Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2022: Hide and Shriek! ┤▒├ Wildfire's Wonderings, Wanderings & Investigations...

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 18:29:06 )
@macsen191: I'm glad you're feeling better :3

Yeah, fear and isolation do weird things to people... we all forgot how to actually interact with each other, and if we didn't forget, we're scared to... and not just from the possibility of getting sick (which is always the case, since forever), but from unrestrained judgements and verbalized/physicalized hate, really. People seem much less forgiving and open-minded (from all social/political/etc. perspectives)... It's really sad. Hopefully we get over this asap, and handle the next round better (because there will be a next round of pandemics/whatever, from one source or another) ...................... I just realized what we're doing, as a culture.... we are going through the mourning process....... on a world-wide level.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 18:31:15 )
ANYWAY.... Random Question? Yes, random question....
-------------------------------- >>>> Do you like to give presents or receive presents?

@Ruby: Yeah... I do need a vacation. Definitely.

I think the whole "transfer information" thing is one reason I tend to stick with my existing tech longer than I probably should... it's a long and tedious process to transfer everything, reinstall everything, etc. I sympathize with you and hope your process goes quickly and smoothly!

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 18:38:13 )

Questing :
Squirrel Away x2 | Untamed Outlaw | Song of Sixpence: |

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Wildfire:
@star2000shadow: It sounds like you're having fun, so that's good :3 Is this part of the event you were waiting to start?

no its an island you can get to if you have so many of a region's pokemon. your supposed to be able to occasionally catch one that's Pink..but so far I haven't managed, so I'm just working on getting all the pokemon there. <:3( )~~

Artist Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 18:40:31 )
@Wildfire: Where would you go if you could go anywhere in the world, price not a problem?

Yeah it's such a pain lol I've had my new laptop for about a year now actually, but I just took files I needed at the time. Now I'm finding other stuff I want to have access to again so I had to pull Rip Van Winkle out of retirement lol
That's the reason I stick with iphone when getting a new one tho, I like that it transfers for me lol I usually get one every 4 years tho xD

Artist Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 18:43:51 )
Wildfire:
ANYWAY.... Random Question? Yes, random question....
-------------------------------- >>>> Do you like to give presents or receive presents?

I like both! I love picking something out or making something for someone and seeing their reaction to something I put so much thought into. The anticipation of not telling them right away kills me tho xD I found it easier to wait to open my own presents than to have to keep what I got/made them a secret xD
I do, but man is it hard lol

I also love getting presents tho, who doesn't love free stuff xD
Plus it's awesome when the thought is returned and they picked something out special for you <3
Not always the case but then it cycles back to, free stuff xD

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 19:10:23 )
@star2000shadow: Aaah... well, good luck then (again, I really don't know much about pokemon, and certainly not about the games)

@Ruby: Price and other potential restrictions removed entirely? I'd love to just travel the world, really. I'd love to spend at least 6 months wandering around Europe, a good couple of months around Malaysia/Indonesia, India/Tibet, some time investigating Belize and Peru and Brazil... pretty much everywhere... It would be more of a question of where wouldn't I go? Are you a wannabe traveler as well?

Yeah, I get the whole "sticking to one technology" approach...

Artist Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 19:14:30 )
@Wildfire: Oh totally! I'd love to see the world <3 Realistically though I have a really hard time traveling anymore. So maybe someday if I could ever afford it/if I was in better health. I've got lots of obstacles lol
I'd love to go to Japan, I love the idea of quiet restaurants xD like those booths you can eat alone without having to talk to anyone xD Japan is an introvert's dream lol

Yeah mostly that was due to cost but I also hate change so xD Like even when I got my new phone this year, even tho I couldn't stand the old one I was sad to give it up lol I usually keep my old tech but had to trade this one in otherwise I'd have had to pay the extra $800 the trade in was giving me....so yeah lol. (had an XR and traded for a 13)
And now that I'm used to it I love it lol plus it's all pink so that helps xD

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 19:22:38 )
@Ruby: Oh -that would be an awesome experience too! I'd like to see Japan as well... but with any of these places, I'd need to be able to spend some time there... I'm one that likes to absorb the culture and experiences instead of just breezing through them to be able to say "been there, seen that" XD

LOL - I'm glad the pink is helping your transition! :3 XD <3

Artist Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 19:24:14 )
@Wildfire: My mom and I are those type of people too :3 We like to really feel where we are and get to experience it. And with chronic fatigue having to rush gives me anxiety and pain xD A month in each place at least would be amazing. If money were no object too I'd love to fly private jet or something xD

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 19:32:44 )
@Ruby: Exactly. Exactly. Exactly!
Airports and TSA and all that junk is tedious and frustrating and annoying and exhausting ... yeah... private jet! Let's go! XD

Artist Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 19:35:43 )
@Wildfire: Gotta go in style right?!
Yeah I can't fly anymore, it's too crowded, too dirty, not enough time between layovers anymore, and the seats are so ridiculously packed together I can barely sit even if the person isn't reclining. (I have long legs and my last flight not only did I get hella sick (before covid even) but I was crying in pain because the guy in front of my reclined and was crushing me. SOOO yeah. No thanks lol If anyone wants to see me they come here xD

Donator — Pomepome Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 19:43:39 )
@Wildfire: oh iam afraid i have a pneumonia again.... tomorror i will go to the doc well if its a pneumonia this time i will die for Sure because next week the heavy christmas weeks are starting and i need to be at work

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 19:44:31 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Wildfire: that's cool I just have fun on it. and i love the 'additions' they do for holidays to the pokemon. its always different each year. not that I ever catch a LOT of the event pokemon but even getting one makes me happy. <:3( )~~

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 19:52:32 )
@Ruby: definitely need to go in style... and at least relative comfort. It has been a long time since I've been on a domestic flight of any kind (like at least a decade) but I swear the seats are getting smaller, despite the average size of people getting bigger... and I'm just so completely over this idea of "Rush here! Rush there! Do something! Do anything! Run, Run!" that seems to be an immovable part of our society... *sigh*

@Trixie Kay: Oh no! I hope you're wrong and whatever you have isn't nearly that serious...

@star2000shadow: I'm glad you're enjoying the game and that you're not taking it so seriously that it's stressing you out. I've seen that happen to people, and it's just so... pointless....

Donator — Pomepome Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 19:54:56 )
@Wildfire: thank you we will see! But here its snowing and this is sooo nice! Did it snow at your area too?

Artist Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 20:06:19 )
@Wildfire: Seriously tho it's exhausting. I used to still be nervous flying but it was calmer and I had room to sit. My last flight was 2018 and I was like no, never again unless non stop first class because I CANNOT deal with the stress of running across the damn airport in 20 min and being squished like a sardine in a can. First class used to be like luxury and now it's what standard seats should be. It's insane.
And yet it's always more and more expensive too. Less more but more costs. And they don't have any time to clean the planes between flights anymore, so I get severely sick with all my autoimmune stuff.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 20:27:34 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Wildfire: oh don't get me wrong I do have moments like that when i get to far into a game. it's why i try to onlyh play until i start stressing, then gno do something else. keeps me from flipping out haha. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 21:21:57 )
@Trixie Kay: No snow here... XD

...yes, even in mid-December. :3 It has been about 22-26°C lately...

I'm glad you're enjoying the snow though! :3 <3

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 21:26:56 )
@Ruby: Flying really is stressful, isn't it? Between TSA, stupid time-frames for connecting flights, the weird layouts of the airports, the claustrophobic seating arrangements... Yeah, I'm with you :3 I guess our plans to travel the world will be put on hold (although if money was no price, that private jet ... or at least first class... would be an option!). Or, we go via some other mode of transportation...

@star2000shadow: That's normal, I think. The games are meant to "captivate your attention", but what that usually turns in to is "stress", so that's awesome that you recognize that and can stop the process when it starts happening to you and your games :3 <3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — Pomepome Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 22:10:09 )
@Wildfire: oh gosh i would die. .. i hate the summer xD but it looks like holiday!
+Pls ping me+
Nothing Fancy to see here!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.