Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums News & Updates On the hunt! - Staff Apps (Mods & ITs)

Admin — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 07:45:22 )
Hey there, Volties! With all the excitement of the event going on, and all the mischievous imps out and about, we here on the staff team feel that there’s no better time to hunt out our next possible staff additions! If you’re interested in helping keep Voltra safe and friendly, you’re in the right place!

Right now, as of October 2017, we are currently seeking interested applicants for both a Moderator position and an Item Technician position. Applications will be taken for the next week, with the deadline for applications being November 1, 2017 at approximately 12am Voltra Time--which you can track on the front page! We’ll also post a 24 hour reminder when the deadline draws near!

Please note that we formally request applicants who are 18+ years old, and by applying to either position, you are asserting that you are not a minor in American terms or in your country of origin. Applicants who are found to be under 18 years old will be disqualified and may be disqualified even after their age of majority due to the previous dishonesty.
Information for this position is as follows:

Title: Moderator (General)

Job Description and Requirements: Monitoring threads and posted content on Voltra Online and enforcing current rules in concert with your fellow moderator staff. You must be able to be online frequently, keep your fellow staff updated on current happenings, and keep up with all staff discussions and materials related to your position.

You must be capable of remaining professional while representing yourself as a member of Voltra Online, and you must be capable of discretion in relation to non-public information you will learn while working on Voltra projects.

The use of Discord is a hard requirement, as is a good handle on the english language. Any additional written language fluencies are a bonus but not required.

Benefits: Moderators receive an Ohm grant on the first of the month in exchange for their services, in addition to the fun of being on the team and having a say in major projects prior to their public release.

Title: Item Technician (Upload Focus)

Job Description and Requirements: Uploading and installing new items into the Voltra system on a weekly basis while keeping adequate record of your progress and following organizational standards. You must be able to be online for a reasonable amount of time weekly, keep your fellow staff and recolorists updated on where you fall in your current projects, and keep up with all staff discussions and materials related to your position.

You must be capable of remaining professional while representing yourself as a member of Voltra Online, and you must be capable of discretion in relation to non-public information you will learn while working on Voltra projects.

The use of Discord is a hard requirement, as is a good handle on the english language. Access to photoshop and willingness to lend a hand to recoloring when necessary is a bonus but not a required part of the position.

Benefits: Technicians receive an Ohm grant on the first of the month in exchange for their services, in addition to the fun of being on the team and having a say in major projects prior to their public release.

Interested? Great! In order to apply for the staff position outlined above, please prepare the application noted below. As a reminder, we are accepting applications until November 1, 2017, which means that you don’t have to rush this application if you’re interested--the position will not be given away before you can finish, so long as you can make the deadline. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to reach out here and we’ll try and provide as many answers as we are capable of.

Please make a copy of our Moderator’s Application on google drive. Answer the questions in the copy of the application that you saved, set the copy to allow anyone with the link to view, and send that link to Fozzy in the discord. You can find his name linked in the official discord server for Voltra.

Please make a copy of our Technician’s Application on google drive. Answer the questions in the copy of the application that you saved, set the copy to allow anyone with the link to view, and send that link to Fozzy in the discord. You can find his name linked in the official discord server for Voltra.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 07:50:17 )

Good luck to any interested applicants. c:
Can't wait to work with you!
Let us know if you have any questions. <3

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 08:16:55 )
Are we allowed to only apply to one, or can we apply to both?

Click the image to go to my art shop!

Admin — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 08:17:51 )
@Lunakiri: Feel free to apply for both!
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 08:19:19 )
Awesome, good to know!
Thanks for the quick reply ^ ^

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 08:27:55 )

good luck to all the applicants!

ping me
Art in sig by Seo
Art in post by Cedes
Hangout

Voltie — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 08:29:32 )
This is Candy Corn. and this is Gala

Darn I wish I was 18

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 08:32:41 )
I'm eagerly waiting for you guys to open apps for an artist position. xD

And yes. Good luck to all!

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 08:43:37 )

Technically speaking, if you're looking for an item artist position, I don't think we're actively looking and hunting, but if you do a few samples of your pixel work, Fozzy has so far offered positions to artists who show that they can match Voltra's style and expressed an interest! I don't know about any other artists positions or anything, though, haha.

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 08:55:01 )
"capable of remaining professional while representing yourself as a member of Voltra Online" *looks at my post history*
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Donator — MOOCOW Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 09:45:26 )
Oooh maybe I should apply for this o.o'

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 09:53:31 )

Good luck everyone <3

Donator — V.A.G Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 10:02:19 )
Best of luck to all the applicants :)

Donator — MOOCOW Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 10:23:43 )
@Fozzy: Hey Fozzy, in regards to Item Technician is it similar to where I have worked before with how the systems work?

Just wondering as to whether I would have a decent idea how it works or not :3

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 10:29:23 )

I don't have Fozzy's experience on other sites to say for sure, but I'm familiar with the upload process, if it helps! Items are cut into chunks for appropriate layering, and then uploaded into our system with each color a separate item that's grouped later. You have to upload each layer onto that item and assign it the appropriate gender and layer. You also have to upload split items like shoes, stockings, and eyes, as separate items that are made into sets after.
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Donator — MOOCOW Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 10:31:20 )
Ok it sounds fairly similar but I'm not 100% sure :3

Fozzy also feel free to add me on Discord if you would like to chat about anything... I don't use Skype anymore lol

Poison#9802

Please @ me when you talk to me.
I'm a terrible person with memory like a sieve.

Donator — King Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 10:47:20 )
Why did i do it straght away im so nervoys im gonna throw up :vanora_sick:
Dressed as goblins!
Do it all again!
See the friends all again!

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 10:53:16 )

@Dread Pirate: Don't be nervous.
Take it calm and easy.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 12:40:35 )
Good luck to everybody who applies
"I'm the loser of the game you didn't know you were playing."

Ping me for a response.

"Someday, somewhere, somehow..."

Donator — Winchester Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/26 19:59:31 )

Why do I keep imagining @Fozzy: , when I see the title of this thread, as:

But good luck to everyone who applies!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.