Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day Event 2021 ┤▒├ Wild Sweet Treats

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/12 22:35:00 )

@Wildfire: i ended up with chicken and rice. not exciting, but good food :3
ooh whatcha gonna cook?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/12 23:18:00 )
@Vixen: Hey - there's nothing wrong with chicken and rice! We are doing a sheet pan with chicken and broccoli and pineapple tonight for dinner - nothing particularly special there either, but it will work well :3

I cooked dinner AND I walked the dogs! XD
(really: I set up dinner and had my son help, then monitor dinner while I walked the dogs)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 03:27:55 )

@Wildfire: ooh sounds yummy :3
i ended up doing a scramble of sorts for dinner with vegetables and stuff

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 14:30:48 )
@Vixen: scrambles are good! :3

@Ava: You have a wonderful outlook! <3
I can't remember the last time I had fried catfish!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 14:33:16 )

..................... ugghh.... soooooo groggy this morning, and a bit head-achey, but that's probably from cleaning up the lanai yesterday evening from the pollen that was still hanging out there. Now it's a nice space again - or it will be once I put everything back together XD

Good morning. How is everyone doing today so far?
-leaves out some goodies-

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 15:16:32 )
@Wildfire: I do agree with you on yesterday's topic.
Sorry I disappeared, I found things to do outside.
/
omg, speaking of pollen, I cleaned my patio too yesterday. I woke up with a swollen eye. Almost feels like I got whacked in the eye, but it's swollen like allergies and not a smack in the face.
unfortunately, I don't know if it was the pollen I kicked up with cleaning, the cotton tree shedding [it was basically snowing cotton all day yesterday], or the succulent out in my yard I was messing around with before bed.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 15:52:16 )
@Koah: Hey Koah. ... and once again, we find ourselves doing and experiencing similar things at the same time XD <3 I'm sorry that your eye is all swollen from the kicked up pollen, though. My face feels a little puffy too, plus this little sinus headache. You'll figure out what's making you react with time. I didn't think succulents spewed out pollen, but I guess it makes sense that they do :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 16:14:04 )
@Wildfire: My husband was insisting I talk to our new roommates and get to know them. So last night, while the girlfriend was out working on her car [totally looking like Megan Fox from Transformers], I sat awkwardly and had a conversation with her. Good conversation, but I was nervous and touching plants I never hang around. I popped a succulent. Now I'm oddly thinking I'm allergic to those succulents. They're all over the yard, spreading like wildfire and I was hanging out where they started.
OH wild gossip; My new older parent friend in RL, the one I was initially nervous about, had to cancel our next play date because her 18-year-old son got his lady pregnant. OTL not just pregnant, but twins. She's 17. She's been calling me the last couple of days asking for advice. She's so absolutely overwhelmed.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 16:29:36 )
@Koah: People can be reactive to all kinds of things you wouldn't normally think they'd react to, and it's possible to react to something but not even know it, simply because they're so used to feeling a certain way that it never clicks that there's something else going on. It makes sense that maybe that's what you're reacting to, if you were completely over-exposed to that plant last night. Maybe do some research to see how likely a reaction to that particular thing is?

Oh wow. That is definitely a life-changing thing and I don't blame her for being absolutely overwhelmed - there's a lot of things going on with that situation. It says a lot that she called you, though :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 16:48:36 )
@Wildfire: It Feels kind of like a "meant to be" type of situation. She needed a friend through this new ordeal and her son's new chapter is quite similar to how my husband and I started out.

I started digging into succulent allergies, it's uncommon. :T which is why they're primarily house plants for people. Basically, if you're allergic to latex, you're probably allergic to the common succulent house plant.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 17:15:07 )

@Wildfire: Yep I might be in semi hiatus here too but there are threads I need to update or make which prob will keep me staying for awhile...

How are you doing today?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 17:16:31 )
@Koah: Yes. I think most of those types of experiences are 'meant to be' in one form or another. It doesn't make it any easier to deal with, though - at least initially.

That's about what I thought concerning succulents!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 17:19:43 )
@Purpsy: Hey Purpsy. Is there any particular reason for your expected upcoming hiatus?
I'm doing ok today. I'm groggy and trying to motivate myself to go do a little bit of yoga or something, but I just ate breakfast... uhhh... lunch... and wanted to give myself a couple minutes before doing anything that might involve being upside down XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 17:26:46 )

@Wildfire: Hmm most likely I will lose interest posting for a while or something else will come up in the future, a the moment I think I'll be staying :3

Ah I see well I hope you had a good brunch while I'm kind of running out of food here and by food I mean bread TAT and maybe fruits...
Got some mangos though and is ready to eat now.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 17:30:33 )
@Purpsy: Ohhhh mango! You reminded me that I have a honey mango that should be eaten. I just went food shopping again yesterday, so there's all kinds of things in my house atm... but oddly, a lot of stray bits and pieces that I should do something with too - like 1/2 of one zucchini, 1 little head of broccoli, a handful of grape tomatoes, etc.

Oh, I understand - the event is over (despite our still earning sugar cubes) and there are other things to do in life... but if or when you go, you'll be missed :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 17:54:37 )

@Wildfire: Awee TwT ty! You will be missed also if you decide to go in hiatus too~
Yeah I need to go out to buy groceries soon. We're mostly running out of cleaning supplies so far and not much on food my dad made sure of that a couple of days ago, we just running out of bread and fruits oh and ketchup lmao x'D

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 18:48:32 )
Sorry I poofed, RL took me away. Our water was turned off due to some construction down the road.
and I just hyper-focused on my kids' school time and now they're both almost done for today.
aaand, I got into some serious convos with my friend because she's panicking over a job application. I'm glad I have enough life experience to make people feel better in their situations. <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 18:51:12 )

@Wildfire: yush very yummy
I use eggs for just about everything, especially if i want something easy to cook... i end up with scrambled eggs with something mixed in lol

please @ me

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 19:36:23 )
@Purpsy: aaah... random food stuff :3 Somehow I still end up spending a gazillion dollars when I run to the store for things like that. I don't get it.
Awww <3 Thank you. I'm not planning on taking a hiatus but if I do it'll probably be because I'm focused on getting something else done. :3

@Koah: Wow - you're just hitting all the little weird inconveniences, aren't you? Did they at least give you a heads up that they were going to disrupt your water? Yay on getting the kids mostly done with school though - that's significant! :3 Life experiences are everything. Too many people seem afraid of getting out there and actually actively living life, it seems. I get it, but I also don't. That said, I've been thinking recently that I need to get back in to the "living life / adventure" mode myself :3

@Vixen: lol. Eggs are easy and versatile. I don't blame you for using that as a bit of a default food mode. I had some eggs earlier today with all kinds of random veggies thrown in (asparagus, kale, zucchini) and it was yummy. LOL - your avi is cute today... in a "don't mess with me / I see through your crap" kind of way. Reflection of RL, or just playing around?

I disappeared to do a little yoga, play with the dogs, and take care of a couple things.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 20:05:28 )
@Wildfire: lol, I'm texting with my 18 yr old niece too. She just got her nippies pierced. and I chatted with her through the whole process. XD I hate that I got pictures, I can tell you that. My eyes burn. however, they look good. But as an aunt, I'm like, AAAH my EYES. but as her friend, I'm like "YAY! look at those, they look great!" =;=
Covid definitely stopped my adventurous life. It shouldn't have stopped me from going outside more, but it did.
I got a heads-up from the water company, but I forgot about it. e.e'

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.