Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk So many reasons that I haven't been around

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/22 18:01:30 )

I'm going to attempt this. I don't expect people to reply or have input or anything. I simply want to get some ranting out. See how I handle it.

I'll probably come back and continue with more ranting as Ianage to handle more. I've really missed hanging out on voltra. It was a home. But now I feel like a stranger.
It doesn't help that my social anxiety has been running at an ultimate high. I've been struggling to talk to anyone. I'm scared to tell anyone my feelings. My worries. My stresses.

I'm terrified that people will assume I'm attention seeking. Or making things up. Or being dramatic. Or lying. Or just, in general negative things that I never intend. It hurts so badly when people assume the worst about me.

For example recently I was working on a contract to get paid for art. I was told one thing about someone. Made a comment about that one thing. And was told that I was wrong about that one thing and that it was never a thing and how dare I assume that thing. And then I was fired before the hiring process was complete because they assumed I was a jerk. It hurt..... Alot....
And it was a friend's sister. And now I can't talk to that friend. Cause it brings up that pain again.

But it's not the only case of losing friends.
I don't know if I'm doing it. Or if it's happening because of outside factors. But it's been slowly adding up more and more until I feel like I'm drowning and can't handle talking to anyone at all.

A big one has been my husband. Or rather soon to be ex husband. He cut me off from my friends and family for the last 10 years. And Ive been so wrapped up in my pain and misery now. I can't tell what's real and what's not.

I can't tell who is a friend and who is going to hurt me next. I'm terrified of people. I don't trust anyone anymore. There is so much pain.

I'm working on healing. I'm trying. I want to have friends again and trust people. And come back to being able to socialize. But I can't reach out. And everyone has such busy lives that if there is people who would reach out to me, they don't do it often. Or think that I've just been ghosting them. Or being stuck up. Or something. Idk. I don't know . My life is very confusing right now. This is all I can rant right now because I'm starting to cry and my little one is sitting on the potty and needs me.

So I'll try to be back. I'll try to keep talking. I'll try to get my online social life back.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/22 19:56:36 )

@Shadami: we have all missed you and your we welcome you back! Voltra can always be your internet home. :)
I’m sorry that life sucks right now. It will great better in the future.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/22 20:49:35 )

@Totalanimefan: Hey TAF, thanks. I've been so overwhelmed lately. It's so hard to talk about anything without crying, and i'm usually this stay positive push all the negative away and pretend it doesn't exist because i want everyone to be happy and lift the mood. haha. I'm going through the healing stages though which means i'm crying alot.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/22 20:55:43 )

Another reason I haven't been around a lot is Covid (or the backstreet boys world tour. or whatever the game grumps call it xD). I have an absolute phobia of diseases, viruses, ect. It terrifies me. I have a weak immune system and seem to get sick so easily. I was petrified to leave the house. Especially with a newborn. The fear got so bad that I basically shut down and retreated into my proverbial turtle shell to hide from the world and everything that was so negative. I haven't had the copium available to deal with anything.
I've had to much to deal with in my life. I've been super strong and kept it all locked up inside. ANd I hit my breaking point.

AN unhappy marriage. Children that were clashing personalities with me and were treating me horribly because thats what they saw everyone else doing to me. and never seeing anyone else. Losing my support system. I shut down.

I couldn't talk to anyone anymore. It's very very hard to admit how weak i've become when i've always been the one that has to be the rock. the one supporting everyone as the foundation. My little foundation sank, and i needed help getting out.

annnnnd once again i'm gonna leave it at that for this post so i can wipe my tears off and refocus again. haha.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/22 22:33:32 )

@Shadami: Crying is good! Crying means that you can still show emotion. It's horrible all that you are going through right now.
It's very hard with covid right now. Hopefully the new vaccine will be out in Sept. And then you will be better protected against Covid.

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 02:33:01 )
@Shadami:
Sounds like you've been through a lot. Welcome back.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 04:54:44 )

@Totalanimefan: I have the first vaccine but i haven't been able to get the boosters yet. I just haven't had the time. and i'm worried about getting sick from it and not being able to take care of my girls now as a single mom.

@Vegan: Thank you. And I have, yeah. I hadn't really acknowledged just how much I've been through in my life to myself either. It's been a lot to come to terms with, and try to heal, recover, and move past.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 07:24:32 )
@Shadami: I am sending you so many good vibes, friend.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 08:55:42 )

@Anarchist Beauty: thanks Ana. I'm trying to do my best to shake the stress and anxiety and get through the healing process

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 09:34:55 )

Some positive reasons I haven't been around

I started playing star trek online
I met my soulmate
I'm getting a divorce from an abusive relationship of 10 years that I was incredibly unhappy in.
Been playing deep rock galactic
I'm working on my YouTube
I'm working on getting a coloring book published

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 18:55:40 )

@Shadami: Yeah of course. I would ask your Dr about the updated one. I don't think that I would recommend the current vaccine as a booster, it's not really that great against Omicron.

I just love your positive list! Tell me about your soulmate and how you guys met.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 21:01:56 )

Well. I was following someone on twitch who was the first person I followed. And we've been hanging out and chatting for probably 10 years. We were having a great time. And then a member of the community said and did some really nasty things. and I called them out. But... they were precious and flirty, and so they got the vote of confidence. and so... I left the community. with a lot of pain and hurt. And Instead of creating more drama, I just send the mods and stuff a goodbye because i'd been around making emotes for the channel and everything for a long time.

He was one of the mods. and somehow we had never actually spoken. so he was all "woah woah waoh. Why are you leaving?" and we got to talking. and then.. both of our worlds flipped over. Sadness and depression to "you're my soulmate and i've been looking for you my whole life . where have you been. a piece of me that has been missing is finally here. I love you" and we haven't missed a single day talking to each other. We've been together as instant best friends since Jan 10th, 2021. And years and years and years of abuse, physical and emotional from even when I was younger are finally being addressed and he's helping me to heal. And it's been absolutely amazing. I didn't believe in true love or soul mate until I met him. I thought it was just a story, a fantasy.

But healing means that there's been a lot of pain to deal with. But with him I've been able to actually face it all. slowly... step by step. but its a lot of open wounds instead of burying it further. and its exhausting. but so wonderful.

and he's just.. so... so.. perfect. *dreamy sigh* :viohearteyes:

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 21:22:10 )

So, continuing with trying to post positive things of why I've been gone. Since I've been with my soulmate, he's helped encrouage me not to give up on creative things I enjoy doing, and instead encourages me to keep going with them even if it ends up just being for him and I to see and enjoy.
So I went from a youtube video maybe once a year. to i've been getting one out almost every month. I've been having so much fun making them as well! I've really wanted to do them, even if its just for me to go ".... where did I leave off last time i played this game???" cause i have such huge breaks between being able to play a game and the next time I can play it. I always forget where i left off and then can't look back. But with these videos i can! Even if they're silly videos, it still gives me a better idea.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 22:13:50 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

im so sorry you have gone through so much.
But i am glad you are healing and working toward healing more.
I know it's a rough road ahead but im sure you can do it!

Glad to see you back on voltra

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/24 01:09:26 )

@MoodyB: Thanks it's a very long rough road for sure. I don't know how active i'll be because each day i have different strength/energy levels. But i'm going to try to start being around again.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/24 01:11:08 )

Oh. Another thing that's happened is that i've started coming out of the closet to family members. only a couple at the moment. I'm scared to tell most of them because i am unsure weather they will accept me or not.

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/24 03:03:02 )
, @Shadami: it sounded like you are/were in an abusive relationship? I am so sorry that you are experiencing that.
I hope that I am not imposing, but here are a few resources if you feel that your soon to be ex might put you endanger.
Resources #1, #2, & #3

PLEASE stay safe and hopefully you will have better days.
Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/24 05:00:26 )

Thankfully i'm not in danger. Things are much better now that he's been out of the house for 4 months. hopefully things will keep getting better.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/30 23:14:18 )

It absolutely figures, but I've had a horrible migraine for a couple days now and pulled a muscle in my back or something. I feel sometimes like I can't catch a break to breath and recover.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/31 05:57:09 )

That’s awful. :(

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.