Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries Godawful's Picture Cauldron!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 17:17:50 )

@Siron: Rip. Yeah I Used A Normal Camera! Its A Pretty Old Camera Though So I Can Only
Imagine How Awesome It Would Look If I Had A Newer One With Better Recording Quality.
I Wish I Had A Phone That Had A Good Camera So I Could Use My Phone To Record. ;x;

Orange Skies Are My Favorite. I Wish I Could Take More Pictures Of Them ;w; I Only Take Them
From Time To Time. If I Actually Got To Leave Home More Often, Id Definitely Be Taking More.

Im Glad You Love Them Cause I Love Making Them ;w;

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 18:52:57 )
@Godawful: Older cameras have their charm too!
(and im not just talking the recording kind, I'd love to try a Polaroid some time tbh)
My phone is slow as can be, thinking about it, i probably would've missed the perfect shots either way :')
It takes like 4 whole seconds for it too load something, if not more, rip.

Your pics are great either way! I'll be keeping an eye out for new ones! ;v;
Hmm, I used to take pics from skies and landscapes along the way as well, wonder if i still have them saved.
((I hope so haha, I remember i took one from out of a window and it gave me this post apocalyptic feel ;-; ))

How did you turn the lightning into a gif though? o:

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/2 02:10:12 )

@Siron: That They Do! Oh Man Ive Been Wanting To Buy An Old Fashioned Polaroid But Theyre So Pricey!
Lucky Me, However, This Past Christmas My Parents Bought Me One Of Those New Mini Polaroids. So Cute.
Ah Yes, Slow Phones. The Bane Of My Existence. Thats Another Reason I Dont Use My Phone As Much. Like
I Think The Only Times I Use My Phone For Pictures Anymore Is When Im Taking Pictures Of Slow Moving
Clouds And Dont Have My Camera With Me, Selfies, Or When I Wanna Quickly Upload Drawings To My dA.
4 Seconds To Load Stuff, Though. Holy Crud. I Wouldnt Have The Patience To Deal With That Slowness.

Thanks! Im Glad You Enjot Them Enough To Look Out For Them! Im Hoping To Be Taking Some More Often, If
Only Because School Is Ending And I Wont Have To Worry About Dropping My Sister Off At School. Meaning More
Random Joyrides And Picture Opportunities! *w* I Never Get to Take Many During Long Rides Cause Either Im The
One Driving, Or The Places We Go Are Nothing But Plain Land And Clear Skies. And While Thats Nice, It Looks The
Same After An Hour Or So Lol.((Ooh, I Hope You Have Them Saved Somewhere! Post-Apocalyptic Sounds Neat)

My Computer Lets Me Trim Videos, So I Trimmed The Video To Be Just That Small Portion Then Used ezgif To
Make The Video Into A Gif, And Then To Crop The Gif As Needed! I Have No Idea How I Would Have Done It
If I Didnt Know About That Site! *w*

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/2 05:14:14 )
@Godawful: oooo how cute!
call me grem
they/them

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/2 05:30:32 )

@nyreen: Thank You!! ^u^

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/2 09:22:06 )
@Godawful: Ahh, I didn't get mentioned this time around, sorry!
And yeah they can be very pricey, also some need parts replaced and that can be a real pain without in depth knowledge about them I suppose? :(
Very lucky though! Do you have any pics of the pics you've taken with them? o: (probably the weirdest sentence i wrote today)
And it can be very annoying indeed, good thing i got accustomed to having older phones though, the one big pro about them is that they are really hard to break! (not that im trying, of course, but let's just say i've dropped it more times than i can count haha)

Ah i found the pics, here's the one I meant
for some reason it's very tiny though, rip
but it's still one of my favorites ^^
[spoiler] [spoiler]

Ok I immediately bookmarked that side
I think I still have a vid somewhere that could make a nice gif
Once, again, if i can find it, oops.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/2 09:22:28 )
I'm on a roll with the bbcode today

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 01:29:14 )

@Siron: Its All Good!. Yeah. They Can Be Very Pricey. If We Werent Forced To Move A Few Years Back, I Would
Probably Have Been Able To Find Our Old Polaroid. Not To Mention An Old Camcorder. Little Piano. Just A Whole
Bunch Of Antiques. God I Miss Them All. Id Love Having All Those Old Things. Make A Room Specifically For Them.
It Would Be So Aesthetic Lmao. Add In My Records And Some Old Family Photos. Ah Nostalgia!

Ive Only Used The Polaroid To take Pictures Of Family So I Dont Upload Pictures Of Those Pictures Lol. Eventually Ill
See A Really Nice Landskape Or Sky And Take A Pic Of IT But Thus Far Its Only Been Used On People.
My Phone Is Only About A Half Year Old And I Am Very Surprised I Havent Broken It! I Usually Drop It So Often That
They End Up Broken Within 2 Months. Gotta Say, I Wasnt A Fan Of Having A Case That Doubled As A Card Holder,
But Seeing As How Its Protected My Phone All this Time, Ive Grown So Used To It!

Oooh Thats A Nice Pic! I Dont Know Why But At First I Thought That Was Some Sort Of Daytime
Silent Hill Image. Even Though Ive Never Actually Seen Silent Hill.
Hopefully You Can Make Neat Gifs Of Your Videos In The Future! And If You Do I
Hope I Can See Them In All Their Giffy Goodness!

P.S. I Would Have Responded Sooner But I Ended Up Running Errands Like Halfway Through The Response. Rip.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 01:29:34 )

Edit:: Something Went Wrong With My Browser And It Double Posted. Ignore This. Actually Ill Just Use This Error To Add A Photo!

And I Dont Know Why I Never Added This One!

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 01:48:17 )
@Godawful: I want all of your pixels

I just wanted to pop in to say that your gallery is lovely :vanora_icon:

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 08:23:15 )
@Godawful: Antiques, love it so much, omg!
Only own a few really old things and one old fashioned thing of which i dont know if it's old or not cause someone got it from somewhere and they gave it to me? (it's some old fashioned candle holder, came from an older lady, but again idk if it's actually old or nah)
You think they're still around somewhere or did they get lost? o:
(I hope you'll find them, a room full of it sounds amazing!)

Ah I didn't know haha, I can respect that (:
(really cool way to take family pics tbh)

It can be a hassle to get used to, yep, but i think especially with today's phones they really come in handy?
Cause a few years ago the corners of the phones where higher up than the rest so you wouldn't break your screen first thing, but that kinda, eh, changed :')
My last phone was and old samsung and i had for like 6 years? switched to this other one which im p sure is a few years old already as well ^^;
(but I like still being able to take my batteries out and not breaking my screen, so unless my phone completely betrays me i'll learn to live with the slowness haha.
(tbh i tend to only replace tech when they're done for :') Had my old laptop for ages but at some point i'd almost burn my fingers by just touching the keyboard after a while, lol )

Thank you!!
Never really played/seen it but I'll take it as a compliment ;o;

And i made a gif!
It was on the way home from, well, I don't remember anymore tbh

edited it, it should work now :')

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 08:25:15 )
Also !! The new photos are amazing!
The one sort of looking over the buildings reminds me of these movie endings where they just glance over the city, either satisfied or worried for what's about to come. Really digging it ;o;

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 16:33:58 )

@Siron: Antiques Are So Nice! Weve Got An Old Singer Sewing Machine Which Sadly Doesnt Work That
Im Aware Of, And Weve Got An Old Edison Phonograph. The One For Those Thick Heavy Records.
I Wish I Could Get It To Work. Like. Just Imagine Having People Over And Playing That Old Thing.
Dress Up All Fancy With A Glass Of Wine. 'Oh That? Its Just An Old Thing I Like To Relax To.'
OK ALRIGHT SO AFTER I TYPED THAT LAST SENTENCE I DECIDED TO TRY AND GET IT TO WORK
The Phonograph Worksssss. Its Kinda Wonky And Dirty From Disuse But Its So Neat!

Nah Im Pretty Sure All The Antiques We Left Behind Ended Up In A Dump Somewhere. The People That Forced Us Out
Were Pretty Crappy About Everything So Yeeeehhh. Poor Antiques. D:

Lol Maybe Some Time Ill Go Out To The Beach And Try And Get Some Neat Shots With the Polaroid.

I Tend To Replace My Phone When A Newer Version Is Cheap And Has A Better Camera, Or When I
Break My Screen To The Point That I Cant Use It Anymore. Otherwise I Try To Stick With What I Got.
I Rarely Ever Take The Battery Out. In Fact. I Dont Think Ive Ever Taken It Out With This Phone!
That Being Said, I Dont Think Ive Ever Actually Turned My Phone Completely Off Since I Got It. Hmm.

That Pic Just Had A Foggy Could-Be-In-A-Horror-Movie-Montage Kinda Feel Lol

Neat! Guess You Gotta Start Making Neat Gifs Now. :vanora_sun:

Thanks! Ironically The One Kinda Looking Over Buildings Was Taken Out Of A Clinic Window
So I Think Worried-For-Whats-About-To-Come Is A Pretty Accurate Vibe! Lol

Anyways I Would Have Replied Sooner But I Was Playing Around With That Phonograph For A While

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 16:43:15 )

2 More Pics I Wanna Share~!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 17:02:14 )
@Godawful: That phonograph is so awesome omg
Fun fact: I was browsing old record players just a few days ago, see what people in the area were selling :')
You come across some cool stuff when browsing for antiques. o:

Also good job on getting it to work!!
What kind of records do you still have for it? o:
& how old actually is that particular one?
now you'll have to invite people over for wine though :')

Ah that's a shame ;-;
I hope you'll come across more cool stuff in the future!

i only take it out when it freezes haha, rip
Yeah I think I'm gonna take some more walks at night now.
Actually I'm pretty sure im gonna.
And hope no one freaks out when they see me awkwardly filming streetlights

and I actually found the rest of the pics!
Well I'm pretty sure lots got lost might just make a thread for them (and for the future gifs ^^)
They're all tiny and blurry though, thinking about it, quite a few of them look like they're from some creepy places, lol.

time well spent!!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/4 02:16:58 )

@Siron: Apparently I Was The Only One In This Dang Family Who Didnt Know It Worked
Ugh. Anyways. Oh Man Sometimes Im Tempted To Buy Some Nice Old Turntables But I Have
No Space For Them And I Already Have One. But I Definitely Want To Search For Some Neat
Records Cause While I Have A Lot Of Records (Mostly Put In Storage) I Want To Find Some That
I Will Actually Listen To. I Need To Look For A Record Shop Around Here. *w*

Im Actually Not Sure What Kind Of Records We Have For It. Theyre Put Up In The Attic And I Refuse
To Go Up There On the Grounds That I Dont Trust The People Who Rebuilt This House To Have Done
A Good Job At Keeping Things Stable. Rip. Uhh, Im Not Sure How Old It Is. I Didnt Take Much Time To
Look For Its Manufacture Date. Id Look Now But I Dont Wanna Disturb My Dad. (Its In His Room)

I Hope I Come Across Cool Stuff In The Future! Maybe Some Day When We Either Expand The House
Or I Get Rid Of A Lot Of Stuff And Reorganize, Ill Go Out To The Nearby Antique Shops And Look!
As It Is Though, My Room Is Full And I Have No Space For Anything New. ;w;

I Wish I Could Take Walks At Night But Uh, I Dont Live In The Safest Neighborhood For That, Sadly.
Oh! But I Just Bought Something Akin To A GoPro To Use As A Dash Cam! So Maybe I Can Get Neat
Pictures While I Do My Daily Drive Around. Maybe Get So Great Shots During Rain With It Too, Since
It Supposedly Has A Wide View? (Like 170 I Think??) Which Is Great Considering Its Only A
$30 Camera! And It Should Take Good Quality So Im Very Excite. Much Happy. Ignore The Memeness

Neat! If You Make A Thread, Ping Me! I Can Bookmark It And See The Cool Things You Post!
Tiny And Blurry Will Just Add To Their 'Creepiness' Soooo. Let Them Be Tiny! Lol

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/4 02:25:17 )

@SirLionelNigelConrad: Across Many Sites, People Have Had A Word To Say About How I Type! I Should
Start Collecting The Many Messages About IT And Make A Neat Collage! I Hope 'Goosebumps' Isnt
Bad Though! That Would Be,,, Godawful..... Ba Dum Tsss .... Im So Sorry. Also, Thanks!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/4 06:09:15 )

@KayBit: I Just Realized I Had Forgot To Respond To Your Post! Sorry!
Ahh, Thanks! Im Glad You Like My Gallery And Pixels!
Yours Are Super Adorable Though! Theyre Amazing! ;w;

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/4 09:32:10 )
@Godawful: Do you have any local selling websites around?
Sometimes people in the region tend to sell lots of cool stuff and maybe even records as well! (:
We don't have any at home but i'd love to get one, I came across a neat one that had some records but i should probably save up a little more first.
I also thought i was a great idea to look up jukeboxes but they're mad expensive, rip.
Also retro radios?? I love them, they're more affordable though, lol.
Do you think you could record it if you found some? o:
(sorry If I'm asking too much haha, i just love this kind of stuff)

Ahh are they far up the up the attic? (I'd probably awkwardly try to get the boxes closer with a stick or something)
But you're right, gotta be careful when in doubt ;o;

Got lots of those shops nearby?
I had this awkward moment I noticed we had one nearby, but it closed ;-;
(my life in a nutshell lmao)

Ahh I either have a dog with me or put on my shoes/boots with steel noses, just in case haha.
But tbh it's always really quiet here at night?? Idk about our neighborhood tbh, but im used to going outside at night beause of the dogs so i don't really mind either way ;v;

And that's actually a really cool idea, to use it as dashcam!
Really looking forward to (if you post them) the footage/gifs ;v;
And I'd be excited too! 30$ really isn't much for something like that ;o;

Think I'll be making it soon, see if i can at least organize it a little bit (see how long that'll last xd)
And I'll be sure to ping you when I do!
Sorry if Reply late!
Please ping me!

Questing

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/4 20:46:36 )
@Godawful: Haha no worries <3
And thank you so much ;w;
I'll totally have to get something from you sometime <3

Art Dump | Art Shop | Toyhou.se

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.