat Things.

Doggo! I Only Know About Our Neighborhood Cause Some Bad Stuff Had Been On The News. But
At Least Youve Got A Doggo Knight And Steel Boots For Safety If Anything Was To Go Wrong :O

Ill Definitely Try And Post Some Footage! I Actually Just Got The Camera In The Mail Today And I
Didnt Realize How Small They Are! But Yeah It Has A Nice Wide View And A Waterproof Case If I
Ever Wanna Take Neat Shots At The Lake Or Something. Its Quality Looks Good Too So I Cant Wait
To Use It! Sadly, I Have To Buy A MicroSd Card Before I Can Do Anything But My Car Insurance Is
Coming Up So I Have To Wait To Buy A Good Sized SD Card. :vanora_cry: :vanora_cry: :vanora_cry:

Cool! I Look Forward To A Ping! I Was Gonna Make Mine All Nice And Organized But Ughh. I Have
Never Been Good At Making Neat Threads. But Eventually Ill Make Thumbnails Of All My Pics And
Either Direct Link Them To The Image Or Link Them To The dA Page. Eventually. Maybe. Ugh

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 01:08:21 )

@KayBit: Just Let Me Know Whenever You Want Something Lol. I Love Making Things For Peeps :vanora_icon:

@Lydiachan22: Ahh Thank You! (The Tall Pixels Actually Dont Take All Too Much Time Tbh!) Sure! Id Be Happy To
Trade Whenever You Want! I Love Getting Art Stuff From Other People!! :vanora_smile: :vanora_smile:

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 03:08:30 )
PiCa-chu, pi-pikachu. (I couldn't help myself.)

I saw some Homestuck in the small pixels. I also see a lot of Steven Universe. You're pretty cool in my book.
These are great.
I also love those little record players in your signature. :o

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 06:07:46 )

@Faust Sheep: Honestly I Thought Of Pokemon Right After I Chose To Shorten It To PiCa. :vanora_xd:
Yeaaahhh. I Originally Made That Pixel Base Specifically For Homestuck. To Make A Pixle Of My Fantroll
And I Was Really Proud Of How Those SU Ones Came Out! I Should Really Make More.
Im Glad You Like My Pixels!! ^^ The Record Player Was Something I Made At Like 2 In The Morning Out Of Boredom Omg

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 12:21:39 )
aahh awesome sauce! Np! <33 After I'm done with my current drawings I'll send you a message! <3
Find my illustrations here: https://twitter.com/Lydiachan22

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 13:03:47 )
@Godawful: Ahh, I just noticed the message ;o;
Ah, just reading the word christmas is enough to get some of them stuck in my head again, rip
i'd pass up on those too lmao

And you've got a point, admittedly i like them all but yeah they're huge and heavy
most of the decent looking once were €2000 and up (an not all of them were completely restored either, if at all?)
Not going to happen in the first years to come.
But if i save up a little a retro/vintage radio and a record player might just be possible and, yes, easier to place.
(cause my room is rather cramped as well ^^;)
Not that i'd be dragging a jukebox upstairs though, even if could get one, lmao.

Ah sorry! I meant that if you decide to play a record on it, if it was possible to record that haha ^^
tbh i laughed at the part of sending your little sister upstairs :')
(not judging, i'd probably do the same with mine, lol)

And I hope another one will open as well!
I'm not sure if the old one moved to another location or just quit, sadly.
We also used to have some more stores with interesting stuff but most of them closed?
Not just those though, lots of stores closed over here, think it's because of the whole online shopping thing :')

And i Understand! But, on the other hand, it might make the times you are able to browse through those stores more fun/more of a thing to look forward too!

One of the dogs wouldn't hurt a fly, but he's big enough to keep people at a distance at night!
And mine?? he has a big mouth but hides behind me like the child he is when it comes to it :vanora_sweat:
He's still a bit too shy at times.
Better than our old neighborhood tough, would see police around regularly, but usually because of dumb stuff?
once someone left their ex's house through the living room window cause the other was *that* mad , lol.
Hope it's safe enough there on the daily though ;v;

pocket sized
Glad it came in! And ahh, well I'm sure it's gonna be worth the wait!
Really looking forward to see the stuff you make with it! ;v;

And i totally feel! Organized threads are hard :vanora_cry:
i almost wrote organic, rip

Also do you ever , just, try to take a pic of the moon and wonder why the camera thinks it's just a white dot??
I wish my eyes could take pics
Sorry if Reply late!
Please ping me!

Questing

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 16:58:18 )
@Godawful: Wow, I couldn't make something like that at 2am. Unless I was hyped up on ginseng. regular caffeine makes me sleepy
Do ever plan on selling some? I'd literally buy three of those little record players in varying colors. I really like record players...
I'd buy buy more things, but at the moment I'm a little short on moneys. I need to save up some volts.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 17:31:00 )

@Lydiachan22: Awesome! I Look Forward To Getting Your Message Then! ^v^

@Faust Sheep: 2AM Is Actually When Im Most Likely To Be Drawing. I Tend To Draw When I Need Sleep Lmao
I Though About It But Im Not Sure How I Would Even Price Anything (Which Is Why I Always Just Have Freebies)
But If You Want Some Id Be Glad To Make Them Free Of Charge Actually! It Will Give Me More Practice With Them!

@Siron: See, I Hardly Ever Listen To Christmas Music So I Dont Have To Worry About It Getting Stuck In My Head.
(Unless Its Carol Of The Bells. I Actually Love That One.) I Was Given Some Records And Like 1/4 Were XMas Songs
If Nothing Else, You Can Buy A Newer Record Player/Radio That Looks Vintage. Its At Least A Start! Me, I Just
Bought A New One. Im Hoping To Buy Another One From Walmart If It Ever Shows Up There Again. I Regret Not Getting
It When It Was There. (It Has A Cassette Player!) ((Cassettes Are Another Thing I Wanna Collect Omg) I Love Music Stuff.

Yeaaahh, Online Shopping Really Would Give Physical Stores A Huge Beating. Sure It Makes It Convenient For Some
Customers, But It Sucks When It Closes Down The Neat Small Stores Nearby. ; ; But What Can You Do? -Siigh- :vanora_stunned:

If I Play A Record On The Phonograph? I Tried, But The Lighting Is Kinda Awful In That Room. Plus The Place Is A Mess And Id
Have To Move It From The Corner Its Tucked In. (I Had Dragged It Out To Test It But I Had To Put It Back. Its Kinna Heavy, Rip)
Maybe Once Theyve Cleaned Their Room, Ill Barge In And Try Another Recording! Probably Wont Be Any Time Soon Though.

My 'Little' Sister Is Already About To Graduate High School So Its Not Actually As Funny As It Might Have Seemed xD

Just Having A Doggo Can Scare People Away, Even If They Are The Sweetest Lil Thing! Makes Me Miss Having One Around.
Yeah, Its Safe During The Day Here. Just At Night, There Can Be Questionable People Around Doing Heck-Knows-What.
Although Interesting Story, A SWAT Team Was Once Right Across The Street Trying To Get Someone. I Never Did Find Out
That Whole Story But Oh Boy All The Neighbors Were Outside Just To Watch! I Took Pictures Lol. And Kept Some Police Tape

I Try To Take A Picture Of The Moon Soooo Very Often. It Never Comes Out Well. Im Tempted To Blow A Lot Of Money
On A Good Camera Specifically For That Purpose But. Uh. I Need To SAVE Money, Not SPEND It. :vanora_sweat: :vanora_sweat:

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 17:52:23 )

Aww Yis, First Non-Pixel Drawing Of The Month

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 19:37:58 )
@Godawful: If you are okay with doing three free, I'd like to have some made by you, but I'd still feel like I'd have to give you something. I can offer some art of my own?

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 19:42:11 )
@Faust Sheep: Yeah Im Fine With Doing Three Free! (Ill Never Turn Down An Offer For Art. I Love Getting Art! )

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 21:35:32 )
@Godawful: So what would you want art done of if I were to offer some arts?

...Is it possible to get the record players in black and red for first, blue and silver for second and mint/light green color and white for the third?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 21:44:41 )
You got a good style :ok_hand: *doesn't work but I'll act like it does*

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 22:52:15 )
@Faust Sheep: Hmmm, Well Ive Got This New Oc That Im Fond Of! So It'd Be Great To Get Something Of Her! :D
Sure. Does It Matter Which Colors Are The Body/Record Or Does It Not Really Matter To You?

@Taemins Lover: Thanks! :thumbs_up: Now If Only My Style Would Stop Changing Every Time I Draw
What Are You Talking About? It Totally Works. Totally. Im Not Lying At All. I Swear

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 23:02:41 )
@Godawful: oh man, that is sad, but that just makes your talents more varied... so kind of a win?

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 23:21:49 )
@Godawful: Alrighty. Bookmarking ref so I don't lose it/forget about it. (which has happened before)
And, nah, it doesn't matter.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 23:58:26 )
@Faust Sheep: Alrighty Then! I'll Start On Your Pixels As Soon As I Get Back Home! :3

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 00:34:48 )
@Faust Sheep: Oh Shoot! I Forgot To Ask. Do You Want The Symbol On The Inner Lid To Still Be The Voltra
Sign? Or Would You Like Me To Attempt Something Else As A 'Branding'?

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 00:38:05 )
@Godawful: Oh, the Voltra symbol is fine. :o

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.