Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Community Garden Event Planting Seeds (come chat)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 03:43:08 )
@PoeticTorment: would love to see green house when it is built, yes the weather can be an issue when having a garden that is for sure.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 03:52:53 )

Please ping!! I am a busy mom and tend to get lost~

@The Monster: Might be a while before I'll be able to post a photo since we got a lot of plans we're trying to do.
Once it gets it done cause I'll probably ask everyone what kinds of plants they think I should add.
Yeah, we tend to plant stuff that works really well for our area at least so most of them survive the weather.
My biggest issue atm is I'm very allergic to weeds so gardening tends to be torture for me. (Plus plants don't like me lol)
My SO on the other hand can grow things like tomatoes and they'd still be growing during winter. XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 04:01:52 )
@PoeticTorment: those would be good have, I like big tomatoes, and little cherry tomatoes. Ai know what you mean on the weeds the ragweeds are so tall here some are growing right next to my neighbors house and it isn't a great weed makes everyone sneeze

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 04:06:42 )

@The Monster: I'm definitely making steps to improve. Now if only I could find the willpower to go out and walk despite the heat/humidity here even in the mornings. :P

Side note: Aaaaa I love tomatoes they're the best! I just needed to express that because they were mentioned. XD

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 04:11:25 )

@The Monster: Yeah, we had so many we couldn't even give them away at the time. I think we made everyone sick of them.
Yeah... I wish it was just sneezing for me! I'm extremely allergic to the point my throat closes up due to them. It's not fun.

@CooperationIsKey: Lol They are really good. But if you have tons and tons, it does get tiring eating them. We learned that the hard way. Lmao

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 04:25:46 )

@PoeticTorment: Oh gosh, and they can be pretty prolific growers, too, lol. I suppose you can get tired of anything if you have enough of it!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 04:44:43 )
@CooperationIsKey: lucky for me it is cool in the morning, it is even cool here at night. But in the afternoon it is warm. Fall is pretty much here

@PoeticTorment: that isn't good, I have seasonal allergies, I only get stuffed up, sneeze to many times in a row, and hard to breathe not fun.

Tomatoes are a favorite for me, the ones you can slice and make a sandwich with, or make a wrap out of. (Which I haven't done in a long time) I mostly put tomatoes in salads, or pasta salads. Can always make salsa with tomatoes if you like that sort of thing, or find ways to make Spaghetti sauce

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 05:15:53 )

@CooperationIsKey: Lol Yeah. We haven't done tomatoes since.
I think if we do grow them again we'll do fewer plants cause we had enough to feed an army with what we had.

@The Monster: Eh, I have a weaker immunity so I'm used to it. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. *^*
Yeah, we mainly used them fresh since we couldn't get canning stuff at the time.
Otherwise, I would have made sauces and such cause pasta was one of my favorites.
Rice pasta doesn't quite taste the same so I miss it. XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 05:32:14 )
@PoeticTorment: so sorry to hear that. This is why I love fall it is when the weeds die off along with the mosquitoes, have you ever had Fried green tomatoes?

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 05:41:19 )

I don't get to have tomato dishes nearly as often as I'd like because my roommate is allergic and we tend to do dinners together (despite my trying to separate meals for reasons of my own health; she kinda doesn't take "no" well and she's my landlord, so...).

I haven't had fried green tomatoes, myself, that I can recall, but I had fancy sliced tomatoes of various colors at a restaurant once. They were good!

Please ping me!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 05:57:43 )

@The Monster: Lol Right? And it cools off just right. *^*
And yes! I love fried green tomatoes.
That makes me miss my ma and da and their wonderful cooking.

@CooperationIsKey: Ah, yeah. That's a tough situation. Maybe sneaking off for a meal would let you get some?
Lol All tomatoes are good. But fried tomatoes are a country dish that needs to be savored.
They taste so good on a sandwich. Man I miss eating stuff like that! XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 06:21:26 )
@CooperationIsKey: awe I am so sorry to hear that you can't have many dishes with tomatoes alone to yourself. I had Fried green tomatoes once and I loved them.

@PoeticTorment: that it does for cooling off just right, this summer has been a rather hot one. Awe I didn't mean to make you sad at missing them. Fried green tomatoes are yummy I gotta try them again sometime. I remember getting yelled at for eating them I guess they were for a party or family reunion back when I was younger hard to say on which one.

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 07:01:27 )
@The Monster: good morning over here:) did you have a nice weekend?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 07:42:09 )
@Miss Sandman: it has been an okay rainy weekend, still have Monday as the 3 day weekend here I forgot it was a holiday. How goes your weekend?

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 10:51:46 )

@The Monster: I don’t even know what a festival foods is so I’m gonna say no xD

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 12:53:02 )
@The Monster: oh really? what holiday is it?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 20:23:11 )
@Ruby: it is one of the stores in my town there used to be more in my state someone once said that to me but I honestly don't know anymore on that. We do have an Aldi's but I rarely go there anymore, only once in a while I go, not like everyday.

@Miss Sandman: it is Labor Day, tomorrow so most places will be closed like post office, banks, certain stores, ect. But most websites ect, are doing a Labor Day Sale. I have a friend whose birthday is going on and she is doing a Birthday Sale instead on her art which I love and get it in the mail there are some more art peices that I still want to order from her yet along with stickers.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 21:24:32 )

@The Monster: Yeah, overly hot. I'm so glad it's starting to cool off, at least in the evenings.
Only a little melancholy. I do miss them but it doesn't make me very sad since I know they'd want me to be happy.
Yeah, if you like fried foods! And they're not hard to make. Though it depends on what area you're at for what kind of recipe.
That's not very nice of them to yell at you for it. *^*;

Please ping!! I'm a busy mom and tend to get lost~

^^Page prizes = FREE Sketch!!
It's only forever~ It's not long at all...

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 23:07:33 )
@The Monster: haha you should order as much Art as you can! Local artists are so much fun to discover:)
What will the piece Show you buy from them?
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 03:50:51 )

@The Monster: I usually get my groceries from walmart lol or Lowe’s foods. But we also have publix, harris teeter, and food lion. Aldi’s too but I never go there lol

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.