Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Community Garden Event Hangout with me here!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 18:23:45 )
@Elirona: lol. You have nothing to apologize about. If another dog attacks mine, I'll be protecting my dog as well... but a couple barks does not an attack make - and I've seen people over-react to that as if the other dog is actually attacking their "Poopsie", when it's not. Likewise, dog owners who ignore that their dog really IS a menace are issues too. Sooooo many nuances and stuff to sort through - and in a dog park those nuanced waters apply to the people as well as to the dogs. It's part of the reason we tend not to go very often. And yes, I do think we're on the same page. :3

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 18:30:23 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | Garnet

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Totalanimefan: dunno, could of been a cat cut or a scratch or something 'shrugs' I don't really notice my legs or stomach area when they get injured unless they get in infection. anyways the infection formed a bubble, which broke open and I've been working on the wounds 'nods' its going good butits.. very tiring. as this is the third time on a limb that I've had to doctor it 'sigh' <:3( )~~

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 18:33:04 )

@Wildfire: I hope you feel better. Maybe you should try to have a nap today?

@Another Movie Addict: Nice. ^^ I had Chai to wait me up.

@Elirona: FL. Which now is like not the best idea, but I made the trip in June. And my family and myself is fully vaxxed. I would like to see my family there. Haven't been since 2018.

@star2000shadow: Oh I see. That's not good. Hope it will be ok. ^^

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 18:34:41 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Totalanimefan: eh, as long as I catcht hem before they get bad again, I'll be fine 'shrugs' so how goes your event? <:3( )~~

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 18:36:24 )

@star2000shadow: Good. The event is going well for you. I love being able to chat with everyone. There are users that only hang during the events and it's nice to see them.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 18:38:29 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, nice idea but I'm too awake to nap... too tired to be productive. I might go hang a hammock and read for a bit if it's not completely nasty out there (which is probably is - my glasses were fogging up earlier going from moderate a/c to outside and back)...

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 18:46:23 )

@Wildfire: Hammock sounds nice but it also sounds like the weather isn't that good today.
We are having a cloudy day too in DC.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 18:49:13 )
Total - yeah, the hammock does sound nice, doesn't it? The sun is back out again now (typical Florida - lol!) so I'm not sure how nasty it feels out there at the moment. I'm sorry to hear that it's cloudy in DC today.

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 19:09:22 )
@wildfire: Oh yeah, definitely. Of course barks don't really amount to anything, but if they try to go at my dog...it'll be a bad time for everyone, I think. :p

@totalanimefan: It'd be a good time to see your family, yeah. As long as you're all fully vaxxed like you said, you should be ok.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 19:09:24 )

Good afternoon, all! Despite the heat I managed a decent nap and I'm feeling a little better.

Also I have a salmon salad and tomato sammich and it's yummy.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 19:11:00 )

I had some stew and samosas for lunch. Was delicious.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 19:19:56 )

@Wildfire: It's ok. It's keeping it cool so that's good. It's been mostly sunny around here.
@Elirona: I hope so! No breakthroughs!
@CooperationIsKey: That's good. When is the AC gonna get fixed?
@Another Movie Addict: That sounds really good!

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 19:21:48 )

@Totalanimefan: Was gonna be today but the guy hasn't shown up yet. Roommate has been talking to him via text and he said if it rained he wouldn't be able to install the new compressor, but it hasn't rained and I haven't heard from her in a few hours either so I have no idea. Hopefully today but possibly tomorrow. :/

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 19:29:29 )

Ok guys. I got the tea to spill.

So a year ago I was a temp at a legal office and I was really good at my job and I thought that they were going to hire me. The company would hire pretty much all the long term temps like me.
Turns out my boss's boss (who was new to the company) didn't like me because I was a temp or something? She like thought that I did nothing for some reason. Whatever. So she hired another person to the legal team that did a job like mine because we needed another person on the paralegal team. HR gave the paralegal team another space to grow the team.
Turns out said boss didn't tell HR that this new girl was my replacement. AND didn't tell HR they were going to fire me. After this new girl was trained in a new system, the boss's boss told everyone in a meeting (including me) that I was going to be let go when the new system was opened and that we didn't need a person with my skill set anymore (instead of just teaching me the new system)
Everyone was super shocked and had no idea. Everyone thought that I was going to be hired. The executive admin even filled a complaint to her boss (the VP of legal) saying why are we letting Totalanimefan go? She is really good. No one complains about her and she knows how to do her job.
Whatever I guess, but I am glad she stood up for me. Made me happy.

Well that was Sept 2020. Today I'm on LinkedIn and I see my boss posts an opening for the legal team, I look at it and I'm like...this is/was my job? So then I looked at the profile of that 'new' girl that was my replacement. She freaking left one year into the job hahaha. And must have given no notice because they didn't hire someone to replace her before she left. That's what you freaking get for replacing me and not just hiring me. I really liked the team and the work so I probably wouldn't have left. And at the very least if I did, I would have given a notice. Karma's a real bitch isn't it, bitch? hahahah

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 19:49:22 )

@CooperationIsKey: Oh I see. I hope at least tomorrow then.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 19:56:42 )

@Totalanimefan: Wow, that's super shitty of that employer, I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I guess there's a bit of satisfying karma at the end there, though!

And yeah... looks like it'll be raining this afternoon so I don't think it'll be happening today (he can't install it in the rain).

It sucks; I've been having trouble sleeping but my poor roommate has been having trouble keeping food down from the heat. So working A/C can't come soon enough!

Please ping me!

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 20:03:24 )
@totalanimefan: I'm sending all the good juju I have for you to have a safe trip!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 20:04:36 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Totalanimefan:

@star2000shadow: Good. The event is going well for you. I love being able to chat with everyone. There are users that only hang during the events and it's nice to see them.

this is true 'nods' I pop in a lot but often don't say anything because I'm just not in a talking mood. I talk during events cause its fun 'rubs eyes' I've also been playing my sims 4 'nods' I do love me some sims. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 20:07:15 )

@CooperationIsKey: I know. I was soo upset last year. Everyone was like oh they asked for you back during the pandemic? They are gonna hire you. And things like oh we hire almost all the temps we use long term.
I really liked my immediate team. Job didn't start too early, was Mon-Fri And I found the job challenging without it ever feeling like I just jumped into the deep end of the pool. I was appreciated by my team and my boss. Just not the boss's boss but she was a bitch to everyone anyway.
And the fact that she lied to HR. Like how is she still working there?
But today I was just like haha that's what you get for being shitty and sneaky. That girl you hired just turned her back on you. Probably thought hey I might get replaced just like Total did.

Oh that's really awful! You guys totally need to hangout somewhere with AC. Just walk down the Publix freezer isle or something.

@Elirona: Thank you so much! We are going to be careful but also still have fun. Anything up with you?

@star2000shadow: I feel that. There are times when I'm not on Voltra (mostly in the evening) cause I'm like I don't have the mental energy to be social.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 20:10:02 )
-returns-
It's raining again. It was sunny 5 minutes ago... Aaaaaahhhh, Florida... XD

@Elirona: oh yeah - I don't blame you. There would be chaos here too if another dog tried attacking either of mine. That would not end well.

Everyone's lunches sound good. I didn't have lunch...

@Totalanimefan: at least the clouds are keeping things cool there. :3
That's quite the story. That is quite unprofessional to have a boss tell you they're letting you go in front of everyone!! I agree though - it sounds like some karma came their way :3

@CooperationIsKey: still no a/c? ooooh maaaaan... I'm sorry. It's steamy out there today - I feel for you :(

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.