Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Howdy I'm New

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/21 18:08:06 )
I've been looking for active avi sites to hang out on. Yes, if you recognize the name, then I am most likely that Rei Ann, from xyz site. Howdy!
I love playing video games like rpgs and the sims.
I I like roleplaying and watching some anime and fandom shows.

Looking forward to getting to know the community here.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/21 19:43:24 )

@Rei Ann:
Hello, and welcome to Voltra! :)

Were you ever on Solia, by chance? Your username seems familiar.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/21 19:52:06 )
@Ark: Hello and thank you. Yes, I use to be on solia, a long time ago. I was the girl, who's avi's were 90% of the time always azure blue.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/21 20:05:38 )

@Rei Ann: Hmm, I think I vaguely remember your avatar! :velvethappy:

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/21 20:26:09 )
@Ark: Yeah, my old avi looked like this alot.

@Ava: Yeah, it's been some time. I didn't realize the update, was that long ago. Dang time flies. It's great to meet you as well. I do like roleplaying, it's been a while since I've had a chance to do any. I think the last time I had a good indepth roleplay doing, was some years ago on gaia.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/21 21:26:50 )
@Ava: Yeah, I heard some of users felt that way too, at least according to the reddit post I saw today. I think the game was a interest concept on paper, I didn't play it much, after the switch, so I don't know how it held up. But I did see a lot of the forum sites I joined in my earlier days fade away, so I can see wanting to try something else so I could stay around.

I am interested in finding some roleplays. I haven't looked much yet, I do tend to prefer 1x1, as well more fandomy based ones. But if you have a recruit/searching topic, care to point me to it?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/21 22:33:42 )
@Ava: Well I assume it's still around. I haven't been on solia in years. So idk.

Well for fandoms, it's older ones, from when I was a kid, or like the mcu. So like Harry Potter, Teen Titans, OUAT etc. I'd have to go find an old topic of mine from another site to get the whole list. But I also do nonfandom stuff.

I totally get how that's disappointing. I had a whole spell of life, where everything got so crazy. Like constant work, wedding stuff, covid, mom dying. Been crazy, but I am def jonesing for some good roleplay times. All my old partners also got life busy.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/21 23:34:47 )
@Ava: I hope so. I've been on avi sites, since I was basically a tween, and it's so sad, to see so many sites I joined, just dead. I want the avi sites to live on forever, but I don't know if the connect well with the Gen Z.

Yeah, on the site Mene, my whole avatar is Raven from Teen Titans, that's once place I always got to rp my robrae shipping dreams. My mcu, tends to run more ocxmcu character.

Man I'm jelly, my fiance works from home at a remote job, but I have to pull the 8:30 to 5 at an office. Thankfully the drive is close. Thank you!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/21 23:37:38 )

Welcome to Voltra!
      I feel like your username is vaguely familiar, but I have a terrible memory so who knows. lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/21 23:54:54 )
@Ava: Yeah, I would agree with that statement, just based off the reactions of my gen z siblings. Though maybe that's due to the big age gap between us.

Yeah, basically if you are on any avatar site, and find someone name Rei Ann, or Rei Ann2(just gaia), that's most likely me.

So I already hit up your thread for a non fandom one, but maybe we could have two roleplays, because I am dying for a MCU rp, and I can play a semi decent Cap for someone. I have a whole crew of oc's, who I either ship with Loki or Bucky. I even have plot ideas, au ideas.

I work in legal, basically I'm a paralegal. I went to college for history, but ended up doing law work. I actually really enjoy it, because no two cases are the same. I may do the same documents for a case, but everything is so different, that it's never dull. Which I find keeps me motivate at working, though I am never going to be a lawyer, because I dread law school. It seems to be able to attend law school, you have to basically be unemployed for three years to do well. I already did 4 years of college, I'm good on that. I mean I've made friends through work, but I find that it's not like people one hangs on the weekend with.

What do you do for work?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 00:59:30 )
@Ava:
I hope so. I would love more sites to come around. Or at least more interest in the ones still existing.

No worries. I myself, am playing the sims between posts, so I don't mind the delay. We can take the chatting on rps to your thread, if you'd like, and I can share my mcu ideas.

Yeah, I myself would like more friends too. It's the one aspect of school I miss. I feel it was so much easier back then to make friends.

Ooooh that sounds like an interesting job. I was a theater kid in high school, thought I was going to prusue being a Voice Actor, but found I didn't have the drive for it. What's it like being in commercials? Well I did hear that the pandemy made everything much harder. I know that with acting, it can take some time.

I feel that way sometimes too with my job, when I feel stuck in a runt. I hope soon you land a role.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 01:22:51 )
@Ava: Well I was a nerdy kid, I didn't have tons of friends, but I for sure had more than I do now. I have like a few close friends, and even then I don't get to see them much. Being an adult can be so busy sometimes.

I didn't get to do much acting, I always had smaller roles, as I run more heavy set. Though I've always wanted to be an extra in a movie, just for the heck of it. That sounds like a fun role. Going through the back end of the production, aka wardrobe and makeup sounds so cool. Are the days long during filimg?

I think that might be how all of adult hood is? Lots of guessing, am I doing the right thing.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 01:41:23 )
@Ava: I had the issue too. Either they have kids, or moved away. If I think about it, I only really hang out nowadays with one friend from my hometown. Rest are people I meet in college.

A coworker of mine had a similar experience to your Bollywood one. She told us she got heat stroke when she was an Extra on some Bernie Mack film. Though sounds like it can vary on both sides. Maybe I don't want to be an extra though. I just think it would be neat. The same for being in a Broadway play.

So it sounds like commercials are shorter, but if you are an extra, expect to spend extra time on set. Seems a bit backwards to me, but I guess films and shows have a more shots to get? What's your favorite type of media to shot, like commercials or movies, etc?

Truly, but, I found that life is just kinda like that. There were points in my college days, I thought nothing was ever going to go my way, and then one year lots of things fell into place. I got a better job, found the love of life, and before I knew it, I'm getting married, if covid ever lets me have a wedding, and I own a house. It's odd how things can change in a blink of an eye. So I'd like to think these are just natural bumps, and before you know it bam, job of the dreams will hit.

Donator — A.I. Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 16:28:28 )

Welcome to Voltra! I just returned from a hiatus myself. This place is lovely. <3 And you'll definitely see plenty of familiar names!

I hope you like it here! :D

please ping me if you need my attention! || be excellent to each other

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 16:44:48 )
@Vii: Thank you for the welcome, and you are right, I have seen some familiar names. Hope you have a good day.

Donator — A.I. Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 17:24:29 )

@Rei Ann: Thank you, hopefully today treats you nicely too!

It's finally my weekend after a few rough days at work, so I'm definitely going to savour it lol

please ping me if you need my attention! || be excellent to each other
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 17:46:16 )
@Vii: Oh that's for sure a reason to savior it. Today is my last day of the weekend, so like the song says it's my fun day.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 01:53:59 )
Hi there and welcome to Voltra! :vanora_smile: Hope you're having a great time ^^

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 01:55:17 )
@ChiffonOrange: Thank you for the welcome. I am having a very good time. I hope your day/evening/night is going well.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 01:58:31 )
@rei ann: No problem and thank you, I wish you the same as well :vivihappy:

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.