Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Community Garden Event Hangout with me here!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 16:45:45 )

So very sleepy.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 16:46:03 )
@Whimsy: I can't say for sure, but it probably is. Leave it to us goofy Americans to create large fenced in areas intended for dogs to play with each other...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 16:47:15 )
Yeah, me too AMA. The rain isn't helping either. It was sunny earlier but right now it's rainy. And a rather large branch came out of a tree in the back yard and landed on our lanai. Fortunately it doesn't seem to have broken the screens or anything.

Is nap time nao??

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 16:48:06 )
@Wildfire: it's kind of adorable lol. american are more likely to adopt dogs too i think.

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 16:48:47 )
@koneko: I'm doing well, thank you! Just trying my best to stay afloat. Gonna have a frozen pizza for lunch here in a sec. :) I'm sorry that your dog was a goober at the dog park, but at least he got to run around!

@wildfire: Not much today, honestly! Gonna be working until 4:45 est, then I have my WoW raid at 8. :v

Dog parks are a good idea in THEORY, but like. 90% of people that own dogs shouldn't be dog owners. They have no intention of training or disciplining their dog. :/

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 16:49:31 )
@Whimsy: Could be. Both of our dogs are rescues/adopted :3
And yeah, I guess the idea of dog parks is kind of adorable in its own way. I've never thought of it like that tbh!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 16:53:44 )
@Elirona: lol. sounds like a decent day, actually.

Dog training takes constant attention and reminders for the dog and most people aren't interested, imo. But what I've found to be probably worse than the "loosely trained" dogs at the park are the dog owners who seem to think their "poochie" can do absolutely no wrong - either in the truly aggressive sense, or in the "how dare that other dog sniff Poochie's butt like that? *gasp*!"

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 17:02:48 )

@Wildfire: I can nap after my laundry is finished.

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 17:19:57 )
@Wildfire: that's heartwarming

@Another Movie Addict: your post style is making me hungry :viosweat:

roleplay search | tarot readings | buying ohms (pm me) | questing: styr

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 17:23:41 )

@Whimsy: Lol same.

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 17:42:20 )
@wildfire: Yeah, a lot of people don't really understand that dogs are living things that must be taught and not just like. Property? or a toy? and if your dog that you didn't bother training attacks my dog, I'm definitely gonna protect my dog over yours. Its the same thing with people who take their dogs on walks without leashes. Your dog may be "friendly" but how do you know *my* dog is friendly?

@koneko: I agree. I remember reading somewhere that in Germany or Austria you literally cannot have a dog if you don't take classes on training it.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 18:00:17 )

@Elirona: Kinda lol. I was just chilling and checking out reddit.
I spend the morning cleaning. We are having someone watch the animals while we are away starting next week. So she came today to see the place and meet the animals.

@koneko: RIP RIP. That sucks. How are you feeling now?

@Wildfire: Well that sucks. I hate those days. Mine is I didn't go to sleep until 1:30am and then I was awake when the alarm was up and I felt like it was too early and I didn't get enough sleep. Yours sounds worst though. I was away for the last 2-3 hours to clean the house and meet with the person that is going to watch our animals while we are in FL.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 18:02:28 )

@Whimsy: I'm enjoying it too!
I feel like dog parks are kinda a newer thing. I don't ever remember seeing them growing up. It's good for people that have dogs that have a ton of energy. Also good if you don't have a backyard.

@Another Movie Addict: Take a nap? Have coffee?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 18:03:51 )
@koneko: lol. I tend to agree! :3

@Another Movie Addict: are you getting rained on too? It's a good day for naps :3

@Whimsy: awwww, thanks <3 It just seemed the right thing to do...

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 18:05:22 )

Ok kitchen completed cleaned, dishes done, house decluttered, vacuuming had! lol
Now I can chill for a little bit and then do some studying.

I got a bit chunk done yesterday in only about 4 hours of studying. I feel proud lol. Today is tackling part of the study guide and also watching the professor presentation on the units I just read yesterday. The videos really help me since I'm such an auditory learner. It's also faster than reading if I need to re-remember something for the class.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 18:08:58 )
@Elirona: exactly... but I've had people over-react to my dogs just wanting to say "hi" or play... with the humans misunderstanding that the dogs just need to sort themselves out - that there's a difference between normal, healthy pack behavior and true aggression. And yes! The leashless dogs make me crazy!! Or the people who basically do the same thing - it's like "Oh sure! Just sneak up and surprise an unknown dog? Do you want to be attacked because that's just a normal reaction when you surprise a dog (or person) like that?"

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I woke up at 1:30 and was up/fitful dozing until about 4:30 or maybe even later. It sucked.
How'd the meeting with the animal sitter go?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 18:10:06 )

@Wildfire: Why do you think that was? Did you have caffeine too late?
It went well. I like her a lot. The animals were there normal selves around here. She has all 5-star reviews on Rover too. :)

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 18:13:04 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm not entirely sure. I did have a little wine last night which may have played a part, but my belly was all upset, and I was hot and uncomfortable and ... I don't know. It wasn't good, and it's affecting my day today - I'm too tired to really want to focus on anything that matters (because I know my attention isn't really there), or do anything like cleaning (plus I just cleaned like two days ago), but I'm also a little restless... :(

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 18:17:22 )

@Wildfire: No rain.
@Totalanimefan: I've had coffee.

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 18:17:32 )
@wildfire: Sorry, I have a lot of dog-related opinions, apparently. I'm glad we're on the same page. :)

@totalanimefan: Oh, yay! I hope the meeting with your house sitter went well! where are y'all going for vacation? :O

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.