Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Stardew Valley

Voltie — He/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/22 22:50:51 )
Hey y'all! :D Today I wanted to create a little discussion topic about Stardew Valley!

For those who don't know, Stardew Valley is a farming game created by a developer called Concerned Ape. CA created this game from scratch, alone, for several years, a little bit at a time. When he released it, it became widely popular, selling over 400k copies in 2 months, and at 3 months had sold about 1 mil copies. Even on Steam, it's extremely high rated.

The game appears to be a typical farming simulator at first, but once you get into it, there's a lot more to it. You can romance NPCs, get married, and even have children! There's also a battle system, mines, and collections to unlock. And, the best part... animals!

Stardew Valley on Steam
Stardew Valley's Wikipedia

So! Discussion-wise, I thought I'd start off by asking a few questions to get everyone chatting. :D (You don't have to answer any you don't want, of course!)

Questions are, as follows:

-When did you start playing SV?
-How long have you made it into the game? (aka Year 2, Spring, etc)
-Who is your favorite NPC?
-Who did you get married to? If you haven't, who would you like to marry? And if you decided not to, why?
-Do you own any farm animals?
-Which Community Center Bundles have you unlocked?
-Thoughts on JojaMart?
-(Optional! Share your Farm.upload account!)

Donator — ~love~ Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/22 23:01:42 )
Hrm, I've been meaning to play sometime! I love farming and battle rpg games D:< It's all so bright and I adore colors lol.

awesome art by okios <33

Voltie — He/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/22 23:02:07 )
I'mma go ahead and answer these myself, too! ^^

A few years back. I don't remember when, exactly.

I just made it into year 2 for my first time! Making it through winter kinda sucked, but it's nice to be in Spring again! :D

Hmm... I think it's tied between Alex and Sebastian. I love them both sooo much. For female singles, I ADORE Penny! Such a cinnamon roll!

Outside of the singles, though, I'd have to say... Jas or Vincent, probably. Maybe Robin?

-Who did you get married to? If you haven't, who would you like to marry? And if you decided not to, why?
I got married to Alex! I feel so bad, though, because now that we're married he just stands around the house all day doing nothing, except apparently hoping for children...? I really hope they add more to the marriage system, because he literally only leaves the house once a week and since he's someone who loves football and the beach, I wish he'd get out more!

Yesss and I love them! This is my first time having any farm animals at all and now I see why people love it. ; 3; (But darn are they expensive...!)

Everything except for the bulletin board and the vault. I'm not too concerned about the former, but I hope to unlock the vault soon and head to the desert finally! :D

-Thoughts on JojaMart?
Screw JojaMart :C I hope it goes under.

-(Optional! Share your Farm.upload account!)
Here's my most recent farm! :D

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/23 18:47:00 )
Crap, I don't effin' remember. I'd sayyyy six-nine months after release?

Waay past the storylines, I've had many children. Elliot keepin' me busy! XD

Elliot. He's romantic and sensitive. ALSO HE HAS BEAUTIFUL LONG LOCKS.

I husbanded Elliot faster than my boyfriend. :D

For reals? Heck naw, I'm allergic to fur and I live in duh city. D:

ALLLL OF THEM.

-Thoughts on JojaMart?
What corporate buttholes. D:
Apparently out of a gig. --v
RLC Commissions always available! PM me or add me on discord: micami#8341

Voltie — He/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/23 23:02:22 )
Elliot is so awesome, I don't blame you for going for him! ^^ He's a great writer too, which is always nice x3

Donator — sheep Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 05:38:51 )
I haven't played much of the game (like 10 hours of gameplay so far) but I really enjoy it! Right now I'm in the middle of Summer 1. I have plans to marry Elliot once get the right gifts for him lol. Currently I have four chickens as far as livestock goes. And I don't have much in the way of crops at the moment lol

@ me to get my attention or I probably won't respond

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 02:30:46 )
I recently got it for the xbox one, since my laptop is out of commission for gaming. I started a game and that's as far as I ever got on console. >.> I'm so worried that I'm going to miss out on events or I'm gonna screw up the first year that I haven't really played it- but I really want to. T^T I guess I just started to see all these videos on youtube that describe "what to and not to do your first year", or "things I wish I'd known before I started playing" and it all just made it seem like if I don't things exactly right I'm really gonna mess up my farm lol.

Voltie — He/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 02:37:35 )
@iggy: Oh wow, livestock in summer 1 already!? I'm impressed! I didn't get my first ones until late Winter! O: Farming is hard, haha. At least until you've really upgraded your tools. I do suggest keeping around 1-2 of each crop, though, because people will ask for them later!

@Valyndria: Oh man D: I can get that. But the fun thing is that it's just a game! Even if you don't follow those things, you'll still be enjoying it... You could just spend the entire game fishing and if that's what you love, then enjoy! o wo

There's also a wiki and I think a few free apps on itunes/android that can help you out!

Voltie — He/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 14:48:54 )
I hate to say it, but I have to be honest... I'm underwhelmed by the desert. :\

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 00:53:15 )
I actually heard about stardew valley a bit before it was released. Having played almost every harvest moon that's come out I was already super excited for it since I loved farming and stuff. I got it when it was released and put maybe 30 hours into it but I really don't enjoy playing computer games just because I don't like sitting at the computer. When it was announced that it would be coming to consoles of course I was excited. I think it was released in December? And I remember wanting to get it but it was digital only and I really like physical copies (weird I know) so then it was announced to be getting physical editions a couple of months later I believe so I put off getting it. When the physical copies came out they then announced a collectors edition! So again I put off buying it. When the collectors editions came out I was completely ready to finally get it and start playing again but I was under the impression that the collectors edition would come with a copy of the cute guide book that I had been wanting, whole reason I was waiting to get it but it turns out it was only a paper thin mini guide book and I was very disappointed so I ended up just getting it digitally. All that time waiting to get it for no reason, I mean I know it's my fault but it just sucked. Anyways i believe I played for like two months, just recently took a break from it. I'm in year 2 on winter 20 something I believe. I ended up marrying penny cause she's adorable and we're about to adopt a child. I'll probably play sometime again soon but I just feel burnt out atm :vanora_sweat:

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 07:15:49 )
Shortly after it came out, a friend gifted it to me during a really stressful busy season, I think?

I think I got as far as year 3 and then paused to wait for updates because it's soooo long and I didn't want to get all involved and then restart for multiplayer.

Canon, I really like Leah and Abigail. Was upset you couldn't marry the blue haired chick tho lol

I went for Leah on my first play through, but there's a mod that does reverse genders and I'm digging some of the female switched bachelors.

I think I ended up with most of them but I don't really remember.

Not a lot of them--I got distracted!

-Thoughts on JojaMart?
Eh? I went with the other thing, but I still remember shopping there a bit.

Voltie — He/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/28 00:31:01 )
@Slytherclaw: You actually can marry the blue-haired girl, Emily! :D They added that in after people voted for her to be a candidate. They also added Shane.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/28 00:37:30 )
Haha, yeah, I remembered reading about that! She's my next game waifu. <3
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Voltie — He/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/28 23:19:38 )
@Slytherclaw: I hope you enjoy wooing her! :D She's definately an interesting character... xD
Gender Fluid (He/they) | Asexual | Married | Jewish
❤Elithiya~!❤
Art Shop

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 02:00:26 )

A couple years ago when it was first big. Haven't played in a bit but I want to get back into it

I believe I'm in summer year 2 close to the end

That's really hard to say... Sam maybe, or Evelyn. I like dwarf but I can't talk to him yet ;-;

Sam! I almost married Alex but ugh I like Sam heck

Yes! A bunch of chickens, a duck or two, two/three cows and a sheep

Idek. The crops ones I think, and I almost have the fishing one...

-Thoughts on JojaMart?
Screw Jojamart >:O

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.