Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries SECRET ART EXCHANGE 2018 [GIFTS POSTED!]

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 20:58:48 )

Welcome to Voltra's Secret Art Exchange for 2018!

In this event, every participant will be randomly assigned to give a gift to another participant.
Everything is done in secret until the end, when the gifts and names are revealed!
Since this is an art exchange, the gift you are giving will be an art piece made according to the recipient's request.

Everyone is welcome to join, regardless of medium/style/experience/etc!

Although I've participated in art exchanges like this before, this will be my first time moderating one, so please bear with me.
I'm open to feedback about how to run this better.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 20:59:04 )

Please read all of the rules. They are essential to making sure that this event runs smoothly.

❄ If you sign up to participate in this exchange, you must complete your artwork.
This is a commitment. If you fall through, someone else doesn't receive a gift, and that sucks.

❄ The artwork that you make must be a good effort from you.
There is no way for me to judge this. I'm just gonna trust you. don't betray my trust pls

❄ If for whatever reason you cannot finish your artwork, you need to notify me ASAP.

❄ You cannot request for (or draw as a gift) anything that is NSFW or that violates Voltra's ToS.

❄ If you are requesting for avatar art, you must post an image of your avatar(s) (eg. a jpg, png, etc.).
Saying "my current avatar" or posting links to your avatar on site are not acceptable.

❄ This is not a hard rule, but try not to tell anyone who your assignment is.
It's meant to be secret, yeah?

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 20:59:13 )

What kind of gift do I have to give?
You'll be giving art that you've made yourself. Your recipient will have a request, and you'll be expected to draw something from it. The size, medium, style, etc. is up to you.

I can't decide what I want drawn. Can I put multiple things in my request?
Yes! I encourage you to put multiple things in your request; that way, your assigned person will be able to choose what they feel most comfortable drawing.

How are the assignments decided?
Via random number generator. I'm not participating in the exchange, so I have no reason to pair people with bias. But if you are concerned, feel free to send me a message and I will show you a screenshot of the generator page.

What if I'm assigned a person with a request that I don't feel comfortable doing?
Hopefully you won't be! After the assignments are generated, I will check each person's "will not do" lists and make sure that no one is assigned something that they aren't comfortable drawing. If this does happen, I will regenerate the list.
That being said, you must put everything that you won't draw in your sign-up form.
If you have an issue after you've been assigned, message me and I'll ask your recipient to add an additional request.

What if I can't finish my assignment in time?
You need to let me know ASAP via message. I don't hold grudges, things happen. Please just communicate.

What is a pinch hitter?
If a participant is unable to finish their artwork (or has stopped responding to my messages), a "pinch hitter" will be assigned to draw art for the person who is missing a gift. This is to ensure that everyone who participates receives a gift.
You can indicate in your sign-up form if you'd like to be a pinch hitter.
Depending on the numbers, pinch hitters may be asked to complete multiple drawings or none at all. Pinch hitters will only be given about 1 week to complete the needed artwork.

Can I be a pinch hitter but not a participant?
Absolutely. Just let me know.

How will pinch hitters be assigned?
Via random number generator. If there are more pinch hitters than we need, then some pinch hitters will not be assigned.
However, if you are a pinch hitter but not a participant, you will definitely be assigned.
Please let me know ASAP if you want to drop out of pinch hitting.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 20:59:21 )

All deadlines are 11:59pm Voltra Time.
This timeline is subject to change, depending on how things go (but if so, the dates will only be pushed later, not earlier).
Check here for updates.

November 11 - November 30: Sign-ups.

December 2: Pairings sent.
Your assignment will be sent to you in a message from me by the end of the day.

December 16: Check-in.
You will receive a message from me asking for progress updates.
You do not have to show any WIPs, you just have to tell me where you currently are in the process of making your gift. It's okay if you haven't started by this point. All I need from you is a response that you are still participating in the event.
❄ If you don't respond to this message within 1 week, I will assume that you have dropped out.

January 2: DEADLINE FOR GIFTS.
❄ Please send your completed artwork in a message to me, NOT to your assigned person. (It's fine if you send it earlier.)
If you can only complete a WIP by this time, you must send the WIP to me by January 2 along with an estimated date of when you will be finished. Your WIP will be given to your assigned person in the meantime.
If you cannot do your assignment at all, you must notify me by January 2 (but the earlier, the better).
If I do not hear from you by January 2, I will assume that you have dropped out.

January 3 - January 12: Pinch hitting.
This is when the pinch hitters will be working to complete art for anyone who is missing a gift.
If you are a pinch hitter, please remember to check your messages during this time.
If there is no need for pinch hitting, the gifts will be posted on January 5.

January 13: Gifts posted.
Gifts will be posted in this thread and names will be revealed.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 20:59:27 )

Sign-ups are now closed! Thank you for your interest.

You can sign up by completing and posting this form in the thread.
@Hachi:
Username:
Sample: (provide at least 1 example of your art that represents what you'll give as a gift)
I will NOT draw: (pls be thorough)
Wishlist: (your request(s). Links, images, descriptions, etc.)
Pinch Hitter: (yes/no; if you don't know what this is, see the FAQ)

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 20:59:32 )

Sample:

I will NOT draw: Anything that violates Voltra's rules, and if an avi is overly cluttered I will only draw it if allowed to leave some items out (with permission of course.).

Wishlist:

Sample:

I will NOT draw:
  • anything that violates voltra tos
  • nsfw and fetish stuff

Wishlist: I have a bunch of characters to choose from on my toyhou.se account! picking one that you enjoy will work for me! :)

• Samples:

I will NOT draw: animals, furries, nsfw, multiple pairs of eyes, and/or anything that would violate Voltra's ToS.
    Please note that while I don't mind attempting cluttered avatars, my eyesight is pretty bad even with glasses, so there's a good chance I might miss things.

Wishlist:

(album)

Name: Jordan Serafin
    Height: 5' 7"
    Weight: 125 lbs
    Eye Color: Grayish Blue
    Hair Color: Black
    Race: Mixed (Asian/White)
    Nationality: American

Jordan is a practicing witch and owner of a shop that specializes in magical artifacts.

Personality-wise, he's somewhat lofty. It’s not that he’s arrogant, but he feels a sort of disconnect from people.

This is most likely due to the fact that he's a siren.

Also, he hates the rain.

(album)

Name: Christian Maples/Oaks
    Eye Color: Green
    Hair Color: Mahogany

I don't have much information on Christian due to his story being reworked. I will say upfront that there are two versions of him, though his appearance is the same in both. The only difference is their clothes; I'll provide references where needed.

Christian Maples is a recently turned vampire with two sires who is struggling to come to terms with what has become of him.

Clothes: Mostly grunge fashion, with some punk. Absolutely nothing vulgar, and tends to shy away from profanity.
    I am entirely willing to let you create an outfit yourself, but if you wish for me to choose something, I suppose this will do: style reference
    Mostly always has a jacket on (not necessarily the one in the picture).

Note: I strongly associate nature/greenery with this version of Christian. Do with that what you will.

Christian Oaks is an Elementalist in the game Guild Wars 2.
    bio:
    "I'm Christian Oaks.
    Melandru, the goddess of nature, blessed me when I was young. Though trouble may follow me, I overcome it with dignity.
    I grew up among the nobility, and I value my honor. I've made something of myself, and the only thing I regret is that I never searched for my true parents.
    I'm an elementalist, and I study all the elements. I wear a gem that symbolizes my love of earth.
    This is my story."

Clothes: Any of the outfits in the album will do, but I will admit that I'm partial to either of the blue ones.

Name: Adrian Blackweir
    Height: 5' 9"
    Weight: 133 lbs
    Eye Color: Gray
    Hair Color: Black
    Race: White

Adrian is a florist who can commune with the dead.

Hobbies: Gardening, flower arrangement, painting, amateur photography
    Interests: Astronomy, baking/cooking, graphology, poetry

black or gray shirt
    black or dark skinny jeans
    black Vans slip-on

"Sign up form"
    "Name Vregory"
    "Sample" [Drawing of Hachi in the form]
    "I draw everything"
    Wants art of "Me and Eugene"
    "I don't wanna hit anyone"

Sample:

I will NOT draw: Mecha | ANIMALS | Aliens - In short... humanoid, please!

Wishlist: Uhhhhhh Hmmmm......
    I got three links for ya.
    [ Deviantart OC Folder ] Least information
    [ My Toyhou.se ] Or at least the information for SOME of my characters. Lots of info for few characters.
    [ My Artfight ] Requires account (free), but has the most characters to choose from.

Sample:

I will NOT draw: oh I'll draw pretty much anything as long as it sticks to the rules

Wishlist: ahaaa ocs baby, I'd love getting couple art but I know not everyone is into that so if you just wanna draw one guy I'd still be totally thrilled with that
    James and/or Kane
    Lorne and/or Amy
    Or Io from the Cirque ad Infinitum event

Sample:

I will NOT draw: I think I'm up for anything that's not against the rules. X3

Wishlist: Illian
    or
    Keith and/or Elliot

Sample: -A gallery with some examples-.
    I will NOT draw: I'm willing to try anything.
    Wishlist: Art of either my dnd character -Ash- or someone from -here-.

Sample:
    "Moderate Effort"

I will NOT draw: more so, won't be coloring much. SOME color okay, but don't give me anything needing uber colorfulness UNLESS it's a bird. If anyone wants a bird drawn then please gimmegimme!

Wishlist: I want a millet (2 budgie) Kawaii parfait!
    Parfait example: https://goo.gl/images/A5pTrE
    SPECIFIC 2 budgie:
    1) https://goo.gl/images/oB99CN
    2) https://goo.gl/images/mfc4sn
    Millet example: https://goo.gl/images/MniYiY

"Pet parfaits" used to be super popular. Especially with Pokemon. Its basically making a luxurious multi ingredient dessert parfait and basing the items & color scheme off of the animal. (Example Sylveon: https://goo.gl/images/rdP7E2 strawberry and blueberry) have fun with it!

The millet I just want as an accessory (like taking place of the straw of first) image

Sample: one two
    Did these awhile back and used bases. Will not use bases for this art of course!
    I will NOT draw: NSFW obvs, animals in detail, cluttered avatars,
    Wishlist:

Either of these! :D

Sample: sample
    I will NOT draw: I can draw everything BUT anything not-human will not look as good. well, it'll look even worse
    Wishlist: this avatar:
    but the lobster suit also being rainbow

Samples:

I will NOT draw: backgrounds, nsfw, anything that violates Voltra's ToS

Wishlist:

Amsi
    He's Egyptian. 5000+ years old. Looks in his late twenties.
    He is an antagonist type. He practices the dark arts and uses this power to do whatever he pleases.

He's a self-proclaim evil overlord villain. He uses dark magic, practices necromancy, and the like.
    He's very full of himself, tends to boast a lot, and likes to feed his big ego. He's mischievous too. Likes to troll/tease/mess with people.

Sample: My DA Gallery
    I will NOT draw: Robots & animals (anthros are fine)
    Wishlist: Toyhou.se & Avatars

Sample:

I will NOT draw: Mecha, furry, nsfw

Wishlist: I guess something with crows, harpies or all of the above

Sample: here's my deviantart
    and some recent samples:

I will NOT draw: nsfw, mecha, overly complicated stuff, prefer avatars as reference.
    willing to draw non-humans.
    Wishlist: anything from my avatar closet? i have over a hundred avatars to chose from so plenty of choice. XD

Sample: This is a WIP but will be closer to the style I will be gifting. I intend to play around with different coloring techniques.

I will NOT draw: NSFW, that violates TOS, overly cluttered (but I'll do my best), furry faces (I can't draw snouts for anthro characters, but ears, scales, fur, tails, etc are fine)
    Wishlist:

Sample: just one i'm sorry also i'll be tidier (¬ε ლ)
    I will NOT draw: furries. detailed eyes. blood, gore. some animals.
    I mean... I can try but no promises?
    Wishlist:
    Option 1: a black wolf or wolf pup but you can go ham with this
    Option 2: voltra avis

Sample:

I will NOT draw: mecha, muscles, non-chibi, backgrounds, digital

Wishlist: They can leave off the little flames in the air or whatever haha, i just feel incomplete when making an avi without any kind of background or foreground item lmao
    Art is different haha
    Ignore the weirdness of that arm/jacket layer lmao

Sample:

Sorry that one is only flat colored ;A; I wanted to go ahead and post ;A;

I will NOT draw: animals, nsfw, and/or anything that would violate Voltra's ToS

Wishlist: Oooooh any character in my Toyhou.se would be awesome ;w;

Sample:

I will NOT draw: Mech, animals, boys

Wishlist:
    My DnD ranger who dual wields 2 shortswords, has a bonded wolf and generally wears green.

Sample: Something like this, maybe a mix of this or this I'll see how I feel ; v ;
    I will NOT draw: couples, mecha, NSFW
    Wishlist: Anyone from here please

Hachi
    Alexis
    kiwi
    okios
    Amber Lynne
    ghost
    Rayon Declaire
    Cookie
    Millet
    dawnpainterz
    Zuzu
    Selikait
    Godawful
    Dipper
    KayBit

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 20:59:37 )

I highly recommend saving the image(s) to your computer or your own image-hosting site asap. I'm not saving them, and I'm unsure of everyone else's image-hosting terms for their art, so save it just in case!

Submit an optional anonymous feedback survey [ here ] and receive 500 volts from Hachi.

From Q t e a p o n

From Kent

From Alexis

From kiwi

From Ixora

From dawnpainterz

From Dipper

From KayBit

From Selikait

From okios (pinch hit)

And although the original piece isn’t finished, we felt it was best to still share it - hope you like it!
    From Apollo Im Burning

From ghost

From Millet

From Crowly

From Cookie

From Vregory

From Eugene & Friends

From Lilypoo

From mdom

From Saeyra

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 20:59:42 )

Spread the word about this event by putting this button in your signature/thread!
    [url=https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/4987][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/8040ed69738d43cfa51cfaaadc91cfb8/tumblr_pi1rsw4VuM1tmgtkbo1_100.png[/img][/url]
    Short version courtesy of okios, our resident god of chaos (but not this time I guess):
    [url=https://tinyurl.com/VSAE18][img]https://i.imgur.com/WDbJves.png[/img][/url]

Thank you to Anarchist Beauty for these incredible banners! Check out her shop!

If you'd like your art shop, request thread, gallery, etc. linked here, let me know!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 20:59:46 )
    Special Thanks To:

Cookie - for donating premium orbs to all non-staff participants!
    kiwi/strawberry - for donating volts to participants, for promoting the event, and for double-checking the participants list!
    okios/8f55e803b8992e5820f7 - for donating art to the 20th participant, and for promoting the event!
    Lilypoo - for donating volts to participants!
    Apollo Im Burning - for promoting the event!
    Kent - for promoting the event!
    star2000shadow - for promoting the event!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 20:59:52 )
    Reserved

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 21:00:11 )
    Reserved

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 21:00:16 )
    Reserved
    I reserved too many of these...

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 22:37:51 )
    SIGN-UPS ARE NOW OPEN!
    pls join

rip I hate BBcode this took too long

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/12 00:35:56 )
    bless ur soul for making this it's so well thought out!

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/12 00:46:21 )

I love the idea of this thread and it seems very well organized! Good luck with everything! Sorry I can't join because I am really busy atm. Maybe next time!

Always ping me please.

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/12 02:40:41 )

@Hachi:
    Username: Alexis
    Sample:

I will NOT draw: Anything that violates Voltra's rules, and if an avi is overly cluttered I will only draw it if allowed to leave some items out (with permission of course.).
    Wishlist:

Pinch Hitter: Yes!

Hope I didn't leave out any details~

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/12 03:30:34 )
    fff thank you for putting the button in your signature okios ahh
    Actually you made me realize that the button (text-wise) is huge and our signatures are severely limited in characters rip
    I'll... fix that later...

Thank you for the support Saeyra!! Aww it's okay, next time!
    But you should totally come back later to check out all the art! That's the part that I'm really looking forward to haha

@Alexis: Whoo first participant! And a pinch hitter too, bless
    I'll add you to the list!

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/12 03:49:59 )
    @hachi: oof yeah i had to shorten it to make it fit XD
    this is 80 characters long (if any of y'all want to use it):
    [url=https://tinyurl.com/VSAE18][img]https://i.imgur.com/WDbJves.png[/img][/url]

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/12 04:14:37 )
    80 CHARACTERS
    thank you

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/12 05:24:12 )

Oooh cute idea!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
    Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
    Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.