Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature What are you currently reading?

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/21 06:42:16 )
Discuss what books you are currently reading. Remember to put any Spoilers under spoiler tags!

Begin!

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/21 06:54:29 )
I'm listening to the audiobooks for The Chronicles of Nick, which is, weirdly, a YA spinoff series one of my favorite adult paranormal romance authors decided to write as prequel to her overarching universe. I'm still not sure /why/ she wrote them (because, you know, her fans are adults who are totally down with her smut and probably not into YA???) but it works out for me because I can listen to them at work without feeling uncomfortable. Chronicles of Nick: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronicles_of_Nick

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/21 08:43:19 )
At the moment, nothing, which makes me super upset with myself as I love to read and could read all day and be content. Life has just kind of been in the way. I need to hop back on the reading train. I did buy Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and got like 2 chapters in like a month ago, so probably going to pick that back up again.

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/21 08:53:20 )
I kind of dropped the ball, but I'm two books into a series called Johannes Cabal which is pretty much perfect for my tastes. It's a dark comedy about a necromancer who's just... kind of the worst person. In the first book he sold his soul to the devil in exchange for his powers, but decides he'd rather have them both so they make a deal: collect 100 souls through a travelling carnival, and he can keep both. It's a LOT of fun if you're into macabre, borderline steampunk stories!

I've mostly been reading comics though. IDW's run of Transformers is surprisingly some of the most engaging storytelling and world-building I've seen in a while. And even more surprisingly, MTMTE/Lost Light has probably the best LGBTQ representation I've ever seen from a mainstream series.

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/21 08:54:46 )
@Ghost: That Johannes Cabal book you mention sounds very intriguing. I may have to look that one up!
|

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/21 09:00:38 )
@Miss kitty: I'd definitely recommend it! I'm usually a slow reader but I couldn't put it down. The only reason I haven't finished the other books is because of time
later.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/21 09:18:31 )
@ghost: That one does indeed sound like an interesting read!

I myself am sadly not reading anything. If I had access to a library and did not have to pay $30 for a library card for being "out of city limits", I would probably be reading more. But because of that, I have not been to a library in over a year.

Donator — He Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/21 12:25:14 )
Just finished reading simon vs homo sapiens agenda
Gonna say, the best book ive ever read about coming of age / coming out story xD

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/22 00:39:56 )
I'm reading A Game of Thrones and Cloud Atlas, the latter of which I've read countless times and is my number one book ever.

I just got a few new ones on iBooks but I haven't started any of them yet.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — she, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/22 07:33:13 )
Currently reading The Princess Saves Herself In This One by Amanda Lovelace.
Its a quick but emotional read.
Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/23 04:39:46 )
The Vampire Lestat. The second book in Anne Rice's vampire chronicles. I'm actually rereading it.

Follow the adventures of a young French man from, (idk the past?) as he goes from a human to vampire. Often alone and left to discover things on his own. His love of humanity and extreme courage set him apart from everyone he meets, human and vampire.
Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/23 21:29:03 )
When I actually remember to read and am not on Voltra, I'm reading The Bourbon Kings by J.R. Ward.

So far it's pretty good, but I'm not super far in.
Quest Link
Please Mention. I tend to poof and need reminding.
44.1/50k

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 07:13:35 )
Hey, does fanfiction count? Because I'm in the middle of a reread of Manager, which is a really, really good fanfiction for Worm.
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 07:20:02 )
@slytherclaw: Fanfiction always counts! <3
I'm a huge fanfiction addict. >///<

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 04:25:48 )
Orange Is The New Black. Figured it was time, since I've seen the show. :) It's really good.
Zetsu's Corner
Pastel Squad!

Donator — Pokemon Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/28 23:45:44 )
It by Stephen King.

First time reading it. Thought it'd be appropriate to read since the first part of the new movie is coming out in a week or so.
Man, I'm a little upset they're doing a two part movie though.

Also sucks since seeing the trailers there is still stuff they're omitting and adding to the movie that doesn't happen in the books.
Still seems sort of promising though. We'll see.

art by: blinkini (idk why i never put this here 3 years ago)

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 04:47:17 )
I've been in a bit of a reading slump, mostly due to not being able to juggle everything at once, though I've recently started reading The Divergent series. I'm on the second book, Insurgent.

I've had the series for a long while but was spoiled to the ending during the movies production. I had a bit of a rage quit moment and left the books to gather dust because I didn't see a point in reading them if I knew the ending of the series.

Yet after I watched the first two movies I found myself still curious so I gave it a go. I have enjoyed the books so far.
Please @ me.
My mind wanders so that ensures I come back.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 11:50:58 )
Currently working my way through The Brothers Karamazov, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, Jane Eyre, Roots, A Clash of Kings, and First Rider's Call.
So many books, so little time!

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 22:56:46 )
At that point with many of the books that I was reading, that I might as well just start over cause it's been so long that I've forgotten what was happening. But I was reading The Fractal Prince by Hannu Rajaniemi; another go through House of Suns by Alastair Reynolds; and slowly chipping away at my Lovecraft anthology. Kind of regret getting all of it in one book, though, cause the damn thing is too heavy to sit there and read comfortably for long periods of time. c':
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 02:53:26 )
I just started listening to the audio version of The Dictator's Handbook. I listened to bits and pieces of it on an exceptionally long car ride but was half asleep, so I'm relistening to it with full attention.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.