Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I tried Graham Crackers for the first time (& other American snacks)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/28 20:01:43 )
    They are delicious. How did I go 30 years without knowing how yummy they are? I dunked them in tea which is probably sacrilegious to any USians but Brits gotta dunk.

I also tried Flaming Hot Cheetos (hard pass, nice and spicy but have an oniony aftertaste??? Also I am wary about putting that much food colouring in my body) and Goldfish (meh).

What else should I try?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/28 21:42:44 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

Twinkies are an American classic (but tbh I think they are overrated) You can't go wrong with kraft mac and cheese. Pop tarts are a good option as well but there are like 30+ flavors in the US

...If you wanna keep your head

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/28 22:18:45 )
    @Spider: I’ve tried Twinkies before, they’re not for me. We have Pop Tarts here and I love them, especially the Choco ones. I need to try that Mac and Cheese tho, I had it in my cart then apparently removed it? I need to get it next time!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/28 22:48:12 )
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Moonpies!! One of my all time favorites.
Thinking about playing Pokemon Crystal again.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/28 23:09:58 )
    @PashminaPanda: not heard of those! I’ll check them out :)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/28 23:28:40 )
    @Stinky: I’ll check those out. I’m ordering from a store that imports from America, so I have the full selection of goodies available. You generally can’t buy these items in regular stores here :)

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/28 23:29:23 )

not a US treat, but im obsessed with the Australian style licorice
    I like the wiley walleby brand even tho it's made in the US

what's the company? i can look at their selections and send my suggestions!

@ me tho. | Hangout. | OCs. | Avatars.
looking to buy: ARIES

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/28 23:33:20 )
    @Deaa: there are several different stores, I like to shop around. They will each have different items in stock. This time around I ordered from USAfoodstore.co.uk but there is also https://americanogoodies.com/ and https://www.americangrocer.co.uk/ among others (I want to try the chocolate Grahams but they have been out of stock for a while).

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/29 00:40:54 )
Oh yes, graham crackers are delicious, and if you throw a toasted marshmallow and chocolate bar in between two of 'em, you get s'mores, and those are godly. *o* I wouldn't consider dunking them in tea sacrilegious, and honestly that sounds really tasty, so I should try it sometime.

Cracker Jacks are good, which is caramel popcorn with peanuts mixed in. I don't always care for the peanuts though, so sometimes I'll look for regular caramel popcorn, though I can't think of any brands off the top of my head. Totino's Pizza Rolls are also delicious. They come frozen though, which I'm not sure how feasible that is for you, but if you end up getting them, they come in a variety of flavors and can be oven baked or microwaved. Of course I suggest oven baked.

Do you prefer sweet or savory snacks, or do you not have a preference?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/29 00:49:06 )
    @Aisukohi: ah, I actually hate marshmallows with every fibre of my being lmao. The Cracker Jacks sound delicious tho! They are on my list!
    I don’t think frozen food would be feasible with shipping from London to my house (halfway up the country). But I do love pizza in all its forms! I wish I could try Pizza Rolls!!!!
    I generally lean more towards savoury, but there are times when I get a super strong sugar craving (probably timed around Aunt Flo but I don’t keep track). I basically like all snacks!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/29 00:58:03 )
@sunny: Aww, too bad about the marshmallows, but that's okay! It took me a while to like marshmallows anything but toasted, but I got used to the texture I guess. I really prefer the toasted taste though. Hope you like the Cracker Jacks!

Awww, that sucks that you probably can't get the pizza rolls. D; Maybe one day if you're ever closer to London?

Hmm, for savory, I might suggest Cheez Itz, Club Crackers, Lays Sour Cream & Onion or Barbecue, and Pringles of the same aforementioned flavors. In general when it comes to chips, those two are my favorite flavors lol. I also love Funyuns, but I see you don't quite care for onion taste?

For sweet, Oreos are always good (they have different flavors), and Chips Ahoy! chocolate chip cookies (they have different varieties as well). You can never go wrong with some candy bars, and some of my favorites in no particular order are Twix, Kit-Kat, Butterfinger, York Peppermint Patties, and Hershey's Cookies n' Creme. I'm so-so with Hershey's milk chocolate because of its unique taste, which some will say tastes strangely like vomit. Come to find out that one of its ingredients is actually found in vomit, which isn't to say that they produce it with that bi-product...it just happens to be there? Idk, but I totally wouldn't blame you if I just turned you off from Hershey's. xD

Voltie — They/He Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/29 01:25:57 )

My personal List, excluding the ones I remember others mentioning:
-FIG NEWTONS
-Nilla Wafers (good for dunking in milk!!!)
-Cinnamon Roll Poptarts (if it's not a flavor that you have)
-Hamburger Helpers (personal favorites are Cheeseburger Mac, Taco Helper, and Cheesy Tuna Pasta)
-Reese's Pieces
-Honeybuns (iced or glazed, both are good)
-Rice Krispies Treats
-Hostess Donettes and Krispie Kreme Bites

Don't know how to use/read tone tags?
Go Here!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/29 02:10:06 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

@sunny:

Thinking on it more I don't know if you have it but Dove is pretty good American chocolate (much better than Herseys tbh) Anything little debbie like Oatmeal Cream Pie too!

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/29 15:46:21 )
    @Aisukohi: I will check those out, thank you for a thorough list of recs!
    Re: Hershey’s….. I tried it before and I found it pretty gross, I thought it was just super sugary but what you said about vomit…. Hard pass, lmao.

@MaxIsConfused: we have most of those in regular stores, but not Hamburger Helpers, they sound delicious!! I will search for them.

@Spider: I never heard of Dove before, I will have a look, thank you!

@Stinky: Hersheys is pretty gross ngl! They sell it in regular stores but idk why, there are so many tastier types of US treats to stock XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/30 03:11:28 )
@sunny: You're welcome! Yeah I just wanted to give you a warning about Hershey's that it's probably not all it's cracked up to be lol. I'm not sure if you like pudding in the non-UK sense, but Snack Pack has a lot of varieties in flavors. Plus they can be kept room temperature or refrigerated. I also love Ritz peanut butter cracker sandwiches, and they have cheese varieties as well. They both come in minis and in regular sizes, like 6 a pack.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/31 16:04:22 )
Graham crackers are delicious. We keep several boxes handy because once you open one, it's gone within the day.

If you like graham crackers, I suppose I'll second/third the vanilla wafers suggested above.

omg! I never thought about that hot cheeto after taste. My kids and husband love them. I kinda feel like I've grown past my hot-cheeto stage- if that makes sense.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/31 16:54:47 )
LOL... I admire your adventurous spirit, Sunny, but honestly, I'd pass on most American "snacks" - they're so loaded with sugar and preservatives and artificial everything! Most of them are pretty nasty, IMO... but things that come to mind (& I'm not sure how "purely American" some of these things are) include Oreo cookies (or other cookies), chocolate and candy bars of any and all kinds (Hershey's chocolate, peanutbutter cups, Snickers, M&Ms, etc.) moon pies, twinkies, prepackaged cakes and doughnuts, Fritos, chips (Pringles - potato chips in a can... neatly stacked!), Cheez-it crackers, dried "fruit" snacks, sour candy... the list is pretty endless...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/31 17:24:03 )
@sunny: .............. breakfast cereal. American Fruit Loops, Cocoa Puffs, Cookie Crisp, Boo Berry, etc.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/31 19:23:27 )
    PashminaPanda:
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
    Moonpies!! One of my all time favorites.

They should have left those on the moon.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/31 22:41:41 )
    @Aisukohi: I love Ritz! Thanks again for the suggestions.

@Wildfire: lol, luckily I’m not a big snacker, so these are very rare treats. I’m usually very picky about what chemicals I put in my body etc but I figure, it’s just a treat :) thanks for all the suggestions, I’m actually surprised at how many American treats are stocked in regular stores here. I had no idea some of these things were American!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.