Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Passed my last exam today! - Old Thread

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/31 18:17:22 )

@Borealis: That would be really cool. Your location would really matter for a unique shop like that.
Yes please do, like I said before, I really liked it and would recommend it to anyone. I feel like I couldn't go back to the regular way in school. It takes too long. After my AA transfer credits it only took me a year to get the rest of the degree. Of course, I was working hard on it, and I treated it like a job, but yeah just one year. I think it takes most people 1-2 years depending on how busy they are. Lots of people transfer credits, and if they don't have any to transfer they normally take courses on like Sophia.com or something first and then transfer those. (cause it's cheaper for the gen ed classes)

@Alchemists Fire: Oh yeah, I think that you had said something about those on discord or on here? I think that I need some boba tea in my life today. I don't know where I should get it from, but it's hard to work on this project and not have any lol. I think I might be ordering from Doordash too lol
Those are good orders. I tend not to get milk in mine unless it's matcha or taro. I love it less sweet or no sweet and just have the sweetness come from the boba. I like to get Oolongs or Green teas.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/31 18:33:21 )

@Borealis: Yeah of course, no pressure cause it's a big step. I thought about it for like 2 weeks lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/31 18:38:48 )

@Borealis: I might. I would like to start having a job again, but who knows, I might be able to get the company to pay for some of it in the future. If I do get my masters, it would be with WGU cause I like that I can do things on my own time.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/31 20:18:22 )

@Borealis: They are accredited. I would never go to a school that wasn't. Not national, regional, which is actually better. I don't know why but I googled it and that's what every source told me XD
The Uni is 25 years old this year, and was always 100% online.
I love the flexibility. Every time I had company over, or went on vacation I could just drop it and it was ok, then when I was at home I worked on it Mon-Fri like it was my 9-5 job with breaks.
For people that work and do it, they normally give an hour a night after work and then work on it on the weekends and days off.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/31 20:22:09 )

@Borealis: Oh a trade is another good way to go. Which trade would you want to do?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/31 21:07:24 )

@Borealis: I did retail for a long time. It really sucks. I moved into temp work in order to get away from that.
Those sound like good jobs too. I heard that vet tech can be hard cause it's sad when the animals don't get better, but the rest of the job is good, and it's really in demand since so many people have pets now.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/31 23:40:28 )

@Borealis: Yeah same. When I was little I wanted to work with animals at a vet's place but as I got order and realized what the job would actually be like, I wasn't a fan anymore.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/31 23:45:18 )

@Borealis: Yeah I guess you would, cause that's the only thing that keeps you sane. But also you get to see all the new with the old. Lots of excitement around new pets. :)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/1 00:47:57 )

@Borealis: Yes! And all the cute kittens too!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/1 00:48:25 )

Ok, big update you guys, I finished writing my Capstone! I did the math in excel and I finished writing all the sections!!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/5 05:15:54 )
@Totalanimefan: I think I had mentioned both of them when we were talking about names for your boba shoppe for your project!
How many different boba places do you have nearby? I have a handful I can order from, but sadly not my favourite ones T_T
I tend to get half sweet most of the time too. I haven't had oolong for a long time, I miss the one David's Tea had, but I think they've retired it now (It was called "Long Life Oolong")
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.