Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day Event 2021 Chat with me. -Last minute currency earning!-

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/12 16:23:10 )

@Colin: lol sorry, didn't know it was that bad haha.
There are places like that in the US too. My family in PA doesn't live in the city. My mom has an old farm house in the middle of no where and a friend of the family lives right next to protected woods that you can't hunt in. He gets animals in his backyard all the time. He loves taking pictures of them. I don't know if my mom sees any animals because even though it's a small village with like I don't know less than 1,000 people, she is right next to the 'main' road.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/12 18:33:10 )

Questing: Ruby | Corrupted Icho | Falling Star | Untamed | Doggo of Death |Devil's Food Cake x2

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Totalanimefan: hey at least i can send gifts to you when im able so it works. 'rubs face' ugg today sucked in the walking department. almost didn't get the last lap in. <:3( )~~

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/12 19:34:18 )

@star2000shadow: why was that? Was the weather bad?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/12 21:29:26 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@totalanimefan: Wild animals are great when they give safe photo opportunities. Though when it gets dark out there, and you're walking down the dirt road, it is... TERRIFYING to look into the woods and see glowing eyes looking back at you sometimes.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/12 22:57:54 )

Questing: Ruby | Corrupted Icho | Falling Star | Untamed | Doggo of Death |Devil's Food Cake x2

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Totalanimefan:

@star2000shadow: why was that? Was the weather bad?

oh no i went tot he wound clinic yesterday, and did a lot of walking. so it affected today im doing more and more moving around but that's a good thing so. yesterday was lovely. though last night was a bit chilly today we're in the 60's which is nice. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 02:28:13 )

@Colin: I agree. I didn’t ever want to spend the night at that house lol
@star2000shadow: oh I see. How are you healing?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 03:25:54 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Curtains are best friends. Close them up and shut the outside world away.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 03:48:59 )

@Colin: yes they definitely help make a place feel less creepy at night. I don’t know why that is though lol

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 04:58:33 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: I'm no psychiatrist (took a class in uni for one year, so I probably know just enough to be dangerous), but I would think that it helps shut away the world. Not in a bad way, but... well, there is comfort in knowing there are barricades up, boundaries set. You are aware of your surroundings, you know exactly what surrounds you within your (now limited) viewing range, and it helps that you generally feel safe in your own home/room/whatever.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 17:27:11 )

@Colin: I was thinking that too, and I was also thinking it's probably something like your brain can't see all that there is outside your shelter, so it feels safe that way. No looking into the darkness and hoping there isn't a predator.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 17:58:23 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Indeed, most brains DO work on that logic. On a subconscious level, if we can't see anything around us, but CAN clearly see ALL the boundaries that surround us, we tend to feel safe.

Which only goes so far, but as far as 'eyes in the dark that you don't know what they belong to' goes, it's a safe bet to go with the logic of "if I can't see it, it can't hurt me."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 18:05:12 )

@Colin: Yup. Sometimes our monkey brains are just that simple lol
I'm really enjoying the 3x exp this week. I hope you have the time to take advantage of it. I did for spotlight hour and it was great.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 18:12:14 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Nothin' wrong with indulging in the occasional "out of sight, out of mind".

The 3x exp, combined with the spotlight, is and was, amazing. SO many dratini! So many candies to rack up! And not a single shiny. Though I'd rather find a 'perfectly appraised' dratini, than a shiny one, to be honest.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 18:16:05 )

@Colin: I have two shinies from community day in 2018 and I haven't found one since. I did get a lot of candies but I missed the first 30 mins because I was playing Pokemon Snap lol.
I did go hard for 30 mins with a lucky egg and I got so many excellence. Still no hundo and no new shiny but I was still happy for the exp and the candies. I think I'm at like 140 XL candies. So that's good. I need something like 296, but I'm getting there lol

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 18:33:19 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: The conversion of candy -> XL candy is absurd. 100 candies = 1 XL candy. And the first XL level up requires 10 XL candies. 1000 regular candies for a single level up.

However, because of the dratini spam, I have a crapload of those XL candies, too. So not like I can complain. I'm at around... 150ish? I think? Enough that if I straight up power up my dragonite right now, it'll be one of my top CP 'mons.

But I'm holding out until the event ends. Maybe I'll find that illusive 4* dratini, heh.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 18:39:15 )

@Colin: I know T_T They wanted to make it hard on purpose. I wish that it was 50 candies per 1 XL.
Good news is that after level 40 you can earn XL candies through catching. So it helps. I don't think I'll be able to get enough XL candies for it to get to level 50 by the time this event ends. I'm not yet at that level where you have to level up 3 pokemon to level 50. So that's good. Maybe there will be around dragon event in the future.
I have a Dragonite that I caught in the wild in 2016. I had a wonderful time trying to catch it with my husband and I named him Memories. He's a level 40 89% Dragonite. I want to make him level 50 for the level up quest when I get to it. I also hope to find a Hundo dratini too.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 19:26:41 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Those older Pokemon really can hold memories, can't they?

And the DREAM for me in Go, is a hundo shiny dratini. That would be the ultimate. But... I'll settle for just a undo regular one. That'd be neat.

I'm not really hitting the level-up grind hard. I just do what I do. Only thing I'm really concentrating on doing is the Masterwork research.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 19:42:25 )

@Colin: Yeah the memories from this game can be great. I remember seeing it on a scanner, my husband and I driving to the location and us taking turns nervously trying to catch it without it running away. lol
I would love a Shundo! That would be amazing. My Ray is a Shundo! I caught it on lunch break with my then boss and we both screamed when we saw it lol. That's my only Shundo lol
What level are you again? I want to level up to level 50 to get that awesome Jacket, but I'm probably like years away

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 20:10:11 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: You have a shundo Ray!? LUCKY! Of all Shundos to have, that's a great one to have.

And I'm level 41, getting close to 42. I've had the prerequisite tasks done for a while now.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 20:30:06 )

@Colin: Oh I know. It was the best one dollar I've ever spent haha. I was on lunch break like I said with my boss and we were driving around trying to find Ray raids. We saw one more about a block from work and he was like, do you want to do one more, I said sure. I'll just buy one pass. So we did the Ray and I saw when the numbers were going down after the raid that it was a hundo. Then I said what if it's shiny. We both looked at my phone together and then both screamed in the car when it was shiny! Haha. Talk about a great memory and a great story. I have him named in Japanese 100 percent. lol

Maybe you could make it this week with the 3x exp. This weekend is community day and it's not hard to hit excellent on Swablu. So go and get it! I like the tasks for leveling up. I feel like you always have something that you are working towards. I'm also working on the New Research. I need to complete more field search tasks (for leveling up and for Mew), I need to walk like 80 more kms for Mew and catch about 200 more Pokemon for Mew. Without those goals sometimes I make my own but it's more motivating when I have an in-game research. I'm glad that they added that feature about two years ago. (Might be closer to 3 now)

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.