Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat How much sleep do you get/need?

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 06:40:12 )
If I had my way, I'd sleep 12 hours a day and be awake for the other 12. Every day at some point I feel the need to take a nap. Only a fraction of those days am I so lucky.

I get at least 8 to 9 hours of sleep a night before a 9 hour work day but struggle to wake up each morning. I always require a caffeine pill (cause I don't do coffee).

I chock my hypersomnia to my bipolar depression; however, my symptoms are pretty much kept in check with medication.

What are your sleeping habits like?

Voltie — Moody Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 06:59:26 )
my sleeping habits are terrible.
I sleep 12-14 hours per day on average.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie — Burnt Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 07:13:39 )
Uhh about 8-9 hours and is possible nap at lunch or when i get home from work

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 07:28:47 )
I usually get about 6-7. I probably need more but that's just .. how it works out. ;w;

Donator — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 07:44:10 )
I don't really know how much, because I'm constantly waking up every night. :/ I'm so sick of it, I just want to sleep through the night.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 07:57:37 )
i need 7-8 hours of sleep to function properly.

ping me
Art in sig by Seo
Art in post by Cedes
Hangout

Voltie — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 08:05:41 )
I have chronic fatigue, so I don't know how much I need, but I usually sleep around 8 hours, give or take a few depending on the day. But to be honest I'm not 100% on what I said because I wake up multiple times during the night. LOL I blame it on my depression and anxiety.
But I'm glad that you're taking medicine so the symptoms aren't as bad!

20-Lesbian
I'm randomly active bc of anxiety!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 10:39:00 )
I need probably 8 hours of sleep, but if I get good quality sleep then I need less, but I wake up a lot at night to toss and turn. Sometimes it's because I'm too hot or too cold. So I like to be in bed 9 hours before I have to get up, but I feel like that never happens.
My job starts at 7:30 so I have to get up early. I don't tend to nap.
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 11:07:06 )
If I had my way, I would sleep for 13 hours a day lol.
On week days I get 4 to 5 hours asleep, sometimes 6 which is a treat! On select weekends (normally 1 per month), I sleep until 3 or 4 pm. Probably 11 to 12 hours of sleep.

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/2 13:08:05 )
Addy:
I usually get about 6-7. I probably need more but that's just .. how it works out. ;w;
Ayyy I'm on track for sub-6 tonight. Gonna be a long day 2morro
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 06:15:27 )
I have some pretty awful insomnia, so it's common for me to get about 5-6 hours.

My typos have tyoos at this point.

I am a MAN
∠( ᐛ 」∠)_

Donator — she, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 08:21:18 )
I manage if I'm lucky five hours of sleep at night. I am up every hour on the hour recently, waking between two and three for the longest periods. I'm up for work around six and sometimes don't get home from work until nine or ten.
Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 21:54:49 )
maybe around 5-7 hours, but 8 sounds great right about now haha

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/4 07:11:32 )
I usually get around 4-6hrs, but even if I sleep 10+ I still feel fatigued. :/ I'm surrounded by people who seem to be able to sleep on command and it's frustrating cause they don't understand I can go to bed, but I can't force my body to sleep or feel rested on command.

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 02:22:39 )
I usually manage to get a solid 7-8 hours, 9 if I'm sleeping in. Rarely do I oversleep, as sleeping too much / too long or even just laying down for too long gives me awful headaches. q-q It's kind of amusing that so many sleep studies have been conducted and published throughout the years, and so many of the results are conflicting... but it's interesting to think that humans generally need less sleep as they get older. You'd think it'd be the other way around. o:
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — they / he Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 02:26:56 )
I ususally get 6-9 hours of sleep. Honestly though, if I could I'd only sleep for like 3 hours a day just because I want to play games and do art more than sleep ;u; I don't usually feel like doing anything once I'm off work though, so sleep is needed...
Always @ me
DATHIGTwitter

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 02:31:32 )
I usually try to get like 9-10 hours of sleep since that's what works best for me. I'm very well rested after that. 7-8 hours is okay too, but I'm usually pretty tired when I wake up. The bare minimum I can handle is 6 hours though, anything less than that and I can't function.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 02:42:02 )

Around 6 or 7 hours. I wish I could sleep more but I have hard time getting to sleep. And I always have to get up at 6AM.

Donator — Pie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 06:56:28 )
12 hours of sleep would be grand. Though all that sleeping would be cutting into video gaming and going on hikes/walks/general trips.

What really happens? One day I sleep for 1 hour, the next it's 14. There is no regular sleeping pattern, since I am a night owl and my work starts at 5am. So no matter how tired I get before, during, or after work, when 7pm hits it's party time. Then at around 2am, it's lights out for two hours. Yay!

Donator — Winchester Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 18:11:03 )
Peony:
maybe around 5-7 hours, but 8 sounds great right about now haha

Same for me xD I'm an extremely light sleeper, so, when the dog walks around to drink some water in the living room, I wake up from it. I'm fine, as long as I get 6 hours of sleep, but it doesn't always work out that way.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.