Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day Event 2021 ┤▒├ Wild Sweet Treats

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/6 23:12:53 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh! So that's what prompts a visit to my thread?? Good to know! XD LOL! It's not like you've been inactive this entire time...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/6 23:14:42 )
@Koah: lol. Yeah, I've run in to snotty little kids like that. Knowing they exist suddenly explains so much in this adult world, doesn't it? -sigh-

When does the event end-end? It's not tonight, is it? (edit: May 8th)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/6 23:26:01 )

@Koah: Wow that's nice. Maybe I should try that one too.
I don't know what I should make for dinner tonight.

@Wildfire: lol well I had my own threads to take care of (and sometimes I wasn't even doing that well) lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/6 23:32:14 )

@Koah: Kids like that are the worst because you just know it comes from their parents thinking they're better than everyone else.
      Like 3rd graders don't come up with insults like that on their own, they were taught that.
      And that's just sad.
      Like why are you raising your child to be an asshole?
      A classist asshole at that.
      Making fun of people who might not be able to afford the same luxuries as you...
      That's... Trash.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/6 23:44:36 )
@Ava: I bet it can be difficult to deal with sometimes :( I hope the other salon is still around and can help you out... and at a much more reasonable price!!

@Totalanimefan: lol. Oh, that battle...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/6 23:46:51 )
@Anarchist Beauty: absolutely. I hate that kind of thing, and yes, it absolutely comes from the parents!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/6 23:49:14 )

@Wildfire: Yeah that's the one that I meant lol.
How was your event?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/7 00:46:31 )
@Totalanimefan: lol. my event? here? as in how have I been enjoying this event? It was cute, it was fun. How have you enjoyed it?

*went for a walk*

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/7 00:55:05 )

@Wildfire: I liked it a lot. I was busy with other things during the event so I didn't get to hang out as much as I wanted to, but I had fun. I like the new shop, the new NPCS and most of the designs for our already existing NPCs.
There were lots of hints that the new games page and going to be up and running soon, so that's exciting for me. I want to play Blackjack. lol

How was your walk?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/7 01:53:21 )
@Totalanimefan: Omgosh, I don't know what to do for dinner either. e.e'

@Anarchist Beauty: It's really easy to tell a household by how a kid behaves. If they're mildly a butth-le kid, they don't bother me.
lol, I'm stable now and like, settling into a "forever" home. We're done moving around. I brought my kids to a local park recently and my kids magnetized to another kid there. The mother came over to me and we chatted only for a moment and she got desperate to be my friend because we're similar in parenting styles. Which is super rare to find. XD //She came off strong// o3o' She was like "FINALLY. COME TO MY HOUSE WOMAN. I LIKE YOU." I mean, <- basically.

@Wildfire: I ended up going outside for fresh air and then drove the truck to the grocery store. I think I needed that today. =0 How was your walk?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/7 02:20:28 )

@Koah: I ended up ordering Japanese food and got it delivered. It was good.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/7 02:56:55 )
@Totalanimefan: My husband got home and made food to save me the headache. He cooks quick Chinese food when he's hungry.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/7 03:16:54 )

@Koah: Oh that's nice! I didn't feel like cooking tonight and I had wanted Japanese food for a while so I got some lol.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/7 03:55:19 )

@Koah: Yep I learn quick too back then and I got spanked by both of my parents lol... with a slipper or a belt if I recall. But when I moved here in Canada it was frown upon so they didn't continue it. But I had a recent talk about it with my Dad and he said that what he had done was right and considered normal back then, because he was also raised that way. He only realized the negative impact of it much later on and learn there are other ways to discipline children. He also mentioned that often times you can get to carried away with it and it can come as abuse and not discipline anymore which he also experienced growing up. It was just different times back then.

Yeah I'm surprised that no one really taught me to write on my right hand, not even my teachers from what I remembered growing up. I just struggled learning math and I was one of the last students in my class that learned how to read. But I found people's reaction interesting though, is like the same reaction when they found out I have a twin brother x'D

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/7 07:28:20 )
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

@Wildfire: Yeah, I realized I should finally start mine. ;w; Really want to de-clutter.

And it's Venti from Genshin Impact, and no, it's one of the official stickers. :0
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/7 14:48:39 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm glad you enjoyed the event and are looking forward to the new features. Yes, the new shop is quite cute and it's always fun to see new drawings of established characters.
& @Koah:
My walk was fine, thanks - we walked about 2 miles and chose exactly the right time of evening to go, so it was comfortable out there, but no bugs (and the sun was still up). My eldest came with me & hubby too, which was nice, and we got to meet a couple of nice dogs (since we didn't have ours with us) :3

@Koah: & @Anarchist Beauty: & @Purpsy:
Parents who actually parent do seem to be becoming increasingly rare :( ... there are too many excuses for what's just rude self-centered behavior, and it comes from parents who never managed to control themselves or think their own actions and reactions through. That's one reason why I enjoyed the homeschool community so much here - most of us were on the same or similar parenting page in terms of style and approach (ie. actually interested and involved, without coddling or smothering), and there was always a parent around that would address anything that needed it. And yes, parenting styles have changed dramatically in the last couple of generations. I got whapped with a belt, or a wooden spoon, or a hand, etc., as a child more times than I care to admit, but that was the 'expert medical advice' at the time. Our knowledge and understanding has evolved since then.

@KittyBeary: It's cute... and from something that obviously I haven't seen XD
I really want and need to declutter too, but this last year has complicated my life in some ways and 'getting there' to actually do the decluttering and reorganizing has been difficult for me to manage. There have been higher priorities. But the time is coming :3 I hope you get there soon!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/7 14:51:59 )
Good morning everyone!

I need to return my younger son's textbooks to the college today and hopefully bring my husband to pick up our truck - now with working door locks and key fobs (lol). I want to take a look at the cookbooks that I just bought, and I'm not sure what else is on my agenda for the day... Right now, coffee. That's about as far ahead as I'm thinking at the moment XD

What are you guys up to today?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/7 16:23:50 )
@Wildfire: Good Morning, I haven't read back yet.
I'm in better health and mindset today. I got much better sleep.
I have a play date lined up with that homeschooling mom I talked about a few weeks ago.
I had a lot of financial panic attacks this week and amidst those panics, my husband convinced me to keep homeschooling the kids next year. He's comfortable with me at home- which wasn't the case a couple of years ago when my kids weren't old enough for school.
lol, It's wild how much people change/grow within a couple of years.
//

On the parenting topic; [ I read back ].

My mom tried wooden spoons to spank my brothers. But my eldest brother laughed when the spoon broke in half on his rear end. He was a pre-teen/teen. [I was too young to recall] BUT my Other brother talks about it all the time because that spoon breaking made a shift in the household and it was apparently scary [to him]. My mom found new ways to keep them in line. lol, I was so young in comparison that none of her "tough love" parenting affected me. My mom always talked about taking away the little VHS tv that my eldest would play PS1 on.
I definitely know quite a few parents that do spanking still. I remember a few years back, I looked up the rules on it. Something along the lines that you can't leave a mark or a handprint. It's frowned upon now in general.

omg, I'm comfortably strict with my kids[starting with this]. When I moved into my new town a couple of seasons ago, I scolded my kids in line at the grocery store, and I got red in the face from embarrassment because I don't know the local mentality on parenting. All these thoughts rushed through my head. 'What if someone in line is my neighbor and won't like me' 'Am I being looked at?' Etc.
Anyway, The older lady in front of me was grinning ear to ear. She saw I went red and said "You are so refreshing. You're so young and disciplining your kids on the spot. you just don't see that anymore."
@Purpsy: You have a twin Brother?! WHAT?! XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/7 17:02:42 )

@Koah: Yep x'DD
We're farternal twins too ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

How's your morning going?

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/7 17:05:39 )
@Koah: Oh that's so cool -congrats! Yes, it's amazing how much people can change in the course of a year!
I've had a few moments like the one you describe too, which was always nice. I've also had a few moments which garnered the opposite reaction of "oh, they're just being Kids!" /me eyerolling and trying not to smack the sh*t out of the person/ "Gee, thanks, Stranger, for judging and jumping to conclusions, completely undermining my authority and giving me a lot more work to do because now I have to try to explain to my kids why you're wrong, because you don't know the dynamic of my kids, their behavior today/this week, or what I'm trying to teach them!" I'm so glad I'm over that stage. Now I hear how nice, polite, smart, interesting, able, etc. my kids are :3 <3 *checks box* My job is (almost) done here!* XD

@Purpsy: *waves at* How are you today?

I'm about to run my son's books back to the campus... will bbs.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.