Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Community Garden Event Planting Seeds (come chat)

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/4 22:20:25 )

@The Monster: no worries I fell asleep too lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/4 23:06:52 )
@PoeticTorment: having that many beautiful flowers sound great, though I have never heard of armyworms, I had to go look those up, glad there not here at least I don't think that they are.

@Ruby: hopefully you had a great nights rest, I was able to sleep in with my little but it was rainy here again today.

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/4 23:08:07 )

@The Monster: I slept alright lol wasn’t the best sleep but I didn’t wake up a bunch or have any nightmares so I guess that’s good lol

Trying to decide what to do today now

How was your day?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/4 23:27:05 )
@Ruby: that is good that you didn't have any nightmares, or wake up a lot. I had a few nightmares, but I enjoyed being able to sleep in. I washed Strawberries and Cotton Candy Grapes, cut up the strawberries, made up some pizza brats, they taste good but I didn't get them for me. Trying to clear up some freezer space and eat some stuff that is frozen, I have to cook up my Yellow Zucchini yet. It has been an a okay day today thank you for asking

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/4 23:29:15 )

@The Monster: sounds lovely, the food anyway :) what are cotton candy grapes?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/4 23:35:07 )
@Ruby: there green seedless grapes that taste just like cotton candy.

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/4 23:37:01 )

@The Monster: oh wow! That’s cool :) I only like green grapes, I should try to find some that are the cotton candy type

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 00:00:26 )
@Ruby: there is only one store in my town that currently sells the green cotton candy grapes, that same store also sells Gum Drop grapes those are a purple color, and then there is the dark purple Moon Drop Grapes, all taste great but the cotton candy grapes are a favorite in my house hold

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 00:03:51 )

@The Monster: which store do you get them from? Maybe they have it here too lol

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 00:34:04 )

@The Monster: I still haven't tried the cotton candy grapes! Aldi had them once but I didn't buy them and I've been kicking myself ever since because they've not had them since. And I had to look up 'yellow zucchini'; I'm not sure where you're from but turns out it's what we call summer squash! Which is really good when cooked and seasoned right, but my roommate just chops it into slices and boils it to mush. Bleh.

Gum Drop and Moon Drop grapes intrigue me, too.

Actually when I was at my Dad's recently we had, I think they were Apriums? A cross between apricots and plums. They were really tasty! I love interesting stuff like that. :D

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 01:59:16 )
@Ruby: do you have a festival foods? If not just look in the stores around near where you live at.

@CooperationIsKey: I am sorry to hear that you haven't been able to try out the cotton candy grapes yet, I hope that you get to someday, Yeah here we call it Yellow Zucchini, but some also call it summer squash. It tastes better than the Green Zucchini. I cook mine up in a frying pan and season it, it tastes better that way

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 02:18:04 )

@The Monster: Oh definitely if it's done right it's delicious! My mom made summer squash fritters one year and they were amazing; my brothers and I (and she) were eating them about as fast as my mom could cook them, lmao.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 02:28:54 )
@CooperationIsKey: my mom made them that way, and we both eat them like that, my little won't eat them yet. My little only likes certain things but mostly likes fruits and some vegetables but not all.

I sent you a nice trade one of the items is a crate item most are rainbow items hopefully they come in handy to you.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 02:34:20 )

@The Monster: Aw, I'll bet your little one will come around in time. That's good that they like fruits and veggies though; I'm always impressed with kids who actually enjoy healthy foods.

And oh my goodness, thank you so very much! You're so kind. You sure you don't want anything for all this? X3

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 02:39:36 )

Please ping!! I am a busy mom and tend to get lost~

@The Monster: Yeah, they tend to be pretty hardy too so I don't have to do much for them to be healthy.
I'm glad they're not in your area. They destroy all plants they get too. *^*;
I'm hoping our grapevine survives it. It had to be transplanted so it couldn't produce this year.
But those suckers will trash it.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 02:53:43 )
@CooperationIsKey: Ooooh I am sure she will some day, she only likes fish, shrimp, chicken, turkey on her own time along with other meats. I don't eat a lot of meats I try to eat healthy, because I have to. But well I was pregnant with her, I mostly ate fruits, veggies, chicken, some candy, pasta. She loves most of what I ate, back then. Yes I am very sure, I am trying to get rid of stuff that I don't really use anymore. Weather I sell it, or give it away.

@PoeticTorment: I am so sorry to hear that, it almost reminds me of the japanese beetles, they chew up our mulberry trees, wildgrapes vines, berry vines, rose bushes, hostas and so much more they chewed up a friends plantain/banana tree. They eat anything and everything so it seems.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 03:07:16 )

@The Monster: I have a preference for fish and poultry myself, lol. I'm trying to eat more healthy myself; I'm overweight and have health problems and I know I can do better, but boy is it hard. It's not like I was raised to eat poorly but as soon as I had the freedom of buying my own groceries I guess I went a bit bonkers, lol. Trying to learn to control that impulse to buy junk now. And thank you so much (again)! It's very sweet of you. X3

Please ping me!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 03:21:07 )

@The Monster: Yeah, they tend to be just as bad.
We plan on doing a greenhouse as soon as we can build one.
That way our garden stays safer. It's a lot of work though.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 03:30:12 )
@CooperationIsKey: you're so very welcome, I know what you mean, I grew up on mostly fruits, and veggies, fish, shrimp, chicken, ect but the love of good chocolate, and chocolate in general runs in my bloodline. But when able to buy junk food is another issue for me even. So not to worry on that one I was raised to eat healthy but a few life turns got me off that path more than once, but still changing that.

@PoeticTorment: a green house is always a great way to do things right on keeping everything safe, even if it may take some time.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 03:34:17 )

@The Monster: Yeah, that's what we figured. Plus our weather can be really bad at times so it'll help decrease plant damage.
And I won't have to deal with weeds in the greenhouse either with is a huge plus for me. XD

Please ping!! I'm a busy mom and tend to get lost~

^^Page prizes = FREE Sketch!!
It's only forever~ It's not long at all...

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.