Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Russia has officially invaded Ukraine

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/24 09:21:27 )
They are assulting the capital and trying to take the airports as we speak.The magnitude of this conflict is going to be massive.I honestly hope this is going to be the same scale as the Donbas War. But the number of people involved now is much larger. Martial law was just declared, and shit is hitting the fan from every part of the country.
The US gets oil from Kazakhstan so gas prices are going to skyrocket. Which will lead the US to getting involved probably. It's going to be really bad, it already is really bad.

Voltie — They/He Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/24 16:59:54 )
Should they keep it on display...

oh god.
I do not need to live through a world war please for the love of the stars don't let this be a world war ;-;
This is actually fucking terrifying and I'm not even IN Ukraine. Like, I know that it's SUPER likely that the USA will get involved which is where I live and I do NOT need that right now

Or redecorate?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/24 17:10:19 )
    The vibe in Europe is very... tense right now

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/24 21:06:05 )
@MaxIsConfused:
No one wants a war but that's likely what's going to happen. China and Russia formed an alliance and have been stockpiling resources since 2014. They have full intention on attempting to overthrow the US as a superpower while we're weakened after they take back the former USSR states. Worst case senario is that the end result is probably going to be akin to 1984 only worse.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/24 22:23:34 )
    Vampiretaco:
    They have full intention on attempting to overthrow the US as a superpower while we're weakened after they take back the former USSR states.

Do you have any evidence of this…?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/24 22:31:32 )

I saw the news about this, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to make a thread on it. So thanks for making it.

I'm very sad that Russia decided to go to war. It seems unreal but at the same time, we all knew this was coming. I hope that the world takes away Putin's resources and money so that he's too weak to continue with this war. I don't want another war, I don't want another European war, I don't want another World War.

I feel for everyone that lives in Europe right now. I feel very blessed that after living in the UK for a few years I choose to come back to the US. But then again if Putin or anyone else were to nuke DC I would be gone. The one good thing is that I would probably die instantly, so there is that. Wouldn't want to live through that.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/24 23:27:47 )

@KDA Drew: It seems like there is always a new horrible thing happening. If you need to take a break from the news remember that you can. It's important to know what's happening, but also it's not directly happening to you, so remember bountries.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/25 01:17:15 )
@Totalanimefan:
It's really hard but I'm trying to stay positive. No one wants a war, especially now with the economy and resource shortages. Humanity will always adapt and overcome no matter what. But it's the adaptation process that worries me.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/25 04:34:56 )

@Vampiretaco: I totally agree with both of your points. It’s hard to stay positive about everything. I just remember what life was like with no hope and I never want to go back to that place again.
It’s so true that no one wants this war. I heard that a Russian platoon surrendered to a Ukrainian one. They didn’t want to kill them.

@KDA Drew: Stein;s Gate is a hard sci-if series where it says Russia will start WW3 and it will happen in 2036. So that’s what I’m thinking will happen.

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/25 08:38:41 )
@Vampiretaco: well iam from east germany..... we see this war coming ;A;

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/25 08:43:39 )
@Totalanimefan: well... what should i say, putin says he wants All states back wich were UdSSR back than.... east germany where i live is a state like this.... iam pretty anxious
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/25 15:53:52 )

@Miss Sandman: I think you meant to ping someone else? But I totally agree with you.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/25 23:44:34 )

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/26 00:58:47 )

So glad I left Germany in January. A lot of my friends stationed there are sending their families back to the U.S. as a precaution.
Thinking of you @sunny:

Donator — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/26 01:08:14 )

sunny:
[size=12]

@koneko: I have these two open too in addition to the BBC:
https://liveuamap.com/
https://nypost.com/2022/02/25/russia-ukraine-war-live-updates-as-russian-troops-invade/

I've been to Lviv before, beautiful city. I'm very sad. I went to bed early at 8pm on Wednesday night and felt like I woke up in the wrong timeline. I'm still waiting to switch back.
[/size]

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/26 17:58:18 )
Yeah so mad about this, my heart goes out to these people :(
Also to the Russians brave enough to protest against this war risking jail time and what not.

I'm from Europe and my little sister is terrified even though we don't exactly live next doors.
Idk what they are thinking but i hope this won't escalate into something much bigger, hope justice will be served preferably without more bloodshed.

What was Putin even thinking man.
Like world seems to finally be recovering a bit from covid and now this like, give everyone a break please.

One day situation was just tense and they were ''still talking'' and next day i hear they invaded Ukraine??
Hope all the other countries will unite against them and keep resources away from that man and his allies.
Sorry if Reply late!
Please ping me!

Questing

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 03:07:09 )

I primarily use twitter to post art and whatnot. I had not realized how many artists I follow are in ukraine, and it has been incredibly hard seeing what they're going through. One of them has made it to Poland, and is rushing around trying to get medicines for other refugees. Another seems to still be in a very dangerous place, and its really painful when I see them post. Like I'm relieved that they're still okay, but I hope they can find peace again.

I try not to consume too much of the news since its really angering and depressing. But at the same time I am constantly worried :vanora_cry:

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 10:06:54 )
Shit is pretty surreal, I honestly can't imagine what Putin is thinking. Idk if anybody has watched The Great on Hulu but he is totally giving me Peter vibes @___@

eeee ee eeee smoke weed everyday
(legitimately googled if this was pg-13 appropriate because I try to be a respectful stoner. So like you're welcome teenagers)
Working on a new signature.
PS-I LOVE PUGS

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 18:51:15 )

@Reanna: I'm glad you aren't in Germany anymore! (I can't remember when you left) I hope that your friends and coworkers will be safe.

@Siron: I totally agree and I hope that your family will be ok. I have said to myself a lot in the past week what is Putin even thinking? I feel like no one has gone to war in this vain way since a long time ago. (Please don't totally hold me to that, it's just that now, I feel like people put a lot of propaganda into war instead of making it about the leader feelings)

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 22:50:47 )

I see everyone asking the same thing I keep asking, what is he even thinking?
Putin is starving his own people, hurting his own country. For what? I heard a lot of murmurs at the start about "why" is he even attacking ukraine, but none of the theories make sense??
Im not sure anyone knows at this point? (forgive my ignorance if otherwise)

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.