Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Unexpected Trip

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/10 00:51:11 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Vicki was quick. She made her way over to her brother and without asking, knowing that this was likely what he'd want anyway, she just caused a spear of her fire mana, and stabbed it through her brothers heart, knowing it would cauterise everything immediately, but the damage would also be severe enough to just outright kill him, and quick.

After the act was done, the fire she used faded, dissipated, leavint he body of her brother.

"... Well, at least you'll revive." She muttered, looking at all the snow around and wondering if that, plus the thinner air, would get in the way.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/10 01:11:17 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay's body lay there motionless for... longer than she would have liked, to be honest. Just when she was starting to wonder if there would be a serious problem, she noticed the reviving process begin, as his body fell to ashes and clothing.

However, again, it took longer than she expected for the ashes to ignite, and it took FAR longer for her brother to re-form and rise up from the charred remains of his previous body.

She guessed the moisture and the thinner air were the culprits. But it mattered little, now. He brother was back. And naked. He sighed and grabbed his specially tailored clothes, rushing to put them back on and cover himself up. It took a minute or so, but he managed.

"Thank you." he said to her.

"I can deal with fire. I can deal with natural burns. But CHEMICAL burns? Nope." he muttered.

"Felt like napalm was clinging to my bones." he revealed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/10 01:22:15 )

"You ok?" Vicki asked, her voice a bit concerned.

"No lingering effects or anything?" She asked.

"Because... that'd be where there would be some serious issues."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/10 01:42:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay paused for a moment, and took stock of... himself. He checked around, stopped and closed his eyes to concentrate, spun around some, stretched his arms left and right, ran in place, crouched down, laid down, pretty much did everything he could think of.

He then rose to his feet, and shrugged.

"Seems like I'm all right." he told her.

"I don't feel anything." he said.

"Granted, that smell is going to haunt my dreams for a bit." he then muttered. "Seriously, when everything ignited in there, it smelled... well, I think I actually vomited." he told her further.

"However, everything is gone. It's all reduced to cinders and ashes." he confirmed. "If you want to check, yourself, I highly suggest a hazmat suit. A full one." he stressed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/10 01:44:11 )

"I trust you." Kiah said with a light chuckle.

"That heat was felt out here, even." She added.

"Thank you, Lindsay. You did more than I think you properly realise. I really do appreciate you're help." She added before pausing a moment.

"Is there anything at all I can do to show my thanks?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/10 02:13:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay just chuckled.

"It's fine." he said.

"Just don't leave me high and dry if Kiah comes gunning for me over this." he told her.

"Because when she hears and/or sees that this happened... she won't be happy. To massively understate it." he muttered.

"I'll probably come back here and see about cleaning this place up." he then said further. "Once the damage has been repaired, and everything probably taken care of, that is a nice space." he commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/10 02:17:42 )

Vicki nodded.

"Just send her my way." She told him.

"Hopefully she goes to Alice first though." She added. "That woman can convince anyone of anything. I swear, she got Mom's manipulative bone."

"Anyway, You good to get home?" She asked after a few seconds. "I need to speak with Dad."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/10 02:39:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay laughed a little at her comment.

"That is true." he said.

"I'm convinced there's nothing she can't do, mentally manipulative-wise." he went on.

"Vanessa only WISHED she could do what Alice does." he added.

"But yes, I'm good to go home." he said. "I'll be fine." he assured her.

"And you need to speak with him? Why?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/10 02:43:47 )

"Something I learned about the future, that I think he needs a reminder regarding." Vicki answered honestly.

"And I know. Alice is ridiculously good with her words." She added.

"Anyway. I'll catch you later then." She said. "Call me if you need my help with any sort of anything, hey?" She asked before stepping up and giving him a hug.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/10 03:04:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay returned the hug and held her close for a moment, before they let go and they took a step back from each other.

"Love you." he said to her.

"Love you, too." she responded.

With that, the two of them disappeared separately from where they stood, and Vicki appeared in the corner of the room designated for teleporting into. She looked around, before making her way to her father's study, figuring that's where he was.

However, she was proven wrong before she could even get there, as she heard slight snoring coming from the den.

Which mean that Vincent had fallen asleep on one of the couches there.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/10 03:07:16 )

Vicki just chuckled as she made her way to the den where Vincent was. She stood where his feet were, and just smacked his foot a few times to try and wake him up.

"Yo, Dad. We need to talk." she told him bluntly, and plainly.

"And yes, it's important, so wake up."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/10 03:34:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Nnn... ngh?" Vincent mumbled, before Vicki smacked his foot again.

"Huh?" he muttered, waking up and looking blearily over towards her.

"Oh, hey sweetie." he greeted her, sitting up and stretching out a bit letting out a big yawn.

"Guess I fell asleep." he said.

"Anyway, barely heard that we need to talk, apparently." he commented.

"What's going on?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/10 03:36:43 )

".... what will happen to you, if after you take over for Emelie in a century or two.... what will happen if one of the archangels are destroyed?" Vicki asked him, her voice curious, straight to the point.

"It's important you find out. Study up on it, just in case it ever happens." She added.

"Please..."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/10 04:01:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...eh?" Vincent asked.

"Well, the archangels are physical manifestations of the various aspects and emotions of God." he told her. "So when one ceases to exist, their essence would... travel back to... hm..." he muttered.

"Would they travel back to the one they came from... or ME, considering the position I'd be filling...?" he wondered.

"If it's the latter, then because I wouldn't have given up that aspect..." he went on, trailing off a bit at the end.

"Yes, that IS a good point." he admitted to Vicki. "I'll need to make sure I'm prepared if it's the latter." he reasoned.

"Thank you for calling this to my attention." he said to her. "But what brought it to YOURS?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/10 04:03:41 )

"Bombed an exam, took an unexpected and unplanned trip, found out Alice and Kiah were playing with things they really shouldn't be, and that you'd abandoned the world, before coming back home." Vicki told him plainly.

"Also, found out something interesting about nexuses." She then said.

"Your mana is so strong because you live basically on top of a weak one."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/10 04:36:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent could only stare at her for close to 5 seconds, before he looked away and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Ngh." he grunted.

"That was... a LOT of information crammed into a very small amount of words, I'm guessing." he said. "So let's go through these things in terms of relevance and ease." he suggested.

"Firstly, I had not considered the possibility of my mana being so strong due to essentially living atop a weak one." he told her. "But, thinking about it, that makes sense." he admitted.

"Secondly, bombing an exam?" he asked. "Well, we'll need to speak to the professor about that, as it sounds like some VERY extenuating circumstances caused that." he told her further. "See if we can't get a do-over." he sighed.

"Thirdly, it sounds like you had some kind of vision of the future, which is very curious, seeing as your capabilities seem to be limited to seeing the past. Or, rather, parts of the past you wouldn't normally know." he commented further.

"But, from the sounds of it, it had a purpose. Have you managed to use the information you garnered to help steer the course of the future?" he asked. "More so than you already have by bringing the archangel scenario to my attention?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/10 04:47:57 )

"No. I did not have a vision." Vicki told him.

"You are right in that my psychic abilities are limited to past events." She added.

"However, my soul was wrenched from my body and placed into the body of me two and a half centuries from now." She continued.

"There's a lot to unpack there, though."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/10 05:09:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"So this falls under the purview of time travel." Vincent then said.

"I see." he went on.

"Well, that means that someone there wanted so badly for that future to not come to pass, they resorted to pulling someone from the past there, to return with information needed to change the course of the future." he continued.

"Regardless, I DO hope it worked." he said.

"Because it certainly sounds like that future was... a harrowing one."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/10 05:12:24 )

"... you... you have no idea." Vicki commented, not saying anything else for a moment.

"... I'm reasonably certain that I did stop it. The research was destroyed, and Alice has smartened up." She added.

"Kiah, on the other hand... might need more convincing."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/10 05:33:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...hm." Vincent muttered.

"Well, I'm sure she'll see reason." he told her.

"She IS intelligent, and she'll listen if asked to." he reasoned.

"...then again, she DOES take after Demitra in her stubborn ways..." he then admitted.

"Regardless, I wish you the best in dealing with her." he said, clearing his throat a little.

"Though it's surreal to imagine Alice and Kiah bringing such a future forth..." he added at the end, trailing off a little.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.