Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day Event 2021 ┤▒├ Wild Sweet Treats

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 20:17:51 )
@Koah: ROFLMAO! Oh yeah... I can completely picture that... errrrm... probably not the best phrase, given the circumstances XD but I think you know what I mean! It's a weird middle-ground space you found yourself in!! XD You're a good aunt. :3

Yeah, covid was the last straw, but really the kids and hubby stopped most of my adventures somewhere along the way. I'm not exactly sure when or how, but that seems to be the connection and the timing. It probably has something to do with being so worn out all the time trying to keep up with them in all aspects of their social, physical, and educational lives, plus trying to keep up with the dogs and the house that whenever I got time, I was too pooped to do anything! And trying to get them out the door to go have an adventure turned in to a lot of work - too much work. I remember having too many times where it was like "oh come on, guys! Just grab your shoes and let's GO!" but an hour later we still hadn't left and I was tired of trying to pry them out of the house. So I eventually kind of gave up. It's a shame, really. Now, I'm trying to get back out and do things on my own ('cuz I'm annoyed at that scenario^^ and don't need them along to have fun or do things 'cuz I'm "spunky" that way XD) but covid is definitely a complication. *sigh* Stupid covid.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 20:50:00 )

@Wildfire: more eggs and vegetables with rice for lunch today :3
Haha thank you
Hmmm maybe? Not intentionally reflecting RL, but i was going for a bitter “why do I have to deal with this” alice look lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 21:00:15 )
@Vixen: Fried rice, or just a mix?
I think you hit your goal with the look. It's cute, but also sassy, "watch yourself"! XD <3
How is your day going?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 21:11:25 )

@Wildfire: Haha yep, sometimes you go to the store you some stuff on sale or instantly remember what other items you need despite writing a list down already. In my case my phone because I'm very forgetful.

And np, I'm gonna miss you feeding us delicious foods in the morning ToT

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 21:23:14 )

@Wildfire: bitter piratey alice lol
nah separated
vegetables and eggs in a scramble and i just put that on top of rice

breaking from work briefly then going to get back at it

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 01:17:15 )
@Purpsy: Yup. Or you see a sale that's simply too good to pass up. There's always something, isn't there? XD

@Vixen: Sounds good! :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 01:51:20 )

@Wildfire: i did the work thing and now i'm doing to voltra thing xD
i think i'm going to get take out for dinner today

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 06:37:07 )

@Wildfire: Haha yupp x'D

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 13:21:23 )
@Vixen: Oh? What kind of take out did you decide to get? How was your day yesterday? Did work go ok for you?

@Purpsy: lol. Yup :3

Good morning
It's Friday. I think. This week has flown by!
Does anyone have plans for this weekend?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 13:45:06 )

@Wildfire: I plan to relax tf a lot :3
Had a pretty stressful week and I'm glad is done and over with and get back to my creative artistic mood.

*takes a *
And how's your weekend going to be?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 13:58:49 )
@Purpsy: Oh! I'm sorry that your week was so stressful. I hope you get that relaxing, creative weekend! <3

I'm not sure what my weekend is going to look like tbh. Maybe kayaking. Maybe cleaning out the garage or putzing around the house doing things that need to be done. I have been very slowly trying to take care of the little messes and little household projects that seem to accumulate, so maybe I'll knock out a couple more of them. Or maybe I'll tackle that completely overgrown garden that is more successful at growing grass (that's almost tall enough to be called 'hay' now /eyeroll/) than it is at growing edible plants ...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 14:07:19 )

@Wildfire: That sounds pretty relaxing despite the many tasks :3
And thank you ^^ I postpone my art a few days so it was nice to get back into it again yesterday~

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 14:13:54 )
@Purpsy: Yes, I suppose there's that. At least these are self-regulated tasks that I'm trying to knock out and not things that must be done on a specific timeline. The garden will be tough work - partly because it's very much overgrown, and partly because it's in the full sun all day long (which can be an issue here), but at least I'm likely to get some sweet potatoes out of it... if I can find them all. It'll be a little like an easter egg hunt... in the dirt XD

It's always nice to get back in to your art, imo. But it's good to take a break once in a while too. It sounds like you hit that good balance for yourself, so that's a good thing :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 14:26:39 )

@Wildfire: Oooh sweet potatoes! I want one right now =q=
Ah that can be an issue so wear sunscreen if it's really bad there. Most of the stuff I need to do had to be done in a specific timeline for me this week which kind of added the stress for me. They were people coming over to do some repairs in our apartment so we had to make everything tidy and clean which usually is no problem to most people but in my situation is certainly not =w=; I've talked a little about on Serious topics thread. But in the end I'm glad is been done and over with so I can focus on other stuff and my place a lot more tidier than before :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 14:34:45 )
@Purpsy: LOL - yes, sweet potatoes actually manage to grow in that garden. Probably because most of the plant is underground XD The sun is always something to consider here, but there are ways to deal with it :3 and it's often worth it ;)

Ahhh... I haven't ventured too far outside of my thread here recently - it's just too much to try keeping up with since I'm also usually doing other things when I'm online. Is everything ok for you? I understand about the strict timelines adding stress - I usually prefer to 'float' as the day progresses too. At least your stuff is done now, right? <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 14:48:52 )

@Wildfire: Everything is alright, to make it short I live with someone who hoards and the rest should be pretty explanatory hopefully?
I want to be more open for it but is still pretty heavy to talk about haha... =w=;

I'm kinda jelly, I want more sunlight where I'm from but weather be so bipolar here lol. At least today is sunny :3
But potatoes are yummy! I don't mind growing some if I won a garden lol. I love potatoes<3

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 15:01:48 )
@Purpsy: Oh yes! That is quite enough of an explanation! That would make me absolutely and thoroughly bonkers, tbh. We tend to get 'mid project' piles of things here and they make me crazy (and admittedly, it's mostly my own doing! Because my energy can fluctuate wildly sometimes, it can take me longer to actually start and finish a project, so in the meantime, there's a bit of a mess).

Where do you live again that the weather is being so bipolar? I hope it cooperates with you and you get the sunshine you'd like! :3 I'm in Florida, 'the sunshine state', so having enough sun is not usually an issue here!! XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 15:03:24 )
... and potatoes are awesome! Especially sweet potatoes <3 What's your favorite potato and favorite way of eating it?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 15:36:18 )

@Wildfire: ended up with korean tofu soup
Work was ok; there were a couple of things I didn’t manage to finish, but I’ll do it next week

please @ me

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 15:41:10 )
@Vixen: Oh - I don't think I've had korean tofu soup before! What's that like?
It sounds like a typical work week, right? There always seems to be something that doesn't quite get finished by the end of the week...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.