Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Oooh boi... in the middle of the snowstorm

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/17 14:19:57 )

Well I woke up this morning check outside my windows and see is snowing hard and now my balcony be looking like this...
We got warning beforehand though but never expected it to snow this hard, now I want to go for walk in my neighbourhood and take some pics once it stops snowing lmao

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/17 16:15:48 )
Snow is so pretty! <3 I love seeing pictures. :3
I'm a little jealous of your snow. We haven't gotten much in a couple of years around here. :d

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/17 16:23:43 )

I'm thinking of taking some more pics when the snowstorm settles down and posting it here.
But is still snowing hard they say it will lighten up in the afternoon.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/17 17:40:45 )

It snowed in DC about 2 inches but then in the middle of the night it turned into icy rain and then just rain.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/17 19:07:19 )

Okay an update of my balcony and this getting quite concerning. My brother called and he mentioned that a lot of train stations are closed so he's kind of stuck at work atm but he manage to get an uber on the way home and is currently waiting for the uber to arrive. He also said a lot of the stores are closed. I'm just hoping both of my dad and my brother will come home safely

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/17 19:09:10 )

merp :/

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/17 20:14:26 )

@Purpsy: I hope that they will be ok! When it snows that much the best thing is to just stay at home!

Voltie — They/He Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/17 21:02:38 )
Should they keep it on display...

we got it rather bad here too. I dont have a photo of how it looks right now, but this was yesterday:

it has stopped snowing now, but there's a LOT of snow. Thank god for the plowmen, they have been clearing the roads all night.

Or redecorate?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/17 22:22:12 )

@Totalanimefan: My brother just got home and he ended up paying 60$ for taxi. He said there were a lot of buses were stuck and a lot of people have been waiting for 3-6 hours to get home since last night on subway stations... And then there was my dad who got lucky and got home first. Is really bad...

@maxisconfused: Yeah that's pretty much the same here but a bit more worse, my brother mentioned that the snow was up to his knees. But beautiful pic though~

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/17 23:31:43 )

@Purpsy: Will his job help pay him back for that? That's a lot of money lol
I'm glad they are ok.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/18 16:30:53 )

@Totalanimefan: I'm not sure :/
Apparently there were a few that stayed at work and he was so adamant of going home so most likely not.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/18 16:36:02 )
yay more pictures! <3

I had to use an uber once after a snowstorm in the city and they charged a ridiculous amount. :< That cost hurt more than the club costs that night.

@Purpsy: you guys still got a lot of snow from yesterday? is it already melting? :d

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/19 01:42:34 )
I wish we got more snow here! It has been warm and dreary.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/19 16:31:32 )

@Koah: Nope it was manly sunny outside yesterday so some of the snow is melted but there's still a lot of snow around... and I think we're not out of the woods yet. There might be a mix of snow and rain today and it might snow again in the weekend so... rip x.x

@ElQueso: And while I'm starting to miss summer here xD
Winter just gives me a huge excuse to stay inside more lmao

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/19 16:41:09 )
@Purpsy: omgosh, nooo. I hope you don't get Sleet. Sleet is the worst. Especially when it's cold enough to freeze. Roads get slick, sidewalks, etc. e.e
-grabby hands- gimme your snowy weather lol .XD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/19 17:34:14 )

@Koah: I never heard of the term sleet before I had to google search it. But I wouldn't be surprised if we do here haha...
*gives you all the darn snow* ewe

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/19 17:54:34 )
@Purpsy: I googled it just now to see what you saw. lol. XD
I grew up where sleet meant the ground is warm enough to melt the snow on impact, but cold enough to freeze. So it's slushy-like snow falling from the sky.
I put snow tires on my car anticipating snow and now we have none. lol.
So my little car has this crunchy sound when it drives from the studded tires hitting the pavement/concrete.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/19 18:06:32 )

@Koah: Ooh! Yeah I experience that often here, it's truly annoying to deal with =w=
I had no clue that's what it's called I just call it slushy snow lmao

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.