Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Passed my last exam today! - Old Thread

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/25 23:28:53 )

I'm so close to finishing you guys! My only class that's left is my capstone (which is like a dissertation, but also with excel figures). I'm happy that I'm almost done, but also there is about to be a lot of change in my life (good change). As you all know, it's been my whole life minus holidays for a year. My journey is almost complete! Thank you guys for always supporting me!
P.S. I have until Sept 30th to finish it, but I want to finish before then because I was contacted by a recruiter this week and he wants to submit my resume to a marketing company. It would be 100% remote, full time, and more pay than I was getting before my degree!! Things are really changing fast, but in a good way. :)

Edit 2: We have a name. It’s Totally Boba.
Today I finished a whole section which was many pages. Pretty good for the first day.
Edit 3:The outline I was given was in sections, up to Section G. Finished Section B on Friday the 27th. :) It was like 8 hours or so of work.
Monday the 29th, I started working on Section C. It's going well, I also booked my flight for my Graduation Ceremony in Nov! I'm allowed to apply for it when I'm on my final class, which is this one.

Another edit: Finished Sections D and E yesterday! Looked into hotels for the ceremony and ordered my cap and gown! If anyone has any ideas of how I should style/customize my cap, I'm all ears!

August 31st update: I did it you guys! I did all of the sections and the excel math! I'm soo happy!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/25 23:39:38 )

@neon: *catches some* Thanks!

I know! So close but still so far. I have to make a business and run it. I have to talk about all sides of running the business (legal, management, supply chain, history of industry, products I'm selling, excel sheet with the accounting, etc etc). I'm going to run a boba tea shop!

Thank you! I hope so too. I want a remote job lol!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/25 23:55:20 )
    @Totalanimefan: this is great news!!! Congratulations, you’ve worked so hard and now it’s paying off! I’m so happy for you. Good luck for the dissertation!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/25 23:56:12 )

@sunny: Thank you <3 That means so much to me. (I'm loving your avatar).
If you wanted to help me think of a name for my boba tea shop, that would be great. I'm horrible at coming up with names.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/25 23:58:33 )
    @Totalanimefan: I’m no good with names either!!! I’m sure something will strike you….
    Thanks for the compliment on my avatar, I challenged myself to make it in five minutes lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/25 23:59:29 )

@sunny: Thanks. I'm thinking something with Cha in the name since that's the word half the world uses for tea lol
Wow that's so quick. I can never make quick avatars anymore. Too many items lol

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/26 00:04:01 )
    @Totalanimefan: Chai something…… hmm. I’m thinking
    The hardest part was deciding on the facial features lol. Everything else flowed pretty easily.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/26 00:15:23 )

@sunny: Yeah Chai is related to the fact that all the countries around it call it Cha. Same word, but with their accent applied.
We use Tea instead apparently cause the Dutch or Portuguese call it Ti (I can't remember which country) and then they brought it back from the east.

Yeah that's always the hardest part. I tend to do it last.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/26 00:23:41 )
    @Totalanimefan: oh I didn’t realise chai and cha were separate things! TIL xD that’s an interesting bit of tea history!!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/26 01:04:55 )

@sunny: Chai is the Indian word for tea. Cha is the word for tea in China, Japan, Korea, Thai, and some other countries in Southeast Asia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etymology_of_tea
You can learn more on this Wiki page.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/26 12:47:56 )
    @Totalanimefan: thank you for the link!!! :)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/26 17:06:18 )

@sunny: No problem, I like learning about random things, and it's even more fun when it's something that you like. ^^
Hope you are doing well today. ^^

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/26 20:02:18 )
    @Totalanimefan: i am doing well today thank you :) just got back from a mammoth grocery shop lol. How are you doing?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/26 20:24:25 )

@KDA Drew: Thank you! I love all the support that I get on Voltra. Couldn't do it without you guys.
Actually, I was brain storming today and I came up with that name and I'm TOTALLY going to use it. Haha. I think that's a really good name ^^

@sunny: Yay food in the house! That's always a nice feeling. I have written about 5 pages of my capstone today. I'm just taking a small break and I'm going to write more :)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/26 20:31:38 )
    @Totalanimefan: 5 pages, that’sa lot! How long will it be when it’s finished, do you know?
    I also bought hair dye! I’m going light auburn :) my hair is currently dark brown.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/26 21:23:59 )
@Totalanimefan: Eeee, I'm so happy and excited for you!! And this imaginary boba shop is gonna be so much fun
I love that you and I and KDA Drew all came up with "Total/Totally Boba"
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/26 21:54:09 )
@Totalanimefan: getting you job offer. That's pretty nice that it is completely remote. Are you getting a Master Degree?
Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/26 22:18:45 )

@sunny: My school mentor thinks that it will take me 2 weeks with how much work and time I put into school. :) I'm up to 9 pages now. I think I've finally finished the first section and I have like 5 more.
That will be a nice color. ^^ You gotta post pics? (You don't have to)

@Qiqi Agatha: Thanks. I don't have the job offer yet, just submitted the resume! I'm working toward by B.S. I can joke that I'm getting my BS degree lolol
I could do a Masters with this school, I'm just not sure if I want to yet.

@Alchemists Fire: All this talk of boba is making me really want some lol. I do like that I can get behind the idea. It would suck if I wasn't into it lol

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/26 22:30:10 )
    @Totalanimefan: 9 pages? You are powering through! I hope the rest of it flows as smoothly! You really do work fast, i admire your work ethic!
    I will post pics! I think I will dye it tomorrow :)

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/27 00:28:48 )

@sunny: Thank you! It doesn't feel like enough, there is still so much to do and it takes a lot of brain power. I do want to power through this as quickly as possible though. I'm in control of my finish date lol.

Awesome. Can't wait to see it, although I am going to be busy most of the day with Pokemon Go. There is an event.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.