Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Pokemon Legends Arceus

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/1 23:33:49 )

Who has the game? I got it on launch day because I have always loved Pokemon but the last few games have just been alright to me. I bought this one not thinking much of it and holy cow it is soo much fun! Pretty much all I did from Friday morning to Sunday night was eat, sleep and play Legends Arceus.

Has anyone else picked up the game? Is anyone else enjoying it?

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/1 23:35:42 )

I have it!! Hadsvich has it too. * w* It's so addicting just catching pokemon and completing requests and research tasks!! I haven't gotten far yet but I sure love the game mechanics~

Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/2 00:21:12 )
My hubby and I got it (digital copy game sharing ftw!) on pre-order. It's super fun. I like that there's so many side quests that help the game play evolve as you go too. What starter did you choose? I went with cyndaquil. Hubby did too cause of the fact that the final evolution is now ghost fire type. Which is neat. I picked it because I like cyndaquil.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/2 00:27:52 )

@Kent: Same. I have so many hours, but I only have the first 3 places unlocked. I go out into the field for a long time and catch a bunch of pokemon and try to fill my dex. I'm also trying to complete all of the quests too.

@Alorrena: That's cool. ^^ I picked Rowlet. I just love grass types. I wasn't that hyped for the game beforehand but now I can't get enough of it. I just want to play it all the time.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/2 00:44:06 )
@Totalanimefan: I almost picked Rowlet, but then I'd never complete my dex cause I don't care for the evolved forms of it. I've been playing it so much, with yesterday being the first time I didn't play more than an hour. I've just barely gotten to the 3rd area, and I haven't really done much there except catch pokemon to help fill out my dex. It's slow going.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/2 00:57:33 )

@Alorrena: I like going slow. I have like 30+ hours on this game already and I am about to enter the 4th area, but I haven't yet. I'm mostly taking my time and enjoying it. :)
I heard that in the post-game you can get the other starters. :)

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/2 02:42:12 )
@Totalanimefan: i also like going slow. i have probably just as many if not more hours and i just entered the 3rd area, and wasn't even going to confront liligant yet but my hubby made me antsy by telling me that eevee spawn in the 3rd area naturally and aren't rare encounters there. I've caught 1 eevee in the 1st area and elvolved it to sylveon (ick, flesh ribbons) because hubs was confused and thought it was max friendship + a fairy move at night, but that's sylveon. umbreon and espeon cant have a fairy move and must evolve at the respected time of day. Umbreon is my all time favorite pokemon. it's just so cute and sassy!

yeah, i think so, too. But I still wouldnt evolve past rowlet lol

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/2 16:28:32 )

I keep hearing such drastic reviews about the game, so I've been weary about buying it.
Some really super love it, some really super hate it and say its lacking
idk what to think yet but I hope it is good oAo

does it have a lot to do?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/2 17:03:15 )

@Jolly: The graphics are not good, but the frame rate is stable. The combat and catch mechanics are fun and rewarding. And they have changed how things work.

@Alorrena: That's cause Rowlet is super cute! lol
I think I have all except for Leafeon. I know how to evolve it but I haven't gotten around to doing so. I need to sit down and do a bunch of stone and item evolutions. I have lots from space-time thingy (don't want to get into that further just in case spoiler). Normally I do like the whole area and then I go and do the story part. I think it's more fun to openly explore and then worry about where to go to next and how to get there. Last night I finally went to the 4th place, I was only there for like an hour and then it was time for bed (and my switch was dying). Let me know how today's progress when for you and/or your hubby. ^^

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/2 20:23:31 )
@Totalanimefan: Today's actually our anniversary so i might not get around to playing today, and i didn't get around to playing yesterday cause adhd/depression/anxiety mode kicked in and i basically just disassociated by scrolling facebook reels and tiktok all day. Do you mean the Bubble things? I've only seen one of them, and it was on accident! haha i didn't realize that it was one of those things, so i went ooh, what's this? and then asked my hubs about it after. I didn't stay in it long, but i did snag an eevee in it after i evolved the first! Hubs beat the game this morning. and had just informed me he has caught all but like 20 pokemon! i don't understand how he's so fast. I think his adhd hyper-focus hits him hard though when it comes to games. also, yes, rowlet is adorable, and it doesn't help that one of my favorite animals are owls, so slight bias? lol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/2 20:43:03 )
    I was very curious, and I'm excited for the game, but I made a decision not to purchase. I figured that I wouldn't have the time to dedicate to the game long-term and I would rather wait for a version where the world was a little more aesthetically beautiful. From what I've understood, the mechanics are good, and it's a great start, but that the world--as it has been mentioned--is a little bit barren and the monsters just wait in the same spot. It's a shame, too, because I thought the time period was really romantic.

On the other hand, I came across two Pokemon-esque games. Actually, I think they're just off-brand Pokemon, hahaa!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/2 20:52:16 )

@Alorrena: Oh yeah, I should have known from your signature. Happy Anniversary to the both of you! Your 2nd one so it's extra special lol
Yeah those bubbles. They have tough and can have rare pokemon in them. Also item drops.
Wow he beat the game so quickly! What is he going to do now?
Rowlet is so cute and I love owls as well. ^^

@blue: I am hoping that this game is such a success that they make more in the future. I think it's a great concept they have going on, but if it wasn't Game Freak I think that it would look a lot better. But maybe in the future Monolith Soft could work with them? They do a great job.
I would say that the world doesn't feel as empty as the trailers show it to be. I think they just didn't want to show off much of the game before it was out?
Which two games?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/2 21:02:29 )
    The first one is "Nexomon," and the second is "Monster Crown."

That's fair, but I've heard the same criticisms for other newly-released open-world games. I wonder if they weren't the same company?
    In any case, I think I'll hold off for a bit and just keep tinkering around with some of my old favorites. It's a shame that Kingdom Two Crowns isn't more sandbox-esque. I have fun for a little bit, and then get murdered instantly because I'm just footing around, haha! It has a really therapeutic soundtrack so I've played it a few times before bed.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/2 21:28:24 )

@blue: I have never heard of those. If I get bored with my current games I will look into those.
For sure. Why go out and buy a new game just cause it's new when you have others in your library already that you want to play.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/2 22:43:24 )
@Totalanimefan: thank you! :] yeah the bubbles are interesting for sure. i didn't know they dropped items though! when i do get around to playing later i will definitely see if i can find one on purpose haha
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/2 22:55:54 )

@Alorrena: Yes lots of stuff on the ground that is worth picking up, but I won't say anymore haha

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/3 00:12:44 )

@Totalanimefan:
I'm completely ok with lower graphics for better game play! i still play ps2 games after all xd
I'll be excited to see how the lasting impression goes

i hear a lot that it feels empty of content. does it feel like something that they'll add to later on, but it's lacking at first? kinda like how ACNH was

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/3 02:52:38 )

@Jolly: I would love if they added more stuff. I like the way that Nintendo does DLC.
I wonder what people will thinking about this game over time. I feel like it will be hard to go back to the old formula after this.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/9 00:33:48 )
    I just picked up my copy the other day!
    I haven’t been able to play much yet but I am excited about it.
    I chose Oshawott since he was my started for Pokémon Black.

Currently Questing;
keep warm
librarian
fabled
draconic dream

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/9 01:09:35 )
@totalanimefan: SAME! I actually loved sword and shield but hated sun and moon and have barely touched bdsp. This game though I am obsessed! I just got a shiny shinx yesterday farming mass outbreak! Luxray is my favorite mon ^.^

eeee ee eeee smoke weed everyday
(legitimately googled if this was pg-13 appropriate because I try to be a respectful stoner. So like you're welcome teenagers)
Working on a new signature.
PS-I LOVE PUGS

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.