Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries SECRET ART EXCHANGE 2021 [gifts posted!]

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/6 03:53:56 )

@Totalanimefan: personally I don't think I could do bullet journaling asfldkj I would probably overthink it and get stressed about the design HAHA
oh yes planner is a must-have for me... I put important events/appointments in my phone but I put to-do lists in my planner. I feel really lost without it

what kinds of things did you do to improve your social skills in that time? I still feel comfortable around my old friends but now I shortcircuit around new people. it was unbelievably uncomfortable trying to make friends with people in my class last semester.

I see, that can be difficult to figure out then. are you able to do the classes in any order you want?
nooo haha it's fine!! all students take breaks for the holidays.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/6 03:57:25 )

I've never played the OG gen2 and gen3 games, I've only played the remakes
soul silver/heart gold were amazing tho ALDKJFLKDJ cellphone feature

I live for the extraneous mechanics in pokemon games outside of the actual battle system HAHA I probably spent more time in the underground than actually training pokemon

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/6 04:04:35 )

@Goblin: Hell yeah Gen 2 squad out!
I literally named my Hundo rattata in Pokemon Go, Joey. lol
Gen 3 is great too though! I love the lush green route after the 6th gym. I think it's so beautiful.

@Hachi: I thought it looked like a lot of stress but I didn't want to knock it just in case someone else did it and liked it. I feel like as a student a planner is a must have.
As for how to improve I would strike up a convo with the checkout person, or barista. Sometimes it's the short, small talk convos that can make you feel like you still have your social skills. And remember that everyone is as rusty as you. Everyone is in the same shoes at the moment. Don't force it the convos but complements can go a long way, or pointing out something you both like (like if they are wearing an anime shirt). Taking about the awful weather is so cliché but it can work sometimes lol.

I can mostly do them in any order. Intro to excel was needed before any class that uses excel in it, and Intro to Business was needed before my big business class. One of my more broad accounting classes I think I needed to take before Financial Accounting. But the rest I can do them when I want. There is a list of the classes in a recommending order but sometimes my mentor will just add an easy class from the list when I say I've had like 3 really hard classes in a row lol.
Thanks. I shouldn't think too hard on myself, but it's like if I want to finish by Sept 1st (my goal) then I need to work on it, but really there wasn't much I could do while traveling or being sick.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/6 04:05:24 )

The remakes are amazing, and if you played them, I don't know if you need to play the originals. I will say that I think Heart Gold/Soul Sliver are the best Pokemon games.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/6 19:39:50 )
so hypeeee

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/6 21:03:18 )

@Goblin: Super agree. I've been playing Pokemon since Red version in the 90's. Remakes are good ^^
I did like the apps in Gen 4. They are kinda funny in a way. The DS is revolutionary in a way. I wonder if Apple was inspired by the DS?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/7 00:00:11 )

@Goblin: I knew English but I couldn't read yet. Those games really helped me learn how to read. Red was my neighbor's game but it couldn't hold a save anymore, so every morning I would play it and I would get a little bit further in the game.
I got Gold for Christmas a few years later. I was so happy my sister and I shared that one. Then for Gen 3 I got Ruby and she got Sapphire. (After that she was too 'cool' to play games like that). For Gen 4 that was the last one that I played socially. My at the time BF and his twin really liked Pokemon too and we would play it together all the time. Battles, GTS, the underground! I asked for Wi-Fi in my house so when they came over they could do the online stuff with the DS. I remember my BF getting a shiny Mew in the GTS! We were all so shocked and thought that it was awesome!
I'm so sorry you lost your save! I lost my save on a few Pokemon games throughout the years because someone pulled the cartridge out while it was still on. Oh for the remakes, my sister is playing Brilliant Diamond right now and she is liking it. ^^ She no longer thinks that nerdy things aren't cool anymore. lol
The DS and 3DS have a lot of amazing games on it. I remember playing Nintendogs a lot too! I would visit my friends game or whatever the term was called and I would be able to get their breeds in my game too.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/7 00:40:32 )

I wonder why they did that? I never cared about what others thought. I liked Pokemon and I was gonna play it. My sister likes to watch anime(Mostly just Shonens) and play some video games. She has a Switch but not that many games for it. She always like Smash Bros growing up but we don't live near each other, so we can't play it together like we used to.
I'm sure it was probably a hacked Mew or whatever, but back then we didn't know about that and thought that he was just randomly given one! OMG Shiny Raikou is amazing! The only in game shiny I've randomly found was a shiny Pidgey in a Gold Rom. Does it count even if it was a ROM? lol. Maybe get the Gen 4 remakes if they ever go on sale? How's the nuzlocke going?
OMG SAME. Like heck just listen to the words coming out of my mouth please T_T I watched a streamer to a Nintendogs speed run and it was so funny. I'll try to find it if you want to watch it.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/7 16:28:57 )

@Totalanimefan: ooooof that's hard, I'm so bad at small talk ahaha
I feel bad bc sometimes other people will try to talk to me and I'm very curt in response, I think because I go out with the mindset of just wanting to finish my business and leave as soon as possible asdflkj
at school they have social events too, but the thought of going to a restaurant/bar right now is hhHHHHHH...... so I've been avoiding those..

that sounds pretty flexible! it's good that they have someone to recommend which classes to take next.
I'm sure you'll finish by your goal, you've been very diligent about it.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/7 16:43:14 )

ALKFDJ the poketch was ahead of its time. Apple watches only wish they were the first
and YES the item search app, I'm pretty sure I used that on the entire world map
I also really liked growing berries. I truly turned pokemon pearl into a farming game, I had so many berries

my first pokemon game was Blue, but I was too young to understand it. my only memory is that I had an overpowered blastoise and used it to kill zapdos and then saved after ✌️
my sister was never into video games, so I played with my cousin when we used to live in the same house. I think he hasn't played pokemon since emerald tho haha

I have a lot of good memories on the DS... that was probably the time when I played video games the most and knew the most people who also played video games. nintendogs was great bc it allowed me to have a dog when I couldn't have pets irl asldkfj

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/7 17:39:09 )

Can't wait for the reveal tomorrow :3

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/7 18:21:12 )

@Hachi: I don't know if I would do any happy hours with the way Rona is atm. But as for your social skills, I always find you easy to chat with and I like our convos, maybe in real life you are just being too hard on yourself?
Thanks! I'm finally almost done with the reading material for the class. After that I'm going to watch the recorded videos about the lessons and maybe do some vocabulary studying if I need to. Then the pre-exam and hopefully the day after that, the exam!
Pokemon/Nintendo used to be ahead of the curve lol. Hopefully Arceus will give us something new to play with instead of the same old. I love Pokemon, but it is starting to get a little same-y and I miss the pixel art, but I understand why it's not anymore. The DS area was great because there were still a lot of neighborhoods with kids, and you went to school with people your age, so lots of trades and playing together and Nintendogs lol

Goblin: Ah I see. I really like music too. I was always in Choir and I still enjoying listening to music and singing a lot, although I haven't done it as much because of the pandemic.
Yeah the rom wasn't a special one, it was just the game. Shiny Pidgey is a nice shiny. I got one in Pokemon Go and I was so happy!
Youtube SmallAnt Nintendogs Speedrun.
I'm also excited for Arceus. I feel like we know so little about it.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/7 21:46:33 )
    @Goblin: [unintentional summon whenever Harvest Moon is mentioned]
    I love that whole series. It’s too bad they didn’t push the Story of Seasons; Trio of Towns over to the Switch (or more of them, really).

Can you believe I married Woofio? What a twist that was.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/7 22:23:12 )
I was summoned by harvest moon/story of seasons also. I was really enjoying Trio of Towns but I don't play it much now that I have the switch so yeah. T-T I wanted to marry Ludus but didn't get that far either. I may pick it back up if I can find my stuff... lots of things moved around when I was moving my stuff in to the new place.

Also Woofio is actually just a guy in a suit so it's not THAT weird... until you realize he never takes the damn dog head off.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/7 22:47:53 )

@blue: -butts in- Oh have you played Rune Factory? They are made by the original Harvest Moon creators.
@Goblin: There wasn't an option for you in middle or high school? I'm sure that you would have been good. They do teach you how to sing and guide you through how to learn a piece of music. Plus lots of time practicing and that's the real key. I can't believe how weak my diaphragm is now that I'm not singing an hour a day anymore. (Not in choir anymore, that was when I was in a car)
That video was soo funny to me. It was so relatable. XD And like why sometimes are the dogs good at catching the frezbe and sometimes they suck? \
I feel like since the annoucement of the game there hasn't been that much time to make the game perfect when talking about how it runs. That stuff can take months to perfect. But maybe it will be good. I have hope, and honestly I don't hate the newer games. I'm happy that there is a main series Pokemon game on the Switch but I do think that it could be better. The sense of adventure could be better. I feel that still in the Gen 4 remakes so I know it's not just me being older.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/7 22:50:39 )
The entirety of my singing experience is from singing in the car.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/7 23:12:33 )

Singing in the car is wonderful! It's the only thing that I miss about having a car, although I could just sing at home too lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/8 00:23:55 )

There’s a furry with a fursuit in Harvest Moon? XD

Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Donator — Frog bless Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/8 02:56:19 )
Apparently we were both right Goblin

He was cursed but he actually WAS the dog suit. Like full on Alphonse Elric. It's possible in the game to have his curse lifted, but he still continues to wear the dog suit. The only hints you get at what he looks like are based on the hair and eye color of your child.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/8 04:10:33 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

I have no idea what ppl r talking ab lol...
Just here bc im exited for the art :^D

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.