Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Small steps but proud

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 17:11:43 )
so...i have been dealing with severe social anxiety, i have recently been treated successfully for my PTSD, though my social anxiety and extremely low self-esteem are still very strong, but today i went out for shopping and managed to overcome to obstacles by going into several shops alone and had a conversation with one of the staff of a cake shop.....it still feels weird that such lil steps makes me feel as if i overcame a huge mountain...is it weird that i feel so extremely proud over things that 'normal people' do on a daily base?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 18:31:10 )

★彡 As someone who maybe self-diagnosed agoraphobic I get this a lot. Sometimes those small steps can be huge leaps, there were days when I also felt totally calm and normal on simply just going on small errands by myself when normally I wouldn't be. So keep it up! Keep taking those small steps :3彡★

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 18:39:06 )
@Purpsy: I Will certainly do so! there are days that even the smallest mistake feels like i made a world-changing mistake but i am slowly breaking through those thoughts

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 20:38:16 )
@koneko: oh i did, considering the pastry shop i went to was almost in the middle of a shopping center, it took me a lot not to panic but with reminders and mental encouragement i made it through, ended up buying 2 pastries instead of one guess today is a huge cheat day too lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 20:43:38 )
@koneko: it will be a perfect spot to practice lol, it is right next to a big supermarket, they made a good choice with that

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 22:24:10 )

What looks like an anthill to one person is a mountain to another.
      I say be proud of any and all steps forward you take!
      Even if they're small and shakey. It's still progress!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 23:10:47 )
@Anarchist Beauty: True, i have to keep in mind that these are indeed bigger steps then they may seem, and i have certainly every right to be proud of it every step no matter how small is one in the direction i want if i am ready for it.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/26 00:51:49 )

@AngelicTeaTime: Exactly! Be proud of every little move you make in the right direction! It's all worth celebrating.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/26 00:52:50 )
will most certainly do so!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/28 18:46:14 )
Glad to hear you are doing better! I used to suffer from extreme social anxiety. I barely finished college and my first job was hell to do. I eventually found multiple coping mechanisms to succeed and live a mostly normal life. I believe we can all succeed with our anxiety if we get the right help and find the right ways to grow in our own life.

We may never be normal, but we will always be ourselves. I'm sure you will succeed.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/29 00:16:54 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

that is definitely something to be proud of no matter how small it is
or how people do it on a daily basis.
everyone is different and has their own different strengths and weaknesses.

I myself have really bad social and separation anxiety. so going to places alone is absolutely terrifying for me.
so I understand how scary it can be.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/29 06:12:43 )
ayyyyy! well done on doing the purchasing of goods and services! cake is hella nice.
please ping me for the love of god.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.